Pacific Dental Services Operations Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Operations Manager

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Stephen Thorne

Pros
  • Work/life balance is generally pretty good as long as you can prioritize (in 14 reviews)

• Great company who develops their employees (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • If time isn't managed well work/life balance can be impacted (in 40 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't know how to control middle management (in 27 reviews)

1. "Great org who invests in their employees"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company who develops their employees. They are continually investing in training and providing you with tools to do your job. Job is very challenging but plenty of support is provided. You have to be the person who knows how to manage the MANY tools provided to you. Don't expect the support to do your job for you. They empower you to treat the office as it's your own. Love the community service piece of the company. They are always looking for ways to give back to their local communities. Fast growing company who has plenty of growth opportunity. Gulf Coast region is awesome. Michael Hurley is an effective passionate leader.

Cons

Can be long hours at times. Company is growing fast so IT infrastructure lately has been weak but I know they are working on it.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing.

"Operations manager"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great office personnel
    Good technology
    Team work among offices
    Training at a corporate level
    Corporate support services are quick to respond.

Cons

Regional management seems to be disconnected from the challenges the local offices face. They spend very little time in the office and when they do it is brief and isn't purposeful. Company has a great mission just seems to be lost on local leadership. There isn't enough internal reflection to solve problems very quick to focus on wrong things.

Advice to Management

Focus on what your regionals are really doing.

"Operations Manager"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance
    Work trips

Cons

Fast pace training even though training time frame is a good amount of time

5. "Operations Manager"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in College Station, TX
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in College Station, TX

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits and support available. Atmosphere is warm and family.
    Patient centric!

Cons

Work life balance difficult to maintain, especially if you are strong in your job.

6. "OM"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Life time company to grow your talents.

Cons

Leadership roles truly tests your commitment. Long days to be successful. This may not be for everyone.

Advice to Management

Support the dentist and patient relationship.
    Everything else will fall in place.

"Operations Manager"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Meridian, ID
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Meridian, ID

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits. Development opportunities. Nationwide.

Cons

Work and home life balance.

"Run!!!"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay good Benefit package

Cons

Everything else, shady shady shady upper management, If your not good enough for them they will stab you in the back fast. I worked for pds for 4 years and helped a drowning office rise again and boom they bright my replacement in for me to train which i didn't know was the plan, then they booted me. All because I didn't lick thier shoes like everyone else. Disgusting people in Gulf Coast.

Advice to Management

Stop being so shady.

Nov 2, 2016 – Recruiting Representative

We are sorry that your experience at a PDS®-supported office did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your candid feedback and thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

"Good for the Resume, Bad for the Soul"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Riverside, CA

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Met some pretty cool people. Lots of training available, which helps build resume for future jobs for when you're beaten and torn down by this company.

Cons

Greed. It's all sales. There is a "culture set by CEO that is not followed through. A lot of community service and outreach programs to make them feel better about what they do to patients. A lot of practices that go against my morals....

Advice to Management

Stop the brainwashing and change things. People in the office and billers know what you're doing and it's not okay.

"9+ years and counting"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I can't say enough about this company. I have been employed for almost 9 years. The support staff, upper management and peers all are amazing. The company truly cares about it's employees: their growth, family-life balance and benefits. PDS communicates openly and honestly, they are transparent, proactive and collaborate. They also listen and hear what I have to say and make things fair. In addition, they/we also have fun at work. Their commitment to outreach and serving our communities is amazing! They are and should be the provide of choice!

Cons

Can be stressful at times, but what company or business is not. Overall, the positive out weigh everything!

Advice to Management

none

Jul 7, 2016 – Recruiting Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are so happy to hear about your experiences over the past 9 years. We do try to be transparent, proactive, collaborative and listen and love that ... More

"Love my Company"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love the company I work for! They offer so much room for growth that I see myself here till i retire. It's more than a job it's a career. Constant training to keep everyone updated on the new and improved technologies and everything dental. They give back to the community with many events they sponsor i.e.: We Serve Day, Braveheart, Mobile Dental Clinic. Great bonus system and they truly give back to the employees in Christmas parties, XP event, and appreciation days.

Cons

Really only con is that our medical insurance has such a high deductible you'd think with company with so many employees they'd be able to get a pretty good rate for better insurance.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your employees

Apr 10, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Supervisor

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience as an Operations Manager! We are so happy to hear that you find your experience at a PDS-supported office to be a life-long career. Your ... More