Pacific Dental Services Anonymous Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 21, 2019

4.1
Pacific Dental Services President Stephen Thorne
Stephen Thorne
  1. "Good company culture & development"

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Mentorship -Encouragement to own your career development -Wellness perks, especially the EAP benefits and mom's programs -the opportunities to volunteer throughout the year. You can even volunteer with the mobile dental clinic as a non-clinician - they'll find something for you to do.

Cons

-A few departments can seem isolated from others -Have come across some entitled employees - in honesty, you'll come across people like that anywhere and it's up to you to figure out how to work with people like that. -Onboarding can be a little confusing. You have to call around to find the right person to talk to about enrolling in benefits, for instance.

Pacific Dental Services2019-11-21
  2. "Fast growing organization"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

A great organization that provides an opportunity to develop professionally and grow your career. Leadership listens and provides solutions to problems.

Cons

Need more parking spots.

Pacific Dental Services2019-11-21
  3. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work culture, values employees and their development, patient focused, community friendly, strives to be innovative in technology, and strives to continuously improve in all aspects of business.

Cons

Parking is limited. Coffee/tea could be a little better.

"Bad Experience"

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time

Pros

The people I’ve met, outside of the company.

Cons

Overworked, underpaid, not given resources, will never see reimbursements, shady and unethical things happening. Worst career move I’ve ever made. Ready to run and never look back. Something told me to not go through with this, and I should’ve listened.

Pacific Dental Services2019-10-22

"Fast-Paced Diverse Work Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Supportive Management, Paid Volunteer Time, Collaborative Co-Workers, Career Development Workshops, PDS Foundation, Growth within the company

Cons

Parking at NSC is difficult at times.

Pacific Dental Services2019-05-09

"The things that happen here are despicable"

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Dental benefits are amazing, most people are quite helpful and like their job

Cons

Health insurance is not great, ethics are questionable, the “charity” isn’t real, super religious, consistent difficulties with tech, few days off compared to other companies

Pacific Dental Services2018-12-06

Pacific Dental Services Response

December 14, 2018People Services

From one Pacific Dental Services employee to another, we’re very concerned about your perception of our company. We want you to know that we’re listening, and we’re doing everything we can to address the honest feedback of our employees. Each one of us must take personal responsibility for maintaining an ethical business where both patient and team member wellness are a priority. In the coming year, we plan to unveil several exciting changes, including enhancements to our time off programs, new technology initiatives, and continued training for our leadership teams. Furthermore, we encourage you to reach out to your human resources representative if you have experienced or are currently experiencing inappropriate religious interactions in the workplace. While many of us at Pacific Dental Services honor personal religious commitments, our rules and regulations do not allow these commitments to interact with the operations of our company. Lastly, we would like to direct you to the Pacific Dental Services Foundation website, where you can learn more about our legally recognized 501 (c)(3) organization. This charity, which is separate from Pacific Dental Services Inc., is committed to serving patients by improving oral health care for those in need.

"Value your Employees"

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Open to train candidates from different industries to learn all about the dental facet of healthcare. They offer benefits and some of the hardest working people work for this company.

Cons

The employees are looked at as chess pieces, Also unless you are perfectly lined up with a great doctor ,its hard to bonus which is never explained when they hire you.

Pacific Dental Services2018-02-18

"Overworked and underpaid"

Anonymous

I worked at Pacific Dental Services

Pros

Until recently it was a Monday through Friday job so you could enjoy the weekends with your family. It also previously had hours that enables you to spend most evenings at home with your family.

Cons

Training is half baked and incomplete. You are often thrown into a position with no training and minimal support. The main focus of the company is the mighty dollar not dentistry. I understand a profit must be made but it is done by short changing pay for its employees and adding unnecessary treatments on to patients treatment plans. Company does not like to train and promote from within very easily and there is little growth opportunities.

Pacific Dental Services2014-10-27

"Associate Dentist"

Anonymous

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services

Pros

Very nice staff and talented dental assistants.

Cons

Poor management. Dentists are reduced to a name and number--your ADP (average daily production). Every patient is an "opportunity" to make money for PDS and barely any for yourself. A PDS "supported" doctor has no support unless they have a high ADP. The number of Cerec crowns you do is carefully tracked and if you aren't cranking them out, you'll get fired. No autonomy. Cheap equipment. Not enough X-ray units in the building (usually just two that you share with specialty!). I recommend it for short term to get experience but then run. Maybe have a baby before you go while you're still on the insurance. You didn't spend all your youth in school to be told how and when you can use your degree by a bunch of non-dentists!

Pacific Dental Services2014-04-03