Pacific Coast Producers Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Dan Vincent

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Place to work"

I have been working at Pacific Coast Producers full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great CEO and Management Team - Many long-term employees - Overall great company!

Cons

No negatives that you don't find at any employer.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. "General Labor"

Former Employee - Bracket IV in Lodi, CA
    Former Employee - Bracket IV in Lodi, CA

I worked at Pacific Coast Producers full-time

Pros

Working at Pacific Coast Producers was a polarizing experience, but overall I enjoyed the work, although, it was menial and monotonous. Coworkers and management were awesome, and were helpful throughout my stay. There is very little intrinsic or extrinsic motivation but what could you expect? The work was generally easy and required low levels of skill. Easy job for those in need of something temporary, although some employees seem to be making a career out of it.

Cons

MANAGEMENT
    Management is awesome on a personal level, but they are very disorganized. My shift was constantly changed and sometimes I was even called in when I wasn't even suppose to go. Now, I am not one to complain, but I did specify during my orientation that I had a pretty hefty course load (proctored exams, research papers, etc.). This wasn't a significant problem most of the time, except when I had scheduled exams that I had to reschedule due to inconsistent and fluctuating shift changes. After a certain amount of time you are given a performance review from the supervisors with no real constructive criticism, and without a logical prompt to really judge how well you did (is 'above average' a good thing? Is there a 'great,''excellent?' What could I do to improve? Communicate? etc).

SYSTEM OF EMPLOYMENT
    I will admit, this is the first time I have worked a job similar to this, so I don't know if their system is standard practice. I had originally applied to another position within the company which I wasn't qualified for for various reasons. Either way, the employees are set up into 4 brackets, four being the lowest (general labor, clean up, etc.), two through three were palletizers and label techs , and one are forklift drivers. Pay is based on bracket, highest being one and lowest being four. Now here's the kicker, in order the climb the ranks you have to apply to a higher ranked position when a spot opens, but once that position is attained, it doesn't guarantee a consistent spot. You could be thrown back down to bracket four with your previous pay any time they wish. Sucks huh? Their system is based on seniority and rank, but not performance. Now, it is true that if performance is good, your seniority would increase after an allotted time. However, how was performance judged? Was it subjective or objective? Many people don't retire here, so there are many employees looking for that spot to open, yearning for the day, but ultimately working patiently based on empty hope. Imagine the employee dissatisfaction knowing that the only way you could climb the ranks in the company is until someone retires. That's a lot of patience, and some of those forklift drivers have been sitting in those seats for 30+ years, and it shows (insert glute joke here).

Advice to Management

I don't mean to critique management, although I did. There are always two sides to a coin and I understand that some of my critiques run deeper than management. There are many changes that I feel would help the company and at the least, improve employee morale, although many seem content with their position.

RR

3. "Mechanic"

Former Employee - Mechanic in Lodi, CA
    Former Employee - Mechanic in Lodi, CA

I worked at Pacific Coast Producers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get paid every week and get holidays off. That's about all the pros I have about this place

Cons

The working conditions are the worst I have seen in a while. Reminds me of a third world country. There is mold everywhere all the time. FDA and OSHA should visit them more often

Advice to Management

Stop being cheap and get the right tools for the job and fix things more quickly

4. "Intense"

Former Employee - Bacteriologist in Woodland, CA
    Former Employee - Bacteriologist in Woodland, CA

I worked at Pacific Coast Producers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Workplace is professional with responsibilities clearly explained and documented.

Cons

In season it is seven days a week so it is a very intense but the overtime pay is fair compensation. This is not a job for people who tire quickly because it is a long slog.

5. "Overall good experience"

Pros

Good company with plenty of opportunities to gain experience in multiple areas.

Cons

Inconsistency in when work could be expected because of the seasonal hires

6. "quality control"

I worked at Pacific Coast Producers full-time

Pros

If you want to make a good amount of money in a short period of time it was good for that, i got hired on making a little over 12 an hour

Cons

It is seasonal work so the work eventually ends and its also pretty boring but youre getting paid for it

Advice to Management

the job I was given was counting bins around the whole factory to see how much peaches we were wasting

7. "CIO"

Current Employee - IT Secuirty Manager
    Current Employee - IT Secuirty Manager

I have been working at Pacific Coast Producers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent place to work. They take security seriously. The benefits and pay are the best. the people are very pleasant to work with. There is very little turnover.

Cons

It is a very small company in a small town (but maybe you think that a Pro).

Advice to Management

Rely more on measures.

8. "Forklift Driver"

Current Employee - Forklift Driver in Lodi, CA
    Current Employee - Forklift Driver in Lodi, CA

I have been working at Pacific Coast Producers (Less than a year)

Pros

Long hours, Very nice co-workers. And HR

Cons

Seasonal work. So many people, small full time oppertunites

Advice to Management

Weed out the workers from the rest.

9. "A great company."

Current Employee - Customer Service in Lodi, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Lodi, CA

I have been working at Pacific Coast Producers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly, supportive environment. Emphasis on employee's well-being. Flexible schedules. Growth opportunity.

Cons

Management communication skills regarding what was expected could have been better.

10. "Lots of hours"

I worked at Pacific Coast Producers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a job and stepping stool for better opportunities.

Cons

Work to much. You will work 70 plus hours a week. Great if you're hourly but terrible if you're management. Your summers are gone. No life for 3 plus months a year. No sick time.