Pacific Materials Handling Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 15, 2016

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

"DO NOT EVEN CKNSIDER THIS COMPANY"

Pros

There are no positive things about this company

Cons

Greedy owner unsafe practices terrible place to work for I should've listened to the reviews on this site I would've never worked for this company the only reason it even has one star is because I can't put none the owner doesn't care about employees just numbers they can't keep enough work for one person they will cut your hours if they don't like you and make you suffer because they don't want to give you unemployment they don't even have water for their employees your lucky enough to to get toilet paper in the bathrooms this place is garbage and I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy I hated it from day one but they do hire anybody so if you have felonies apply here you'll probably get a job

Advice to Management

Get a brain and quit your job so you can actually work for a company that cares about you

"Like Prison"

Former Employee - Service in Hayward, CA
    Former Employee - Service in Hayward, CA

I worked at Pacific Materials Handling Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The fridge keeps your food cold and there is free coffee that's it. Building is cold and there are vending machines.

Cons

"Corporate" greed. The owner does not care about anyone but himself and his money. Working after hours with no pay just to keep people happy is what you must do to get by at this company. The pay is horrible for the amount of work you must accomplish. Benefits horrible. No perks except the cold refrigerator.

Advice to Management

Treat all employees with respect and pay better.

"Corporate greed at it's worst"

Former Employee - Mechanic in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Mechanic in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Pacific Materials Handling Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Absolutely the most impossible system ever. Revolving door looks like a helicopter propeller.

Cons

Management stopping at nothing to get things done, no rules, no regulations, sweat shop.

Advice to Management

Obey the rules, it's the law, safety first, the owner who is a fancy bay area entrepreneur type is only concerned with money, his money that is... I've worked with some good people who were only there to make a decent living in a decent work environment but simply could not get through the system and it's impossible loop holes.

"PLEASE READ!"

Former Employee - Sales in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Sacramento, CA

Pros

Some very nice people work there. Flexable. That's it.

Cons

If you are thinking about taking a job here or have just started? Please read. I wish I had listened. It's a fine place if your looking for a place holder job. A job to draw a check and have a job while you look for better. It is the most disfunctional place I have ever worked at. The owner while a very cheap and greedy guy seems like he wants to do the right thing, he seems clueless about the massive systemic issues in his company. This place could be so much more and make more money. It's amazing as is that is such a profitable business. But the vast majority of that profit is not shared with the employees with better pay or healthcare. The insurance is garbage high deductible plans only. The pay is horrible for a professional sales job. They have as high a turn over as a fast food job. I saw a dozen people go in like 5 months. A mix of fired and quit. Please do yourself a favor... Keep looking the moment you start this job. So you will find a better one.

Advice to Management

Pay better, and please for the love of God actually train people! Get better health plans as well. And hold people in admin accountable for their screw ups and stop just blaming sales people.

"Caution!"

Pros

Pretty flexible company they have benefits, 6 different locations all Northern California service departments in all locations. Been in business since 1993

Cons

Very unorganized company, they have a horrible name in the industry, massive customer complaints, compensation package is worst in the industry, very expensive compared to other companies. No training.

Advice to Management

Sell the company

"They're horrible"

I worked at Pacific Materials Handling Solutions full-time

Pros

They have multiple locations, which hypothetically could provide some transferring opportunities?

Cons

They talk a good game, but they really are not that competent, nor are they concerned with employee feedback to improve the company. They provide little to no employee support, and they illegally withhold payment from employees and contractors.
    Don't leave the office without getting paid for your work, or once you are out the door you will have to sue them to make them give you what they owe you.

Advice to Management

Change the entire structure of the company, and fire most of the people in management.

"Unethical"

Former Employee - Customer Support Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Support Representative

I worked at Pacific Materials Handling Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is no pros to this position besides that it is a job.

Cons

In Violation of the law
    Require you to perform questionable activities
    Do not comply with state regulations.
    No support or training
    They still owe me money on my commissions.
    The people that work there are slaved by the bigot owner.
    The company will be out of business soon with all its unethical practices...

Advice to Management

Appreciate your workers.

"Air on the side of caution"

Current Employee - Maintenance in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Maintenance in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Pacific Materials Handling Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a job, that's all I can say in this economy.

Cons

After speaking with other employees.

1) Most have not received a raise in 5 to 10 years, despite the fact the company is growing and hired many new employees.

2) The company may require you to perform questionable activities or operate outside of the rules and or regulations.

3) Unfair or false evaluations with regard to performance.

4) They require that fall outside the regulations set forth by Government agencies. You will be fired if you fail to perform and (or) bring to their attention that such activities are out side the law or even illegal.

5) Self ensured; both for workers compensation and Medical plan (as describe by employees, not good).

6) Very unorganized.

7) The management will join as a team against you even when you are in the right.

Advice to Management

1) Appreciate when team member brings thing to your attention conditions that could be at the least embarrassing and at the most a violation of the law.

2) The idea of your motto "Your Attitude, not your Aptitude,
    determines your Altitude!" sends the wrong message and promotes unfair labor practices and in fact is discriminatory in nature. I would change the company attitude and embrace attitude as well as aptitude. Monitor all employees performance, there are people working there that can't remember remember what they are to from one moment to the next.