Pacific Dental Services Dental Hygienist Reviews | Glassdoor

Stephen Thorne
  1. "Dental Hygienist"

Current Employee - Dental Hygienist in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time

Pros

Opportunities to grow my self

Cons

Can't think anything-my team is amazing!!!!!:-)

Advice to Management

More compensation will be appreciated:-)

Pacific Dental Services2016-02-20

"long time hygiene"

Current Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Henderson, NV

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

great benefits, std, ltd, 401k match and HSA contributions

Cons

location movements, lower pay rate than city average

Pacific Dental Services2019-09-17
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Hygienist"

Former Employee - Dental Hygienist in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Pacific Dental Services part-time for more than a year

Pros

Patients, some staff are friendly. Staff works hard, easy to get along with in my office. I was pleased with esthetic of office.

Cons

Sell, sell, sell Not evidence based dental hygiene, instead a hodgepodge of irrelevant non clinically significant-studies that push production only. Production is King.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to pretend there is integrity. Use actual clinically significant meta-studies. Dump the irrelevant laser and irrigation game.

Pacific Dental Services2018-03-22
  5. "great co workers"

Former Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

great work environment and easy parking

Cons

unorganized schedule poor time management and high turnover

Advice to Management

train admin staff to schedule properly

Pacific Dental Services2017-11-20

"Dental Hygienist"

Former Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Murrieta, CA

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast Paced & if you'er motivated by Money

Cons

Fast paced -Up selling - Money money money is all that was talked about - you tend to really feel like a Replaceable Number

Pacific Dental Services2017-10-10

"Terrible company yo work for"

Former Employee - Dental Hygienist in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are no pros at all.

Cons

As a hygienist you are just screwed. Horrible model they use for their "bonus" or I guess "production model" they would call it. Doctors are suppose to do the regular cleanings, but will cram it on your already packed schedule no matter how much it screws your schedule up. I was forced to do 20 minute prophys no matter what patient it was. I worked for them in three different states, always horrible. Have to basically look at three different columns and be okay to just be tossed around at at moment. Oh and hygienist do not get any of the bonuses the assistants get. Yup, when the office makes it's goal that you are a part of, you get nothing. Everyone else gets a bonus though. Hygienists are just getting taken advantage of in this company. No room for growth, but the dental assistants get plenty of raises and promotions. Screw us hygienists, right?

Advice to Management

Stop cramming so many patients in. It's ridiculous. You make us lose time and relationships with the patients. You also are stressing everyone out. You want to come in the back and see an emergency or do a scaling and see what you put us through when you give us no time to do any treatment? Be my guest.

Pacific Dental Services2017-08-31

"Work condition"

Current Employee - Dental Hygienist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is no reason you think sheriff joe treated the convicts poorly in tent city come to work at pds and you'll be treated worse

Cons

No care about the employee if they can find someone to do it quicker cheaper doesn't matter the quality you will make it they treat you like a dog

Advice to Management

Come in and be positive and willing to help and not tear down. If god only knows what tomorrow holds it should trickle down from regional managers. Im not sure they know who god is or what he does

Pacific Dental Services2017-08-02

"New bonus structure stinks"

Current Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Rialto, CA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There really is no good outcome financially for the bonus structure. The new bonus structure doesn't make sense for the hygienist.

Cons

I have spoken to our management team for almost a year now. I have been with the company as a full time hygienist for 7 years. Our pay structure and bonus incentive was great and allowed the clinician to make a great salary based on the production us hygienists were making monthly. However the company changed their bonus structure so the bonus is harder to achieve and the clinician recieves less money monthly than before. I have spoken with over 8 long time hygienist friends at PDS and we agreed that since the bonus structure was changed, we have seen a drop in pay about $1,300 a year! My district manager didn't believe me, until I showed him paycheck stubs from years before with similar hours worked and production revenue from then til now and the drop in pay is substantial. His face and attitude changed about me ever since and I almost feel shuned by him ever since. This company is about patient care, but also about being financially rich! Which is fine, just pay your hygienists and clinicians fairly. My advice to anyone applying for a clinical position at PDS is to do your homework.

Advice to Management

Its sad to say, I care deeply for the office staff, but after 8 years, I think I'm done here. The management style is harsh, district managers should not turn a cold shoulder to an employee just because they challenge the rules. Change your hygienist bonus structure PDS. Stop being cheap, and pay us what we produce for you. After all, it is the hygienist that is performing that busy schedule, not you.

Pacific Dental Services2017-04-20

"Over schedules in addition to not giving the clinician enough time to give a patient proper care."

Former Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Wildomar, CA

I worked at Pacific Dental Services part-time for less than a year

Pros

There are none in my opinion. I never felt there was any positives for the little bit that I worked for them.

Cons

Unrealistic schedule & time given for patient care. They do not have or supply clinicians with proper instruments to take care of patients. They want you to SELL to patients instead of caring for the patient & there true needs.

Advice to Management

If you did not over work your hygiene department & if you gave them the instruments they needed to preform their jobs to even good quality you probably would not have the high turn over you have with hygienists.

Pacific Dental Services2017-03-27

"Pacific dental is a great company founded on great morals. The concept is necessary for dental businesses today."

Current Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, networking and a feeling of unity. Great opportunity within company to make sure you have the hours you need if you want them. Not a pro you find in private practice. Great standard of care.

Cons

I feel as though the training is poor. I feel like they should invest in finding a way to help people succeed. I've watched a lot of turn over in many offices because they felt under valued or didn't have a firm knowledge of their job description. You would spend much less money training the people you have than continually rehiring and all that comes with that

Advice to Management

I think some of the RM's may need additional coaching/training because the advice I hear them dole out to employees is poor and not beneficial to making individuals feel like they have power to change their situations. More training in person and support. Not just modules.

Pacific Dental Services2016-10-22