Pacific Office Automation Reviews

3.4
Pacific Office Automation President Doug Pitassi
Doug Pitassi
Pros
Cons
  • "long hours, restrictive vacation day options(in 28 reviews)

• "unlike most companies POA wants you to do EVERYTHING from lead generation to marketing to customer service and paper work(in 17 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Unmatched exposure, freedom, and training"

Current Employee - Account Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Pacific Office Automation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great understanding of employee needs, especially for employees early on in their career. Training is constant and on-going, making it easy to understand how to improve yourself daily. Very strong team mentality, anybody you ask for help will go above and beyond. Within the first 3 months of being hired full-time, you will be flown out to sales training at the headquarters office in Portland. The commission structure is better than any I've seen. Once you know what you're doing, you have full control over your performance, the sky is the limit. Control over daily tasks and responsibilities, as long as you're hitting your budget. M-F work week, weekends off Premium health insurance (covers everything) 401K Match Positive, up beat company culture. Many type-a, motivated and driven personalities

Cons

If you're not good at sales, you will not enjoy sales. This job will make it easy for you to understand this. Don't get me wrong, it may take a year or so to truly get a grasp on your ability to sell, especially in office technology where there are many categories to learn about. If you don't enjoy the daily grind, long hours, and are not okay with facing rejection from prospects, don't waste your time!

January 13, 2020Corporate Recruiter

Thank you so much for the nice review and the kind words! We're thrilled that you've been enjoying your time here at Pacific Office Automation!

2. "GREAT PLACE TO LEARN AND GROW A SKILL SET"

Current Employee - Account Sales Representative in Portland, OR

I have been working at Pacific Office Automation full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Wonderful management, very insightful hiring process and a very competitive environment. -POA has a very thorough training program that will push you and allow you to truly grow and strengthen your weaknesses - High income potential; more than the majority of jobs out there for people with little to no sales experience. (Be prepared to put in the hours though! Nothing comes free!)

Cons

To some people, the hours and the duties of this role might be a con but to me it's exactly what I was expecting. As a sales representative for POA you will be responsible for managing existing accounts within your territory as well as developing relationships with potential new customers. Prospecting for new customers might seem intimidating at first but POA does a great job of training their new hires and showing them how to go about the process.

3. COVID-19

"Popularity contest"

2.0
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Pacific Office Automation full-time

Pros

Fast paced and a lot of work pre-covid.

Cons

The hours are long and often working late at night. Month end is always crazy. The sales people overpromise to customers and sell equipment that does not meet what the customers needs are. Then the equipment breaks down and we get the mad customer. But the sales people sell what is in the warehouse and what they make the most money on and they dont care about how the equipment is to be used. Its a popularity contest at POA and if you are in with the right people, you get the best teritories. If you are not in with the right people you get bad teritories. Im not naming names but there is a lot of drinking and partying there with sales, after work though. Admin puts people to the front of the line that they like, if they dont like you its going to be a problem. The warehouse is crooked where I saw an unamed manager taking money from a trucking company and laughing about it later how they are helping him buy a new house. They skimp on our equipment and dont pay us well and then pay the sales people a fortune. No wonder people take payoffs cause they are not making any money here.

Continue reading

"70 Hours a week, good for experience, everything else is bad..."

2.0
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Pacific Office Automation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great for grads who want job experience and sales experience.They will hire anyone with or without experience, just need a college degree, $50K a year. You will learn A LOT in a short period of time. At least once a month, they take you out for free drinks at a bar. Some pretty chill co-workers. You get health insurance after 3 months and 401k later on.

Cons

You're basically working 2 jobs at the same time. for that $50K you're gonna work 70 hours a week no overtime cause you're on salary. unlike most companies POA wants you to do EVERYTHING from lead generation to marketing to customer service and paper work... it's BRUTAL to do all of these combined, and that's why their customer service suck because most reps can't keep up. They use a CRM from the 90's ... and for the most part POA is stuck in the past. They want to you to knock on doors and smooth talk with customers like they're really gonna fall for it. very high turnover-lots of people quitting in the 1st three months. Backstabbing co-workers, and toxic atmosphere between admin staff, service staff, sales reps, and managers. Sink or swim with no support when you begin, you're basically left in the dark. They keep telling you gotta go through all this for years and then you can make 100k....???

July 2, 2020

Thank you for this valuable feedback! We're sorry you didn't enjoy your time with us here at POA, but your honest review helps us grow and evolve. Thanks again.

5. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Pacific Office Automation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Rewarding hard work with high pay.

Cons

Lots of late hours if you're dedicated.

June 22, 2020

Thank you so much for the kind words. We're happy that you're enjoying your time with Pacific Office so far!

6. "Great place to learn and grow"

Current Employee - Service Supervisor in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Pacific Office Automation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Dynamic leadership, your ideas are heard, you learn from a successful company that teaches you values in business and life, great opportunities

Cons

right now to be honest is the work commute of hour and half back forth from where I live

June 2, 2020

We appreciate the wonderful sentiment.

7. "If you work hard and long hours you'll make a lot of money"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Pacific Office Automation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Uncapped commission and easy to talk to anyone in the company

Cons

Long hours and no hiding your numbers from others

June 2, 2020

Thanks for the honest words! We appreciate the feedback.

8. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Pacific Office Automation full-time

Pros

There will always new things to learn

Cons

You will spend alot of time there

May 4, 2020

Thank you for having kind words! We appreciate it.

9. "A fair place to work"

Current Employee - Field Technician in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Pacific Office Automation full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company rewards you for the effort put in. I always hear people saying this isnt true, but they seem to be the ones that dont actually give 100% of their effort. They also provide great benefits for their employees, and always promote from within the company first.

Cons

Communication can be rough here depending on who you are working with. Sometimes everyone is on the ball and there are no issues, but others you will find yourself with only part of the information needed for a situation.

10. "Great company but be ready to grind"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Seattle, WA

I worked at Pacific Office Automation full-time for more than a year

Pros

- People - Earning potential - Experience - Company reputation - Extracurricular - Great health insurance - 401k matching program

Cons

- Long hours - Gotta drink the kool aid - Low earning potential in the beginning

March 10, 2020Corporate Recruiter

Thanks for the nice review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your opinion with us.

Found 197 reviews