Pacific Dental Services Employee Reviews about "doctors"

Updated Jan 15, 2021

3.1
Pacific Dental Services President Stephen Thorne
Stephen Thorne
Pros
  • "Great company to grow with the doctors(in 57 reviews)

• "I loved how I was able to work on a project that actual dentists could use in the field to positively impact their practice(in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • "no paid time off, poor work life balance(in 70 reviews)

• "You have to use one of their dentists and you’re basically forced to pay for PPO medical insurance(in 68 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of Pacific Dental Services and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "doctors"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great company to work for"

5.0
    Current Employee - License Dental Assistant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services part-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome doctors. Great team. Good Benefits. A company that cares for its employees. Good pay.

Cons

None that I can think of.

"Decent Organization"

4.0
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The senior leadership gets it. They all(including the CEO) worked in offices so the policies they put in place make sense and align with the overall vision of the company. There are some really great doctors and specialists in this company who go above and beyond for the patients and their team.

Cons

Not all regions are created equal. If you work west of the Mississippi, it’s a great company and great leaders.

Pacific Dental Services Response

December 15, 2020People Services

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate all feedback from current and former team members and wish you the best of luck in your career.

3. "Unorganized"

2.0
    Former Employee - Dental Assistant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

The upper management tries to control the doctors and will keep pushing you to do dentistry that isn't needed.

Cons

They lie and treat people awful. They do not communicate with you at all. AVOID at all costs. DO NOT WORK HERE!!!

4. "Over worked/underpaid"

1.0
    Former Employee - Dental Assistant in Queen Creek, AZ

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

The patients are pretty cool. I'm a people pleasure so difficult patients aren't much of a worry. Some doctors are very helpful and informative

Cons

Very over worked, you must constantly be moving. Even if there's nothing to do. It's find something or clock out. If people don't see you doing stuff you're assumed not doing anything. 15 an hour isn't worth the stress and physical strain (But pay varied from person to person)

5. "Good company to learn"

4.0
    Former Employee - Benefits Coordinator

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you have the right Office Manager/Owner Doctor combination it can be a great place to work. Great team environments, patient care at the center of what you do, and solid pay/bonuses/benefits. Many managers are looking to train and develop you to help you learn and potentially advance within the company.

Cons

There are bad apples everywhere, and it you do not have the right fit with your Office Manager/Owner Doctor going to work can be miserable and you may have no opportunity to learn and develop.

6. "Underpaid"

Former Employee - Dental Hygienist RDH

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility Great patients The doctors are nice.

Cons

Doctors do prophys No variety. Perio all day, every day. Cheap(er) equipment.

"Operations Manager"

Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

People are great. My doctors were great. Coming from retail, this gave me nights off(my office closes at 7pm)

Cons

Long days for managers. I have never seen a bonus and I hate “selling dentistry”. Healthcare shouldn’t need to be sold. Worst part is employees have worse dental coverage than most people’s insurance plans.

8. COVID-19

"Blessed"

5.0
    Operations Manager in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services

Pros

I feel very blessed to work for such a great company and owner doctor. During a crisis of the current pandemic they’re taking care of employees to make sure they’re paid while not able to work . My respect for this company has heightened and I feel truly blessed to work for such great leaders.

Cons

No cons. It is what you make of it.

Pacific Dental Services Response

April 17, 2020People Services

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. The health and safety of our team members and talent community remain our number one priority. We are thankful to have you as part of our organization and appreciate all the hard work that you do.

"Overall disappointing- misled, overworked and under appreciated"

2.0
    Former Employee - Benefits Coordinator

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Pay- hourly which means potential for overtime. Monthly bonuses are really nice too haha 2. Coworkers- loved my other BCs. We got along great and worked well together. We always had each other’s back. The lead DA was awesome. She got stuff done. One doctor was very caring, understanding and helpful. 3. Clients/patients- Some were so wonderful. They’d bring us treats and would just make our day with how grateful they were. It’s also a wonderful feeling to feel like you are helping people out.

Cons

1. Hours- worked waaaaayyyyy too much. Easily a 50 hour work week. After my first week of working I cried because of how long I worked and felt so overwhelmed. I literally thought “what have I gotten myself into”. I was emotionally and mentally drained every day. 2. Coworkers- DAs were awesome at times but they were all very young so maturity was lacking at time. They would bicker and be lazy. Created a lot of tension in the office a lot of times. 3. Providers(Doctors and hygienists)- one doctor was awesome but the other....holy terror. VERY money hungry and VERY micromanaging. I would go into detail with examples and all but I would seriously be here all day writing. The specialty doctors were fine. They didn’t bother us up front. The hygienists were awesome. No complaints. 4. Management (office managers and regional managers)- lol good luck. We had multiple managers (hint hint). One left every and came in late everyday- leaving us high and dry. Others lead by intimidation and lying. RMs just care about the numbers. That’s all they look at. They don’t actually care how the office is ethically going. Had coworkers who had immediately family emergencies and the OM would tell them they couldn’t take off. 5. Workload- WAAAAAAYYYY TOOOOOO MUCH. I wore like 5 hats. Our doctors would even tell us we were overworked. I have friends in the dental world and they were appalled when I told them what all I had to do in a day. We were constantly told by management that we weren’t doing enough but were threatened over our overtime. After almost a year of trying to explain to them what was going on the office the RM ‘got it’. They claimed they never knew which is absolutely obsurd because we were constantly telling them we were overwhelmed and asking for help. 6. Clientele- depends on your office location. We had every type of person you can think of. Our sister offices in town would say we had all the crazy patients. I got cursed out like you wouldn’t believe by some patients even though it had nothing to do with me but I got the brunt of it all. One patient yelled at me so hard in a closed room (over something a doctor and previous BC didn’t explain to them) that my ears were ringing and every person in the office heard every single word she said. I just sat there and let her yell it out. I always dealt with the difficult patients because I could handle it and calm them down. Yay me lol

10. "Work at pDD"

I worked at Pacific Dental Services part-time

Pros

Good owner doctor makes all the difference

Cons

Bad owner doc makes it not a good place to work

Viewing 1 - 10 of 57 English Reviews