Pacific Medical Centers Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Linda Marzano

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Business Office Specialist"

Current Employee - Business Office Specialist in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Business Office Specialist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Pacific Medical Centers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits! Management is supportive. Opportunity to grow within company.

Cons

No raises based on yearly performance.

2. "Dissatisfied with a so-called great company!"

Former Employee - Patient Appointment Specialist in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Patient Appointment Specialist in Seattle, WA

I worked at Pacific Medical Centers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The doctors are great and truly treat their patients with the utmost respect, patience and consideration. The benefits and salary is pretty good and multiple locations is great as well with the extended hours And the 7 days open.

Cons

Management and HR are a joke down in the non-clinical building. If HR is Besties with a supervisor you can kiss your job good bye. They aren't for you nor do they care/ value their employees. You could have a heartache tomorrow and they will tell you "see you at work the following day". Management there only care about their stats and how good it will make them look then an actual well being of the employee. If you're looking for advancement, good luck depending on how well you are like you'll stay there like the one lady whose been there for 10+ years.

Just stay away from this so called wonderful, well cared for value of our employees place! It's not worth it. Now I understand why the supervisor and two other employees left 2-3 months after me!

Also don't trust the union reps, they them selfs have told me that a company isn't suppose to care about there employees. As in "ask how they are doing, if they have been going through hardships. I have never worked for a company who didn't care about me not only as an employee but as a person. Nice to know Pac Med could care less what's going on in your life if it's effecting your work. As well as saying the doctors the doctors who work at Pacific medical center hand sick notes out like candy and don't truly care if they need the time off or not.

Advice to Management

Value your employees who make management look good. Actually listen to what they have to say and out your so-called friendship away and be the necessary title you need to be. Also take a class on how to be sincere, so you know how to be there for an employee.

3. "Passionate health care"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Pacific Medical Centers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Passion to take care of patients. Strong leadership that has a vision for the future.

Cons

Small to medium size. Not as well known in the community as it should be.

"No motivation"

I worked at Pacific Medical Centers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefit package and my original manager was great.

Cons

It was really had to work next to someone that is rude, abrasive,lazy, and barely productive. There was no motivation because evaluations have nothing to do with pay increases or promotions.

Advice to Management

Please let low performers go and do not let them linger because the MD likes them. MDs should not be consulted when disciplinary action is taken towards medical assistant, nurses, or front office staff. Supervisors and managers should be allowed to carry out their duties without fear of reprisal from MDs.

MDs that misbehave should be let go also. It's really hard to tell if you have high performers when the bar is set so low to begin with.

"My experience with PacMed was very good, everyone was very friendly and helpful."

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Seattle, WA

I worked at Pacific Medical Centers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The environment was good to work in and benefits were good. I would recommend and willing to work for this company again.

Cons

The cons of the company if any which I believe I had a very good experience with the company is the fact that we went to uniforms. Time-off was given when needed. I really have no cons about this company at this time.

Advice to Management

Management was great just a couple of them I had run into was not as friendly as I believe a Manager should be. Overall a great team of Management.

6. "Poor leadership = poor long-range success"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Pacific Medical Centers full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the people are really great.

Cons

Leadership is inconsistent, disingenuous, and destructive.

Advice to Management

Change leadership - all of the exec team. Take a closer look at the financials and you'll understand just how much impropriety is occurring. Asking providers, middle management, and support staff to take pay reductions while the exec team has record increases in both pay and bonus is quite simply put - ridiculously self-serving. The fact that they can't last another 2 years in business on their own due to poor leadership and management says enough about the organization's exec team.

7. "Scared of Unknown"

I worked at Pacific Medical Centers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not the best place to work nor the worst. If you like stability and routine, PacMed will be the place for you. Serving our nation's veterans.

Cons

Their are too many unqualified supervisors and managers. They lack the training and education to hold such leadership positions. Granted, it's great to have an opportunity to go up the ladder from a medical assistant, but you better have the tools to lead. Unfortunately, there are too many bad apples and it stunts quality improvement and employee development. In the end, people just become lifers because management doesn't know how to solve the problems at hand.

Another problem, PacMed doesn't like to layoff people. Yes, it's great that we want to keep people employed but at what cost? If people don't want to go back for their associates, bachelor, or learn new skills, why keep them? We talk about how competitive the market it, so we need to have the best to be the best.

Not enough Epic support. We call, place a ticket, and wait forever for our issues to be resolved. Optimization is never going to happen. Probably need to hire several experienced analysts. The current ones are probably just surviving with the call volume and tickets.

Advice to Management

Need to higher higher caliber candidates for management. This may include hiring external people. Communicate to your staff. Lots of people are leaving but leadership hasn't said anything. The worst thing is to stay silent then to speak the truth. Pay a competitive wage to the local market. We talk about we have high turn over rates, why don't we just pay a $1 or 2/hour more to the MAs than letting them walk next door to our competitors?

Lean management! Stop the bleeding and let's get our hands dirty. We need to clean up house with clinical workflows, standardization, and charges.

8. "Mixed bag"

I worked at Pacific Medical Centers full-time

Pros

The organization has great potential. Some areas function better and are nicer to work in.

Cons

The specific area I worked in didn't have a good leader in place. They should have been functioning as a working supervisor but, weren't. Their technical skills were less than expected for that role.

Advice to Management

Listen to the team members when they report to you that there are problems on the team with the supervisor. Take action as they are helpless against poor leadership.

9. "Positive Corporate Mission, Disorganized and Bureaucratic"

Current Employee - Accounting Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Accounting Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Pacific Medical Centers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Charity care is the focus of the company, coworkers are nice and diversity is accepted and encouraged. The executives are approachable and down to earth.

Cons

The company is bureaucratic, disorganized and leadership has no plan. The doctors are at odds with management. The company is not growing and opportunities are limited. Talented managers and staff are leaving

Advice to Management

Time for new leadership.

10. "satisfied"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

growth and supportive in education

Cons

current lay off in other departments