Pacific Dental Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Stephen Thorne

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They give back to the community with many events they sponsor i (in 31 reviews)

• Great work life balance, great pay and benefits (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • If time isn't managed well work/life balance can be impacted (in 41 reviews)

• Upper management is clueless how it actually works (in 31 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Life Long PDS-er!"

Current Employee - Specialty Regional Manager in Austell, GA
    Current Employee - Specialty Regional Manager in Austell, GA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- Career Advancement
    - Best in class DSO
    - Strong ethics

I have been with PDS for over 8 years. I started in Arizona as an Office Manager Intern ( working for free). I have since been a BC, an OM, a multiple office OM, and now SRM.

I jumped ship for 11 month and tried Perfect Teeth and soon realized that grass is not greener.

I came back to PDS and have no plans on leaving!

Cons

As in all fields , people quit their boss and not their job. Some regions may not have the same feel.

Pacific Dental Services Response

Apr 4, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Wow! You are a great example of what the growth at PDS has to offer. It’s exciting to see the variety of roles you’ve held with PDS and we are looking forward to your continued success ahead. Thank... More

2. "Business Administrator"

Current Employee - Business Administrator in Lady Lake, FL
    Current Employee - Business Administrator in Lady Lake, FL

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been looking for a long long time to work for a company that have the same visions and values.and benefits is outstanding I'm so thankful to be working with a company that I can grow old with.

Cons

I don't have an answer

Advice to Management

I'm so excited to have met Dennis and talked to Ms. Russell through my telphone interview an a personal interview with Dennis I can't wait to pick their brains for All of their knowledge so I can be the best future manager.

3. "Obtain the financial commitment"

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time

Pros

Great training program, and support from regional leaders

Cons

Can seem very money hungry

4. "Great company"

Former Employee - Benefits Coordinator in Hemet, CA
    Former Employee - Benefits Coordinator in Hemet, CA

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very team oriented and excellent training

Cons

Treatment costs are high and can be difficult for patients to meet their needs

5. "Growing Organization With Great Values and a Supportive Team"

Current Employee - Lead Generator in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Generator in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In a nutshell- Supportive team, fun atmosphere, patient-focused, living out values and "we believe" statements in everyday business, professional and personal growth opportunities, and giving back to communities.

TEAM- Specifically, within our team at our National Support Center, our leadership team has always made sure to recognize great performance, celebrate birthdays and special events, and provide support when someone is going through a difficult time personally, by encouraging to take time off, sending flowers, and/or giving a card of encouragement, signed by everyone on the team. We work hard but laugh often.

Furthermore, suggestions and recommendations on how to improve company and team culture, processes, and systems are requested by our leadership team, which makes the team feel like our opinion is valued and shows the organizations' focus to continually improve.

VALUES- We start each day with our team huddle, reading a short story of success or words of encouragement, always ending with one of our "we believe" statements, and talking about how what we do each day impacts our dentists, patients, and team members. There is a constant focus on our vision and how we impact the business. It's not just something you read in orientation and never see again.

DIVERSITY- I've read other reviews addressing diversity, which is very surprising to me, considering the very diverse culture we have at our National Support Center. Anyone who follows the social media accounts can see the diversity in the photos.

GROWTH- Another huge advantage is the professional and personal growth opportunities. I have been promoted once myself, and have witnessed about a dozen other promotions within our team and other teams. There are great career paths at PDS and with the growth of the organization, it's not unlikely to see multiple promotions for someone.

GIVING BACK- Lastly, PDS is really big into volunteering. They even offer paid time off to volunteer. During the recent hurricanes, our team members and executives came together and helped raise over $25,000 to help our team members in the gulf coast and their families get back on their feet. Some people even donated their time off to those affected team members. PDS also provides free dentistry every year to people across the US (and in other countries) that otherwise could not afford it, and we run fundraising campaigns each year to raise money to build wells in Africa to provide clean drinking water to people in need. How awesome is that?

Cons

Being that it is a growing organization, there are some kinks that still need to be ironed out with processes and systems to be more efficient. The good news, is the leadership and executive team recognizes this and is in process to make things better.

Also, the two pieces of consistent feedback for improvement are benefits and communication. There has always been a disconnect with some communication between departments, and from higher level management and team members. I have also seen an improvement with this in the 2 years that I have been here but there is still room for improvement.

Advice to Management

1) Continue to seek feedback from your team members to find out how to improve culture, systems, and processes.
    2) Offer more options for medical benefits, and offer more time off.

"Working at PDS"

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services (Less than a year)

Pros

Owner doctors get to decide how they run their offices. Which can benefit employees from time to time.

Cons

It's a corporate company. It can be less personal with patients, they just want to make as much money as possible and then none of that money gets put into offices that need it. They are all about numbers and less about patient care.

"Call Center Supervisor"

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time

Pros

Good pay and good hours

Cons

Not enough care and commitment from upper management

8. "Awesome people with great core values and beliefs."

Current Employee - Specialty Dental Assistant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Specialty Dental Assistant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is great people who work here and it’s very open door, concerns are addressed in a friendly manner. The doctors are awesome and most of the offices are well kept and up to date.

Cons

I think taking emergencies are good and help people but it sometimes makes the patients with appointments wait longer and pushes the whole schedule down.

Advice to Management

None, they do great.

"Not a good place"

Current Employee - Dental in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Dental in Houston, TX

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get a lot of benefits. Which is nice , and most of their benefits a lot of practices don’t even have them.
    You are able to move up in position. And you are able to work with high tech machines like the Ceres. And most ( at least my doctors) lets you design the crowns.

Cons

Lots of turn overs ( they come and go so fast)
    They are SUPER strict and you get written up for the smallest things
    You have NO life. ( this company is your life)
    You stay later then schedule you can have a 8-5 day but not leave work til 9 or I even stayed til 930
    IF YOU HAVE. A FAMILY NOT THE PLACE For YOU!!!
    They care for one thing and one thing only..... MONEY

10. "Lead RDA"

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time

Pros

Opportunity for growth is high.

Cons

Pay can be lower than private.