Pacific Continental Realty Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 16, 2017

2.5
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "This has been an unbelievable opportunity to gain experience in a personal field of interest."

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Bellingham, WA

Pros

My supervisors and co-workers are an amazing group of individuals who work well with each other and support each other in promising property sales. They even have Poker Night every Thursday. They have supported me personally and professionally; giving me ample time off for family emergencies, graduation, and vacation as well as giving me extremely nice cards/gifts for birthdays, Christmas, graduation, etc.

Cons

My hours were recently cut drastically, so stability in hours is uncertain. Also, there is no set review for a possible raise, so unless you ask for it or really show your abilities you likely won't get one.

Advice to Management

This is definitely a good job to have in College when the hours are roughly 8-16 hrs/week and can work around school. This company has been such a good experience for me and I'm proud to have worked with such amazing individuals.

2. "Worst Place to Work... Ever."

I worked at Pacific Continental Realty full-time

Pros

• Being talked to like a child
    • Absolutely no one has any idea how to complete office tasks
    • Doing the meaningless, redundant tasks that are the responsibility of others
    • Not getting the tools you need to do your job (like computer passwords)
    • Everyone passing the responsibility on to someone else
    • Co-workers "throwing you under the bus"
    • Refusal to move company into the 21st Century—no cloud based storage for remote access, or usable office wi-fi, for example
    • Faxing (yes, they still use a traditional fax)
    • Refusal to listen to employee suggestions and recommendations
    • Being told you can't use your PTO as it "conflicts with the needs of the office"

Cons

• Unprofessional
    • Passive-Aggressive Behavior
    • Non-existent Leadership
    • No Training
    • Sexist Remarks
    • Leadership makes criticizing remarks of other employees in front of them and others

Advice to Management

Take some leadership and sensitivity training. Better understand how to treat people with respect.