Pacific Dental Services "give back" Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 12, 2019

3.4
Pacific Dental Services President Stephen Thorne
Stephen Thorne

"Great Place to Grow to your Potential"

Owner Dentist in Denver, CO

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked for Pacific Dental Services for over 5 years, first as an associate dentist and now as an owner doctor. Pacific Dental Services is a great partner helping me build a successful, technologically advanced practice with excellent business support. As a company they are constantly evolving and improving to make sure our practices are successful and our employees have opportunity to grow and thrive. Pacific goes beyond business support, they also constantly invest in helping dentists continue to learn and develop their skills. The company also has a great charitable component, we are encouraged to give back to our community and other causes through We Serve projects, it is wonderful to have a partner in our drive to help people in multiple ways.

Cons

I do not have any cons, not because there are not challenges but because when challenges arise I am supported by the company and my regional partner and management to make changes and improvements to address the challenges.

Pacific Dental Services2015-10-02

October 28, 2015Human Resources Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are thrilled to hear such positive feedback highlighting all of the primary elements of the Private Practice+ Model. It is great to hear that your partnership with PDS® has not only supported you in your professional growth, but has also helped you build a successful, technologically advanced practice. Thank you for your review!

Continue reading
  2. "Great growing company!"

Insurance Claims Auditor in Orange, CA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services for less than a year

Pros

Work life balance, giving back to the community, transparency, access to high level executives, Great benefits, and a warm team member community.

Cons

Some of the departments don't seem to have as much potential for advancement.

Pacific Dental Services2015-09-16

September 25, 2015Human Resources Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are thrilled to read all of your positive comments about work life balance, transparency and access to high level executives. We recognize each department is structured differently; therefore, potential for advancement varies dependent upon availability, individual performance, and time. That being said, we will be sure to pass your feedback along to our leadership team. Thank you!

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Great Company!"

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have currently been employed by PDS for approx. three years. This is a phenomenal company to work for! I came to Pacific Dental Services with prior management experience in another industry. I was fresh out of dental assisting school as I long-term had interest in being a dentist or hygienist. I felt this was the perfect way to get my foot in the door. Turns out that front office was a much better fit. I have moved from within from dental assistant, to benefits coordinator, to my current position of assistant manager. The company promoting within is such an awesome advantage for not only the employee but helps with having full knowledge of how the operation runs. I have received valuable training and been able to utilize previous experience to grow within the company. PDS gives opportunity to those willing to work for it! PDS has an awesome model for patients and employees alike. They utilize the benefits of cooperation without sacrificing the quality you hear with large dental chains such as patient care, employee turnover, and money vs. ethics. I love that the company gives back! Once a year many offices take time to give back to people less fortunate within the community! One of my passions is charitable work. PDS also sponsors trips out of the country to reach people that would otherwise never receive quality dental care or dental care at all. To work for a company that cares this much about giving back is a something I'm overjoyed to be apart of!

Cons

Statistics are pushed heavily. At times it seems like the statistic is more important than the objection. Training that would allow standards to be universally set would be ideal.

Pacific Dental Services2015-01-29

March 6, 2015Human Resources Representative

Thank you for your review. Your positivity, eagerness to learn, and career progression within the company are absolutely outstanding. We agree that ‘utilizing the benefits of cooperation without sacrificing the quality’ is the key to this organization’s success. We are always happy to hear about the effectiveness of our training initiatives and growth within the company. Your work is greatly valued and PDS is committed to providing continued success to its supported offices. Thank you again!

Continue reading
  5. "Specialty Regional Manager"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Progressive and innovative organization dedicated to the ideals of optimal service for patients, rewarding careers for employees and a commitment to give back to our communities and global partners. The most amazing Group of Owners, Associates, Specialists, Managers and Team Members I have worked with in 25 years of health care!

Cons

We ask the difficult questions and insist on improving value at every opportunity. Everyone matters and every voice has an outlet to express ideas and be an integral part of the experience to be their BEST. It's rare that individuals are able to participate and share in a vision that at it's core understands we only do well if everyone does well. Very generous - yes, one works hard and long hours, but the rewards on many levels are worth it!

Pacific Dental Services2014-07-23
  6. "Great people, excellent management, world-class denistry, and great opportunities from growth and development."

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Our company has many strengths not available in almost any other industry: we are genuinly committed to patients and our local communities (we give back and we are appreciative of our patients), we offer salaries, benefits and pay that are extremely competitive in an ecomony that lacks jobs and job security, and we have a leadership within the company that is highly energetic and visionary, which certainly adds to the value and trust within the company.

Cons

We work hard and we make the most of our days in educating our patients and employees and providing world-class customer service. This requires a certain level of energy and self-motivation. People who are not committed to their work and to the company might find the work too challenging.

Pacific Dental Services2014-07-21
  7. "Great company for growth opportunities."

Current Employee - Payment Solutions Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This company is incredibly dedicated to serving, both in our daily business process and in giving back in our communities.

Cons

Communication is difficult at times between office locations which are widely spread geographically.

Pacific Dental Services2014-07-19

"Save yourself and go somewhere that won't make you compromise your morals."

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The company is making lots of money so they're growing rapidly. From a technology standpoint it's much better than working in a private practice, but I'd be willing to give back some of that technology if the practice treated it's patients and employees more like a private office. There are some great people that work there, but they aren't in positions of power and can't affect much change. The headquarters in Irvine is new and fancy, like a cheaper Google-like knock off.

Cons

The benefits used to be a real highlight, but in recent years they've brought in very high deductables and the quality of the network of docs available has gotten much smaller. Managers have financial goals that drive everything they do, at the expense of the patients the company swears they hold in the highest regard. There are a few managers that are good, but most are terrible at managing people and end up chasing good employees out. The manager role is not easy either. There is basically no work/life balance. Office managers come in early and stay late. Those not willing to commit like this don't last long. There are several managers that should have been let go years ago, but because of their buddy buddy relationships with the higher-ups they're allowed to stay and continue to demolish their offices/departments. Because of the rapid growth, many doctors they promote to owner don't have the patients' best interests in mind.

Pacific Dental Services2014-07-04

"The BEST Company to work for!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great opportunity for growth, Great company culture, A company based on teamwork, A company that gives back every chance it gets, and The people of Pacific Dental Services are AMAZING! I have never been a part of a company that give so much growth opportunity to its employees, that truly functions as a team, and that has such amazing people who work there! Pacific Dental Services does so much for Charity! They give back to the people of Ethiopia as well as the people in their own backyards who need the help with all of the Charity that they do. I would recommend this company to all looking for growth, great company culture, fun work environment, teamwork and collaboration, and the opportunity to give back while working.

Cons

I do not feel like there are cons to working for Pacifc Dental Services.

Pacific Dental Services2013-11-18
  10. "Awesome, growing company - truly cares about employees and patients!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Highly effective business model for dentists, patients and employees Growing very fast - tons of development opportunities High energy, highly motivated, driven managers and team members Smart decision making derived from data Culture of caring - patient and patient experience always comes first, heavily involved in charity and giving back both locally and globally I left a large, industry leading organization to join PDS earlier this year and could not be happier. So exciting to work for a growing company headquartered in CA!

Cons

PDS has grown very quickly over the past few years and there are some corporate systems/departments that have not quite kept pace for a company at current size but I'm encouraged there are plans in place to address these. Some components of benefits and time off package not as competitive as other companies of similar size.

Pacific Dental Services2013-08-26