Pacific Dental Services Reviews

Updated May 14, 2021

3.3
Pacific Dental Services President Stephen Thorne
Stephen Thorne
Pros
  • "Great company to grow with the doctors(in 57 reviews)

• "I loved how I was able to work on a project that actual dentists could use in the field to positively impact their practice(in 49 reviews)

• Cons
  • "no paid time off, poor work life balance(in 70 reviews)

• "You have to use one of their dentists and you’re basically forced to pay for PPO medical insurance(in 68 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Pacific Dental Services and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

What a great company!

Mar 23, 2021 - Owner Dentist in Gilbert, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

The higher levels of the organization are all about Autonomy, Mastery, and Purpose and about Healthier, Happier Patients.

Cons

Not all offices are the same.

Pacific Dental Services Response

People Services

Thank you for submitting your review. We appreciate all you do for your patients and team members. PDS values your feedback and we want you to know that creating a healthier and happier workplace remains a top priority.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great

May 14, 2021 - Dental Assistant in Margate, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, days off

Cons

I dont have any cons against this company

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Very frustrating environment for RDH

Feb 17, 2021 - Registered Dental Hygienist in Overland Park, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great and welcoming onboarding experience Ok training at first Cooperative environment Great benefits Lots of locations I believe in the vision and mission of the company and its founder

Cons

Gets very hectic and inefficient They hire managers from retail that get a taste of power and ruin teamwork Managers and other team members without clinical expertise and education dictate your treatment decisions Not knowing what your schedule will look like - EVER You’ve got to be flexible, even if you get tired and burned out because of the amount of work thrown at you from all directions (Example: probe NP in room 4, FMX in X-ray room, clean room 5, laser and irrigation in room 1 because the DDS didn’t have time to finish it, clean my own op and sterilize a ton of instruments, help other team members that are barely making it themselves - ALL while my PMV patient is waiting and I’m running behind) After doing many tough SRPs a day, you’re expected to clean the office before you go home (yep, as in cleaning service) because PDS does not pay for a cleaning service They contributed to my burn out with long hours and significantly harder work than a typical private practice Pay is equivalent as in private practice, BUT you will work longer and harder No work life balance

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Would work for PDS again

Apr 3, 2021 - Specialty Benefits Coordinator in Anaheim, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, depending on your wonder doctor, and staff, potential to work for a very nice doctor and with a great team. There isn’t any billing to any insurance companies. They use an internal deparentment that does all of the billing. When claims were rejected we were responsible for sending information for that error to that department so they could resend those claims out. So with that. We didn’t receive any insurance checks, no processing of payments for those. Room for growth or transfer in the company. In CA lunches are to be taken by the 5th hour, they were very good about getting us to lunch by that time and having our work station covered.

Cons

Very high work load, not enough time given for all the tasks to be completed. Usually understaffed. Not the best work life balance.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company

May 5, 2021 - Treatment Coordinator in Chino, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, amazing training. California region was amazing. When I moved with the company to Colorado it was horrible.

Cons

Very clicky. If you don't hang with the "mean girls" you will not last long. Especially in the Colorado region.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

my current experience with PDS

Mar 2, 2021 - Operations Manager (OMT)
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing Company and culture, Full support on growing team members to be their best, The platform excels staff and doctors to ensure we are providing the highest level of PPE (Perfect Patient Experience), Positive environment allowing you to be your best and for patients to always feel welcomed and cared for. Detailed training in every aspect of your job design. Flexible supporting you in a work/life balance lifestyle

Cons

This is really hard to identify currently, I can say to many ring central meetings that could hold me up from implementing consistently with being hand and hand with my team. I like to take what I have learned and implement consistently without interruptions to help it stick.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee

Nice place

May 7, 2021 - Estimator in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, casual atmosphere and offices.

Cons

Long hours, endless deadlines, tight parking.

8. 3.0
      Current Employee

RDA

May 4, 2021 - Dental Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits Accumulate, PTO, sick time, learn Cerec

Cons

Over work employees for Production Your a janitor Under paid Upper management who over sees doesn’t acknowledge other staff but DDS and managers

9. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Learn and move on,

Apr 23, 2021 - Dental Team RDA in Santa Clarita, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits: medical, dental (you still have co-payments), life ins., 401k, free CE courses... PDS will also pay towards furthering education in dentistry, but read the fine print in the handbook. Great place to learn overall, a lot of opportunity to try different things. Bonuses were great when they were still around ($100-600). Get to meet so many people-networking is key and leads to new positions or offices. Very diverse employees, ranging from no experience to decades of experience. Hours always available, they always need assistants somewhere if you're willing to work.

Cons

Learn and move on, whether it's to specialty or just to private practice. General DAs and RDAs get the shortest end of the stick. We're overworked, underpaid, and underappreciated. Back office assistants are expected to do absolutely everything: all DA duties, CEREC, sweep, mop, vacuum, clean bathrooms, do laundry, take trash out, answer phones, etc. If you can think it, we've done it. No downtime allowed, get caught not working and you'll never hear the end of it in passive aggressive morning huddles or in your annual review, which is surely the reason you get denied your entire $0.15 raise (yes that's right, $0.15). If/when you interview haggle for every dollar and cent you can because decent raises, if at all, are far and few between. Most managers come from retail and don't know what they're doing. (Mine told pts that teeth had to be extracted to get a RCT and then they were 'put back in'.) Yep, that's the head of the office alright. Definitely effects scheduling and work load. Most days you only get thirty minutes for lunch and then the next week you're told you have to much OT, but if pts start tx at any time of the day you are expected to work into lunch and passed the end of day no exceptions. If people call out you will work by yourself and be expected to hussle. Don't get me wrong, there are so many wonderful people who work in PDS, but besides some awesome coworkers, lovely pts, and loving dentistry this company isn't worth it. Unless you need the benefits or end up getting a better position, work elsewhere.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Lots of work but worth it

Apr 27, 2021 - Operations Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay well, great benefits and train well.

Cons

Many many hours but worth the work if you can handle it.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 999 Reviews