KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Pacific Office Automation

Engaged Employer

Pacific Office Automation

Add a Review

Pacific Office Automation Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Nov 3, 2021

Found 54 of over 414 reviews

4.1
Pacific Office Automation President Doug Pitassi
Doug Pitassi

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Pacific Office Automation and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

It's hard sales

Feb 20, 2015 - Branch Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company is committed to training and developing reps. Compensation programs have not changed. If you sell more year over year you make more. Healthcare cost have not changed. Growth opportunities for those who desire it.

Cons

It's hard sales! If it was easy everyone would do it. Long hours and an extended learning curve. Accountability is a tough pill. If you want the big reward you will need to put in the big effort.

2. 4.0

Account Manager perspective

May 5, 2015 - Account Manager in Albuquerque, NM
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company will teach you life skills that are priceless. It has high earning potential and amazing benefits. I will be the first to say that this company has molded me into the man I am today, and for that I am forever grateful. The sky is the limit in this organization, but you have to have a strong will to win.

Cons

The hours are long and the initial work life balance can be difficult to deal with.

3. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Nov 20, 2014 - Field Sales Manager in Pleasanton, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Thay take care of their employees and actually care if they suceed in this job and in life. The benefits are great, the pay is great, and the employees are great. The time that is spent on training with individuals as well as an entire company is as good as it gets.

Cons

It can be long hours but you get out of it what you put into it. Other than that there is not much to complain about.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good Place to Work

Sep 28, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment, can make lots and lots of money

Cons

Long hours and be prepared to stay late

Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your review about your time at POA thus far. We strive to create stimulating work environments in which our employees can thrive. We’re glad to hear that you recognize and appreciate that!

5. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

If you work hard and long hours you'll make a lot of money

May 22, 2020 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Uncapped commission and easy to talk to anyone in the company

Cons

Long hours and no hiding your numbers from others

Pacific Office Automation Response

Thanks for the honest words! We appreciate the feedback.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Good people, hard work, good pay

Sep 24, 2014 - Sales Representative in Beaverton, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Compensation is very good for sales positions. Training is consistent and persistent. Good place to learn and get started. Culture is relaxed; focus on party life. Benefits are outstanding. Hiring process is thorough.

Cons

Sometimes long hours are expected for salaried people. Makes it difficult to maintain a work-life balance. If you are well organized you can make it work for you.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great start to a career!

Dec 2, 2015 - Account Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

How hard you work determines your income so you have the potential to make as much money as you want. They don't micro manage so you have freedom. You get a ton of excellent training. Culture of winning.

Cons

Long hours so you have to be willing to sacrifice a lot of time which is hard when it comes to a work/life balance.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 5.0

Get What You Put In

Oct 30, 2014 - Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

One of the best things about working at Pacific Office Automation is always having the opportunity to make more money. We put in long hours and work harder than other companies in the industry which allows us to grow year after year. The hard work truly does payoff and it is nice to see a bigger check than the last one as you get better and better. Other than the money, the culture at POA is a great one to be a part of. From top to bottom, employees at POA are on the same page on how to be successful and help is always available if you are struggling. Multiple sales trips and basic sales training is very beneficial and it allows you to become close with salespeople throughout the company. With so many resources, as long as you put in the work, it is tough not to have a successful career at Pacific Office Automation.

Cons

This job requires a 2-3 year commitment. If you don't plan on staying long, this job is not for you. You will work long hours and be expected to commit a lot of time, but if you buy in, the payoff is huge.

9. 4.0

POA Review

Apr 13, 2021 - Systems Administrator in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Overall good work environment. Sales teams are competitive. All staff are friendly and good at what they do. My role as a sysadmin is well defined. Nice breakroom.

Cons

Long hours and a few weekends are expected

Pacific Office Automation Response

We appreciate this glowing review! Thank you so much for the kind words and we're thrilled that you're enjoying your time with POA!

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

First Sales Job

Oct 30, 2017 - Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

No experience needed. Company is very focused on training and shaping their sales people. Very hard sales job, probably best way to get into sales and get the needed experience to develop.

Cons

Long hours and lots of door knocking

Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your review. We take pride in our robust training opportunities, as we feel it’s important for all employees to continually develop skills in their field. We hope the experience you gained here will be helpful in future positions. All the best.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 54 Reviews