Pacific Dental Services Registered Dental Assistant Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2019

1.7
Pacific Dental Services President Stephen Thorne
Stephen Thorne
  1. "Registered Dental Assistant"

Current Employee - Registered Dental Assistant in Marysville, WA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good hours. Good benefits. Awesome people.

Cons

Hard to get used to the company model if you are coming out of private practice

Pacific Dental Services2016-06-16

"RDA"

Current Employee - Registered Dental Assistant

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ok benefits, new offices and technology.

Cons

Bad management Shady business Money first before patients Overworked for little pay

Pacific Dental Services2019-06-26

"Horrible money hungry company"

Registered Dental Assistant

I worked at Pacific Dental Services

Pros

Some people in the company are really good people 401k

Cons

Poor management Medical insurance coverage is poor High turnout rate All about money Work environment

Advice to Management

Hostile working environment, managers and owner doctors do not care about staff members. High turn over in office because owner doctor does not know how to treat staff. Four years with this company and we had a new manager every year and other staff members because of poor interactions between doctor and team members. I stepped down as supervisor and asked for a transfer because of the doctor and and tired of new managers who do not know how to manage, and got fired. I had previously contacting higher management and documenting on what was happening with manager and owner doctor, nothing was done to change the hostile environment. Nor did I get a transfer because they decided to terminate me. I do not appreciate the way I was treated for so long and to get terminated because I did not let myself get taken advantage of is pretty outrageous not to mention I am also pregnant that is very low for a company to support these people in power. I will never recommend anyone to work for this company.

Pacific Dental Services2019-05-25
  4. "Pay"

Former Employee - Registered Dental Assistant

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great atmosphere for the most part

Cons

Nothing was bad during my time

Pacific Dental Services2019-04-15

"The doctors treat you horrible unless they need something from you."

Former Employee - Registered Dental Assistant in Liberty, TX

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Insurance is the only good thing

Cons

Long hours, but get in trouble for over time. Come in on your days off but can’t have a day or two for family emergencies. And if you have a family emergency they don’t want to give you the days off, but expect you to come whenever it’s your day off.

Advice to Management

I believe that if you cared about your employees you would understand the situation that they are going through and not tell them that they don’t value your their job because they had to go to a funeral.

Pacific Dental Services2018-08-07

"Made me a better clinician"

Former Employee - Registered Dental Assistant in McKinney, TX

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Worked for a PDS-supported office for a couple years. Met some amazing people. The doc I worked for was the best I've ever stuck with, and she taught me so much. Not only that, PDS offers training and free CEs for all full-time employees, as well as a great selection of benefits and potential bonus pay. You learn how to work efficiently and get the opportunity to have CAD/CAM experience under your belt. I loved my regular patients and definitely felt appreciated for the work I put in from time to time (for an RDA, that says a lot). If you are looking for around 40 hours a week, with an outlook as dental being your life career, and no other restrictions with evening schedule, this is the place to be!

Cons

Unfortunately you never know what you're going to get management wise, and no one cares until over half the staff is gone. It wasn't the same since, and work was more strenuous being understaffed. Work/life balance not so great. Added Saturdays and hours are thrown around, leaving only until the last patient is finished (even if they want to start an rct/crown 15 mins before closing). If I didn't have educational/family obligations and needing a more consistent schedule, I would still be here.

Advice to Management

New OMs thrown in offices should have some sort of eval by the established office staff after a certain period of time to make sure they mesh with the team well. I've seen too many dedicated people find reasons to leave due to unsatisfactory work environment all because of one switch of managers.

Pacific Dental Services2018-01-05

"Registered Dental Assistant"

Former Employee - Registered Dental Assistant

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Loved the diversity and uniqueness of the clinical staff. Great benefit package opportunities. Awesome company to work for!

Cons

Overall mission of the company is great. However this gets misconstrued as it filter's downward from corporate. Whereas office management (OM) start to do there on thing rather then follow the mission of the company.

Advice to Management

It's great to seek strong Business savvy applicants for office managers. However once hired. Teach them how to cope with the stress that will come in a clinical setting to be efficient and learn to use the strengths of their clinical staff. Therefore it's a win win situation.

Pacific Dental Services2017-06-01
  8. "RDA"

Current Employee - Registered Dental Assistant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay Good hours Flexibility Great community service opportunities Great company mission

Cons

Depending on the office you might work very long hours

Pacific Dental Services2016-10-29

"RDA"

Former Employee - Registered Dental Assistant in Bakersfield, CA

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great health benefits and 401k plan. Hard-working co-workers that I could always count on. I made some really great friends there.

Cons

Overworked, underpaid, management treats back-office staff terribly. Patients are cattle-herded through. The company instructs the management to instruct doctors & hygienists to sell dentistry to patients. The entire production is crazy... not what dentistry was meant to be. Definintely not what we learned in school. An unprofessional office manager can cause extreme staff turn-over. (Bakersfield-Hageman)

Advice to Management

Treat people the way you wish to be treated

Pacific Dental Services2016-09-15

"Rewarding"

Current Employee - Registered Dental Assistant in Pearland, TX

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

I developed an even more independent mind, the company in a sense made me grow up. I wanted to do well not only for the company but for myself and my son. In the beginning, I took everything personal but I was told by many Managers that what ever needs to be done was best for the doctors and patients and I understood that very well. I am very happy to work for this company and I am willing to do what it takes to grow with it. I especially like working with Doctors like Dr. Elizondo who is willing to teach if you are willing to learn. I have worked with one company for 14 years in the past and I hope to work here for as long as I can. Thank you for allowing me to share my experience with you.

Cons

When I first joined the company, I had some challenges in my personal life. I am very thankful I stayed with the company because it has provided me great opportunities, a supportive work family and a chance to do what I love most in a great environment.

Advice to Management

We are all human beings with different stories, take the time to listen to our stories. An example of this is Dr. Elizondo, the Owner Doctor in Pearland because she is an active listener.

Pacific Dental Services2016-05-10