Pacific Dental Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 24, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Stephen Thorne

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "My work life balance has vastly improved since switching" (in 16 reviews)

• "They give back to the community with many events they sponsor i" (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • "If time isn't managed well work/life balance can be impacted" (in 47 reviews)

• "Upper management does not like the honest truth on how to fix things" (in 35 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"General Dentist"

Current Employee - General Dentist in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - General Dentist in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I initially had reservations working for PDS due to the corporate reputation. However, I am so glad I did. PDS has exceeded every expectation I’ve had. As a dentist, I am solely able to focus on my dentistry. I do not have to worry about insurance, hiring/firing employees, marketing, etc. Before PDS, I worked in private practice. My work life balance has vastly improved since switching. Other pros include the amount of free C.E. at my disposable, which is usually very expensive. There is full benefits (medical, vision, 401k, etc) which is unheard of in private practice. I am so happy I took a chance with PDS because it has brought my career to the next level.

Cons

Occasionally open extended hours (7PM) and Saturdays. However, I worked these hours in private practice as well.

2. "Great Company, Fair management"

Former Employee - Accounting Intern in Henderson, NV
    Former Employee - Accounting Intern in Henderson, NV

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was an intern for the accounting team for 10 weeks. This company cares a lot about their interns. Their intern program involved networking activities, social events, roundtables with executives and more. Everyone I met at Pacific Dental Services was kind and considerate, managers and "subordinates" alike. I highly recommend working for Pacific Dental Services. The work schedule is flexible, they respect your personal time, and more.

Cons

One of the only cons I can think of is that we do not get some of the normal office holidays off as our dental offices stay open, so those on the support side have to work too.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

3. "IT Department"

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Every team within the department supports each other seamlessly. The growth and expansion that has happened in just the past year alone, keeps everyone excited and wanting to come to work. The management team is extremely business savvy. They truly have our dental patients AND our internal team member's best interests at heart - this stems from our CIO and the culture that he promotes for his teams. Professional, successful, fun and engaging place to work!

Cons

There are too many food places surrounding the headquarters in Irvine, it's hard to decide sometimes.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting your teams the way you have been. Everyone loves what they do because of you.

4. "PDS IT Dept."

Current Employee - Manager in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the BEST things about working in this dept. is the flexibility and the space to "grow" that is given to every employee. Not being micromanaged is a huge plus! The company culture is very family focused and I appreciate the ability to still be able to be a parent as well as a full-time employee and to have a job that I enjoy. Management tries very hard to communicate with us and keep us abreast of whats changing in IT and at PDS. I personally appreciate their acknowledgment of where they have struggled and their effort to get back on track

Cons

Parking is horrible and it's rough especially on contractors and women in heels. Luckily, the parking person will gladly give you a ride to your car if requested. Hopefully they figure out a better parking solution because if you aren't here by 9am, your aren't going to find a spot until after lunch.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate with your employees about new employees and about those who have left or been terminated. Sometimes its hard to know whats going on when suddenly an employee is gone.

5. "Benefits coordinator"

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time

Pros

Pay, benefits, room for growth

Cons

A lot of information at once and can be overwhelming

6. "Benefits Coordinator"

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time

Pros

Benefits were great, off on the weekends

Cons

Bonus structure, bad management, don’t get rid of employees who are not performing well

Advice to Management

Promote from within and quickly. Make sure when you’re increasing responsibilities, you’re also increasing compensation.

7. "Dental Assistant"

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time

Pros

Good pay, benefits, nas room for growth.

Cons

It's coorporate dentistry and sometimes feels very sales driven.

Advice to Management

Put more emphasis on quality of care rather than sales.

8. "Recruiter"

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, benefits, fun environment, compensation and growth opportunities.

Cons

I personally cannot think of any cons in my position.

"Assistant"

Former Employee - Dental Assistant
    Former Employee - Dental Assistant

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You will learn a lot
    Health insurance is good

Cons

Management is difficult in that no one seems to be on the same page. Communication with management is difficult because they tel younone ghing and so another and it’s hard to know what is truth.
    Depending what office you work at within this company makes a huge difference on how well one will do in this company but as the offices grow the more difficult it is for everyone to work towards the same goal.

Advice to Management

Learn to communicate well and truthfully

10. "Regional Leader"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The negotiating power of a larger co. Is sure to give the best to its team members and I have found that. I have had growth opportunity, transparency and a say as this region in Nor Cal has grown. Leadership works hard for the region and gives the offices the support it needs. With the platform it makes that easier. I have referred many to work here and have found my career here. My supervisor is honest, open and encouraging to take on challenges and grow.

Cons

If you dont tell people what you want, then you cant complain that you didn't get it. NSC works hard to make sure they support the field sometimes that connect takes longer then desired. As far as my employment if I wasnt happy I wouldn't stay for as many years as I have.