Cover image for Pacific Dental Services

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good benefits and 401k.(in 135 reviews)
  • "Pay is good(in 71 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with!(in 64 reviews)
  • "Great training and process in place to support the teams to be successful.(in 35 reviews)
  • "You get to work with some great teams and doctors and keep a continued focus on providing the Perfect Patient Experience.(in 35 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Pacific Dental Services and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

New Leadership

Nov 20, 2022 - Operations Manager in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a great company to work for. They truly care about their employees and patients. Many resources for support, training and development. Take any negative reviews in the past with a grain of salt.

Cons

I can’t think of anything.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work!

Nov 18, 2022 - Regional Manager in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment with a purpose.

Cons

Don’t have much negative to say here.

3. Join the Pacific Dental Services team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good

Nov 15, 2022 - Assistant Manager in Gilbert, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everything has been going just fine

Cons

Can’t think of anything yet

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Will burn you out

Nov 22, 2022 - Registered Dental Assistant in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Worked as an assistant here for a year, as a newly grad no one helped me when it comes being trained I was just thrown out the bus. Doctors did not care about patient care at all. Honestly ruined my dentistry experience in helping others.

Cons

If you care for patient care don’t work here at all

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Passion at its purest

Nov 4, 2022 - Assistant Operations Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Passionate Upper Leadership Extensive training (travel to corporate for in person trainings) Growth opportunity Advanced technology Excellent softwares CBCT machines Great pay and benefits

Cons

I truly can’t think of any

Continue reading
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Really depends on the office

Nov 3, 2022 - Registered Dental Hygienist, RDH
    Business Outlook

Pros

It really all depends on the office you're at. Some offices are horrible and makes us do double columns with no help while other offices give you an hr recall and help you with recall so you can do SRPs for production. Just hope and pray that the dr you're working for supports and respect what you asking for in standard of care. Good benefits

Cons

Meeting productions/ bonus can be stressful Extended hrs May have to work weekends Free CE/ CPR classes

8. 2.0
    Former Employee

Lots of work

Nov 15, 2022 - RDAEF2 in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Full time and benefits are good

Cons

Dentists are sub par, but it’s corporate so

9. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Ok for some!

Nov 14, 2022 - Dentist
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Organized systems - Training and onboarding all employees - Employee benefits

Cons

- Accepts most insurance plans with low reimbursement fees - Limited autonomy as an associate - Have to complete dental cleanings as a dentist

10. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good place to start

Oct 29, 2022 - Specialty Benefits Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Full training of the job. Growth opportunity

Cons

They start you low. Depending on your office, you’re not fully recognized

11. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Overall pretty easy

Nov 13, 2022 - Surgical Dental Assistant in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, not to difficult of a job, very specialized.

Cons

On your feet all day, management isn’t always the best, not super organized.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,429 Reviews
</>Embed

Pacific Dental Services Reviews FAQs

Pacific Dental Services has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 1,490 reviews left anonymously by employees. 54% of employees would recommend working at Pacific Dental Services to a friend and 50% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Pacific Dental Services employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Pacific Dental Services. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

54% of Pacific Dental Services employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Pacific Dental Services 2.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Pacific Dental Services to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be work life balance, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Pacific Dental Services Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Pacific Dental Services? Share Your Experiences

Pacific Dental Services Careers

Cover image for Pacific Dental Services

We are Pacific Dental Services. One of the leading dental support organizations in the U.S., with supported practices located coast to...More

• Benefits
  • Our Success
  • Training/Awards
  • Giving Back

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

49 days ago

Company News
Today, Pacific Dental Services proudly celebrates the opening of our 900th supported practice, office 682, Aspen Hill Modern Dentistry in Silver Spring, Md., marking yet another significant milestone in the 28-year history of the organization. From our humble beginnings with just a handful of offices in California to now 900 supported offices in 25 states, we’ve come a long way together. As we continue to increase access to care with greater expansion planned for 2023, patients will have even more opportunities to receive modern dentistry with the latest, proven technology our platform provides. Thank you for your contribution to this milestone achievement—to say we are grateful would be an understatement. Congratulations and welcome, Aspen Hill Modern Dentistry! You give us 900 reasons to smile.
Shared image

50 days ago

Company News
We're thrilled to announce a partnership with our 700th PDS-supported owner dentist, Stacey Howes, DDS, FAGD! Dr. Howes joined PDS in August 2020 and is now the active owner dentist of River Point Dental Group and Orthodontics in Sheridan, Colorado. Her passion for mentorship was a key reason she decided to join PDS. In her new role, she looks forward to guiding new dentists and helping them achieve their highest career potential, all while providing the highest level of patient care to the community. Our vision of becoming the Greatest Dental Company in America would not be possible without team members who share that perspective. Thank you, to each of our supported owner dentists, for your passion and commitment to clinical excellence as you continue to lead our supported practices across the country. You make us smile!
Shared image

Pacific Dental Services Photos

+ Add Photo
Pacific Dental Services photo of: National Support Center
Pacific Dental Services photo of: At Braveheart 2014, PDS-supported clinicians, in partnership with the PDS Serve Foundation Mobile Dental Clinic, served over 115 patients and provided more than $62,000 in donated dentistry!
Pacific Dental Services photo of: PDS Foundation Service Trip 2019
Pacific Dental Services photo of: Our Minnesota team at their first We Serve event
Pacific Dental Services photo of: Recruiting is wild! Halloween 2019

Heartland Dental

3.9

1,771 Reviews
Compare

Glassdoor has 1,490 Pacific Dental Services reviews submitted anonymously by Pacific Dental Services employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Pacific Dental Services is right for you.