KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 251 of over 256 reviews

3.4
Pacific Office Automation President Doug Pitassi
Doug Pitassi
Pros
  • "Working in sales at POA is very challenging and the demands on performance continue to push everyone to their max(in 31 reviews)

• "work hard play(in 19 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours, inconsistent training, no room for career advancement(in 30 reviews)

• "If you are not motivated by success, you should not apply for any position at POA(in 17 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Great opportunity

Feb 9, 2021 - Senior Account Executive in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Will make you the best sales person you can be. Endless opportunities and pay.

Cons

You better be ready to work but work always pays off with this job.

Pacific Office Automation Response

We appreciate your kind words. Thank you so much!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

A True Entrepreneur Minded Company!

Jun 16, 2021 - Field Sales Manager in Boise, ID
      Business Outlook

Pros

You are in business for yourself within a business! Nobody dictates your earning income except you! POA provides the weapons with multiple MFGs, multiple software platforms, production equipment, phone systems, mailing machines, security cameras, fleet services, IT, etc. POA provides the training tools to make a young person successful. The President is highly involved for helping all reps WIN.

Cons

POA's rap is that it is a grind 7:30a.m to 7pm everyday. Let's face it, if you want to be successful in any field, you need to throw yourself in and be fully committed if you want to be successful not only here at POA, but in anything you do in life.

Pacific Office Automation Response

Thanks for leaving this 5-star rating! We appreciate the dedication to your craft!

3. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

POA, a company I started out loving and have grown to resent.

May 28, 2021 - Field Service Technician in Beaverton, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Good Benifits (Health Insurance, Dental, 401k and Company Car dependant on position). -Advanced support from equipment manufacturers. -Most of your co-workers are great to interact with.

Cons

-Pay is below industry average. -Promises of advancement with no actual follow through. -Promises of regular reviews and pay raises with no follow through. -High turnover rate. -Sales comes first since they make the money, and service is left cleaning up the mess for minimum wage or just a small amount above it. -When people leave (High Turnover) they put the extra responsibility on those who are still there with no compensation whatsoever. -False promises after being put in bad situations by management. e.g. "We will make it right, I promise!" -Internal communication is a disaster despite it being a "pillar" of the company.

Pacific Office Automation Response

Thank you so much for leaving this helpful review. While we don't agree with everything presented here, we are listening and will hopefully land on something that you feel is an improvement.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Don’t believe the nonsense

Jun 3, 2021 - Operations in Hillsboro, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

None, hence why I’m a former employee.

Cons

70% backing of the CEO is a complete lie. They’ve padded their reviews with fake positive ones to try to make themselves feel better. The CEO only likes you if you are male and work in sales. He’s always drunk or yelling. Management is clueless and careless. There are people still working there that shouldn’t have passed grade school, let alone the amazing people who got smart and left. You don’t get paid for your own job and are expected to pick up other people’s slack for no benefit to yourself. They are always under staffed as they can’t keep any good employees and the jokes they do keep never answer their phones. Good luck getting in touch with anyone in contracts. Most of the sales people are rude jocks who treat you like some dumb piece of junk they boned and forgot what your name was. One building, but no one knows anyone, nor where anyone sits. Workload is a joke, customers are always angry, management fails, absolutely do not recommend. I learned nothing there, except that I didn’t want to be there another moment.

Pacific Office Automation Response

We're sorry you were unable to find anything positive during your years with us. We'll be looking at all your negative talking points and seeing if there are better ways for us to manage our team members. We know every workplace isn't the right fit for each employee, so we wish you well in whatever you find next. Thanks!

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good for beginning experience

Jun 16, 2021 - Fleet Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Kind management, room for creativity, can be very profitable if dedicating 10+ hours a day.

Cons

Poor management decisions regarding HR, long hours, very little training in the beginning and lots of cold calling.

Pacific Office Automation Response

Thank you for leaving this helpful review!

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Classic, Hard Sales

Apr 27, 2021 - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get what you put in. The harder you work, the more rewards you reap. This job will teach and train you on how to become the hunter and the shark salesman/saleswoman you hear about growing up. The training is phenomenal and the team fit is very important to make sure you are in the trenches with people you can trust.

Cons

Long hours, and not for the faint of heart. You’re expected to put in 50-60 hours a week, if it’s worth it to you. Get used to being shut down and hearing no from prospects and suspects. Find your way around the objection. Sales is a sick game lol.

Pacific Office Automation Response

Thank you for leaving this thoughtful review, and the helpful feedback regarding training.

7. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

I'm alive

Jun 13, 2021 - Field Service Engineer in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

the people I work with, even the idiots, are good to work with. Provide company vehicle for work, and gas

Cons

Everything else is just one tragic screwing after another. I am done

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Solid Company and Job --- Just really unorganized

Jun 9, 2021 - Administrative Assistant in Beaverton, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Paid decent for being just out of college Coworkers were friendly

Cons

probably the most mind-numbing job I have ever had The office was fairly unorganized Wasn't a lot of direction or instruction. I would finish tasks early and would ask for any additional tasks/what to do next and no one would give me work to do.

Pacific Office Automation Response

Thank you for your time and dedication while you worked for POA! While we're sorry to see you go due to frustration, we've considered your cons.

9. 4.0

Good Place to work

May 20, 2021 - IT Project Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work-life balance here, a good place to learn and diversify your skills, supper cool colleagues

Cons

Communications between differnet teams should be improved

Pacific Office Automation Response

Thanks for leaving your review. We appreciate the feedback, especially about communication. Thanks again!

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

May 7, 2021 - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fellow co-workers and management are amazing and always keep the staff engaged and ready to work hard

Cons

Work-life balance is a little stressful

Pacific Office Automation Response

Thank you for your kind review and 5-star rating! We're always trying to evolve our work/life balance for the team, so your feedback is helpful!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 251 Reviews