Pacific Dental Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Stephen Thorne

Pros
  • Work/life balance is generally pretty good as long as you can prioritize (in 14 reviews)

• Great company who develops their employees (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • If time isn't managed well work/life balance can be impacted (in 40 reviews)

• If your doctor does not produce the office manager is coached on ways to get your doctor to produce (in 28 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Life Long PDS-er!"

Current Employee - Specialty Regional Manager in Austell, GA
    Current Employee - Specialty Regional Manager in Austell, GA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- Career Advancement
    - Best in class DSO
    - Strong ethics

I have been with PDS for over 8 years. I started in Arizona as an Office Manager Intern ( working for free). I have since been a BC, an OM, a multiple office OM, and now SRM.

I jumped ship for 11 month and tried Perfect Teeth and soon realized that grass is not greener.

I came back to PDS and have no plans on leaving!

Cons

As in all fields , people quit their boss and not their job. Some regions may not have the same feel.

Apr 4, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Wow! You are a great example of what the growth at PDS has to offer. It’s exciting to see the variety of roles you’ve held with PDS and we are looking forward to your continued success ahead. Thank ... More

2. "RDA"

Former Employee - Rda in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Rda in Frisco, TX

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved the people I worked with and all my patients.

Cons

Nothing really was a good job.

Advice to Management

Some times management changes after you get use to them.

3. "Great learning environment"

Current Employee - Associate Dentist in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Associate Dentist in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Technology, support, business structure, offices are nice, as a associate dentist, you don't have to worry about dental staff, good benefits

Cons

Pay, goals not met, opportunities are not exactly what is stated by owner doctors and regional support, other doctors and offices don't support each other as much as they should

Advice to Management

Be realistic with associates pay and current opportunities of grow for new dental associates

4. "Great org who invests in their employees"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company who develops their employees. They are continually investing in training and providing you with tools to do your job. Job is very challenging but plenty of support is provided. You have to be the person who knows how to manage the MANY tools provided to you. Don't expect the support to do your job for you. They empower you to treat the office as it's your own. Love the community service piece of the company. They are always looking for ways to give back to their local communities. Fast growing company who has plenty of growth opportunity. Gulf Coast region is awesome. Michael Hurley is an effective passionate leader.

Cons

Can be long hours at times. Company is growing fast so IT infrastructure lately has been weak but I know they are working on it.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing.

"Revenue Operations"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is decent company culture and from what I could tell, other departments seemed to be happier than Revenue Operations. Everyone I met were great people and always helpful (management was 50/50).

Cons

- Overtime is mandatory every week with little to no incentive to do better. There were a couple people that got promoted and voluntary demoted themselves because the work to compensation ratio was not worth it.

- The department is ran by incompetent managers who are not interested in personal development. Projects got delayed as consultants quit because the manager in charge did not know how to do the job. The VP was not personable and would walk past me without saying hi even though he knew I worked in his department.

Advice to Management

Realize no one is staying at PDS contently but don't take advantage of the employees that are willing to stay. Appreciate them by investing in them through training of some sort - informational or personal. The stale interest of this department will only lead to decreasing returns, which will drive away doctors from using these services.

Knowing how this department's employees are treated and the lack of passion that come from it, I would never partner with PDS as a doctor.

"Dentistry without all the hats"

Current Employee - Pediatric Dentist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Pediatric Dentist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love my job with Pacific Dental Services (PDS). I became an owner of a pediatric office (My Kids Dentist) 3 years ago. I enjoy every part of the job, especially the people with whom I work.

I owned a private practice for 11 years. It required wearing many hats (doctor, business owner, advertising expert, HR director, accountant, tax manager, IT repairman, etc.). With PDS I am able to focus on dentistry while giving those other hats to individuals who are expert in those fields.

I also appreciate the extensive training given to my staff, and the ability to communicate and associate with fellow PDS dentists who are my colleagues and friends.

From a business standpoint, the most enjoyable part of my day occurs at 5pm when I get to go home. I hang up my lab coat until the following day without worrying about a million non-clinical elements required to run a practice.

Cons

The misconception people have towards corporate dentistry.

Advice to Management

Increase ownership opportunities for orthodontists

7. "Management team continues to get stronger and better."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Plenty of opportunity for growth. You can move up through hard work and dedication and by staying out of the drama.

Cons

There are a few long term office managers that thrive on rumors and gossip and for some reason they keep their job.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop the employees that work for it and stop allowing the bad apples to get undeserving attention.

8. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The training program and ongoing support is great. The CEO has a clear vision and local management is empowered to make the right decisions for the people and the business. Working in support of the doctors is challenging and rewarding.

Cons

If you struggle with being organized, or with time management, lifestyle balance can be a big challenge. On the up-side though, the management team offers great support and help with this.

Apr 3, 2017 – Director of Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are thrilled to hear that your management team is supportive. Our teams put a lot of time and resources into our training programs; we are so glad ... More

9. "Georgia Region"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Positive outlook, strong culture and values, patient centric model, excellent benefits package, excellent career growth opportunity,training and personal development focused.

Cons

None that I can think of

Apr 4, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your review. We are ecstatic to hear you are experiencing the many career paths and growth opportunities there are with PDS. Thank you for your positive outlook and your work in our PDS ... More

"Over schedules in addition to not giving the clinician enough time to give a patient proper care."

Former Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Wildomar, CA
    Former Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Wildomar, CA

I worked at Pacific Dental Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are none in my opinion. I never felt there was any positives for the little bit that I worked for them.

Cons

Unrealistic schedule & time given for patient care. They do not have or supply clinicians with proper instruments to take care of patients. They want you to SELL to patients instead of caring for the patient & there true needs.

Advice to Management

If you did not over work your hygiene department & if you gave them the instruments they needed to preform their jobs to even good quality you probably would not have the high turn over you have with hygienists.