Pacific Natural Foods Reviews in Tualatin, OR | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Class A Cdl driver"

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Tualatin, OR
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Tualatin, OR

I have been working at Pacific Natural Foods full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Everything's awesome at pacific foods

Cons

There is Nothing bad at pacific foods

Advice to Management

Give Michael more money

2. "They care about the quality of the product, while still maintaining the quantity for orders."

Current Employee - Senior Operator in Tualatin, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Operator in Tualatin, OR

I have been working at Pacific Natural Foods full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is good for some areas, but other areas need a little bit of a raise to keep people in those hard to fill areas.

Cons

Communication between employees and management needs to improve. The dedicated employees are the ones who know the machines in and out they can help with issues that arise.

Advice to Management

Find the employees who are dedicated and work hard to making good products and promote them.

3. "Great family-oriented company"

Former Contractor - Recruitment Specialist in Tualatin, OR
    Former Contractor - Recruitment Specialist in Tualatin, OR

I worked at Pacific Natural Foods as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Even though I was a contractor, I found that the company and team made every effort to make me feel like family and a permanant employee. They extend many of their "other" benefits such as food donations and discounts, time off, and training programs to their temp and contract workers. I also felt like, even though this was a large leap forward in my career, that they were very patient with my learning process and allowed for opportunities for growth in the role, and trusted my contributions to the company and projects assigned to me. I hope to return some day.

Cons

The shift scheduling can be cumbersome, especially if you are on any of the administrative teams and don't interact with the production staff on a regular basis due to the altering shifts.

Advice to Management

Be as transparent and up front to your staff as possible.

4. "Quality Assurance"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Technician in Tualatin, OR
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Technician in Tualatin, OR

I worked at Pacific Natural Foods (Less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers were all very friendly, often times had potlucks.

Cons

Stressful, one mistake could be costly.

Advice to Management

Have better training. QA supervisors need to do the training, I was handed off to QA techs to train me and they didn't care enough to make sure I knew things correctly.

5. "Quality Assurance Technician"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Technician in Tualatin, OR
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Technician in Tualatin, OR

I have been working at Pacific Natural Foods full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good culture. They do a wonderful job with community involvement (within the company and out of it). The people that work there are friendly. Good pay rates.

Cons

This position is physically demanding due to working 12 hour shifts. Comprehensive training is lacking, especially on the graveyard shifts.

6. "material handler"

Current Employee - Material Movement in Tualatin, OR
    Current Employee - Material Movement in Tualatin, OR

I have been working at Pacific Natural Foods full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay,12 hour shifts,4 on 3 off one week then 3 on 4 off. 4 hrs of vacation every two weeks.

Cons

Not really a downside I would say the dental plan sucks only pays for preventive 90 percent and 50 for all other.

Advice to Management

Company is great. The only thing i would change is get ventilation hood fans for powdwr room in bldg 17 other than that would say I really enjoy working there. Thanks for the job.

7. "I enjoyed working for PFO , I really wished they had a more mature tl leadership, and a more proficient plant manager.."

Former Employee - Mix & Blend in Tualatin, OR
    Former Employee - Mix & Blend in Tualatin, OR

Pros

PFO is a good place to work for, good product, overall very competitive on the market of their product.

Cons

PFO need a plant manager that focus and dedicate time on the production floor.

Advice to Management

My advise ,,, to motivate their employee to build trust on their employee and to end casino night, have a barbecue on site instead..

"The cons out weigh the pros."

Former Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Tualatin, OR
    Former Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Tualatin, OR

I worked at Pacific Natural Foods full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay raises at review and decent wage. However, compared to the cost of living in Tualatin you don' have much left over. The long shifts you work give 3 to 4 days off a week. They don't mind if you're a slow worker.

Cons

Poorly maintaned equipment. Lack of care to fix safety problems. Those that work hardest don't get ahead while the laziest get ahead with more pay or promotions. Lot of people related to eachother or friends with management get more pay and or better shifts. Favortism in management. Unreasonable work expectations with what you're given to work with. Cold climate in buildings in the winter. Severe hot temps. in the summer along with having to wear coveralls over your clothes with poor air ventalation. Not flexiable about what shift you work or changing it.

Advice to Management

Changes need to be made.

"Fantastic"

Current Employee - Process Technician in Tualatin, OR
    Current Employee - Process Technician in Tualatin, OR

I have been working at Pacific Natural Foods full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits package, employee store where you can buy the delicious product and other items at a large discount and you dont need cash comes right out of your pay also they participate in good behavior program where they reward you for living a healthy lifestyle with gift cards and muvh much more!

Cons

There are only a couple locations so i commute from Vancouver but thats the onlt von!

10. "Great Natural Foods company with strong core values in sustainability, non-GMO and free-range food sources."

Current Employee - QA Technician in Tualatin, OR
    Current Employee - QA Technician in Tualatin, OR

I have been working at Pacific Natural Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Practice what they preach in sustainablf food production with quality ingredients. Great employee discounts on company brand foods, decent pay and diverse schedules.

Cons

long hours, many positions are in a warehouse environment and not all employees believe in company values.

Advice to Management

Hourly pay should be reflective of each employees education, even within the same position. Employees with more education should receive higher pay than their counterparts that lack the equivalent accomplishment.