Found 1,915 of over 2K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Pacific Gas and Electric
3 months ago
Chief Executive Officer
First off, I am not a CEO, no matter what I change, my employment title does not update on this app. That said, I have an interview Wednesday for a Principal Financial Management Analyst role within the Program/Project Governance area with PG&E. I have had many Program Management interviews with PG&E but no offer so far, and have been unemployed for a VERY long time. If anyone has any PG&E info that can assist with my interview process and increase my chance of an offer, I would appreciate it!
5 months ago
Business Development Representative
Hi! I am in the Bay Area and looking to switch from sales to marketing/communications since that’s what my degree is in. I have experience in the energy industry and I just applied to a job at PG&E, is anyone able to help me with a referral? THANK YOU PG&E
7 months ago
I was offered a contract job at PG&E. There are some red flags (apart from my dream job) and I wanted to make sure that I was not being scammed before I give my information to the contract agency. I tried LinkedIn but I need to be a premium member to message anyone from the company. I tried calling but most phone numbers go to the services lines. Can anyone help me? PG&E
Got a burning question about Pacific Gas and Electric? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Pacific Gas and Electric employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great benefits and pretty secure so if you are comfortable staying in one place it works out especially if security is a priority" (in 337 reviews)
- "this job has Good pay and benefits especially for the areas that we get to work in." (in 190 reviews)
- "The people you work with are great and one of the reasons why I stayed as long as I did." (in 163 reviews)
- "work life balance is good" (in 118 reviews)
- "401k AND pension?" (in 54 reviews)
- "Poor management and HR policies." (in 110 reviews)
- "averse culture and business model of a regulated utility." (in 52 reviews)
- "Senior leadership removed from and seems to be very disinterested in employee welfare and employee engagement." (in 50 reviews)
- "Also, upper management was also composed primarily of outsiders and this was often an issue at PG&E." (in 40 reviews)
- "Most managers want to push you down instead of raise you up." (in 40 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Pacific Gas and Electric and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEWJun 18, 2023Sourcing SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsOakland, CA
Great hours, good paying job, work from home for many positions, good management, inclusive, diverse, great benefits, union, job growth opportunities.
No complaints for me what so ever.1
- 4.0Nov 29, 2023Energy Policy AnalystFormer Employee, more than 1 yearOakland, CA
They've invested alot in employee comfort and care. The compensation and benefits truly are competitive, for most. Depending on your role, in office days are flexible.
Top heavy company, low mobility. Alot of negative news coverage and coworker deaths. I found myself avoiding telling people where I worked to avoid a visceral reaction. I wouldn't say this is a great early to mid career choice. I recieved perfect reviews in my 2+ years with the company and people with less experience than me, who I often trained, were given raises or promotions associated with life events, like getting married or having a kid and I never received any growth opportunities. I wouldn't say the managing practices are completely fair.1
- 1.0Dec 3, 2023Utility WorkerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSacramento, CA
Paid holidays and paid vacation and that's about it
Very discriminatory towards people over the age of 40. Medical benefit and retirement is very subpar for the industry. Most co-workers seem to hate their job and hate to the people they work with. To be honest, never seen a more miserable group of people. Often been send away from home from months at a time with no warning1
- 4.0Nov 29, 2023Field Engineering TechnicianCurrent Employee
Fantastic benefits, with plenty of vacation and other types of time off.
Hectic. It seems like all the different departments don’t really like each other. It doesn’t feel unified. Everyone is very quick to point a finger. Also, depending on your department, there is no room for growth.
- 4.0Oct 16, 2023Gas Control TechnicianCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsSacramento Valley
The pay is pretty good. It’s nice knowing I’ll have a pension too. But once we stop talking pay the pros stop too.
If you’re a competent feild employee who takes ownership of the assets you maintain and oversee this company will run you into the ground. “Work life balance!” and the idea of “retaliation doesn’t exist.” Those are laughable. You have two options work you life away or be in a constant battle. You and your union rep on one side and management on the other.2
- 1.0Oct 17, 2023Energy and gas portfolio analystFormer Employee, more than 1 yearOakland, CA
Salary, benefits, time off, hybrid work schedule
Politically driven directors and managers, play their own games, happy to mess with employee advancement if they do not like them. Sad2
- 5.0Nov 6, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
A great company culture that is welcoming and open to new ideas.
Burdened with years of poor decisions and under-investment in their infrastructure.
- 3.0Nov 8, 2023Security OperatorCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearVacaville, CA
Easy to learn and easy information
No room for growth, poor management, minimum benefits and poor contracting team.1
Pacific Gas and Electric Reviews FAQs
Pacific Gas and Electric has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 2,306 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at Pacific Gas and Electric to a friend and 69% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.
78% of Pacific Gas and Electric employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Pacific Gas and Electric 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.