KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Pacific Office Automation

Engaged Employer

Pacific Office Automation

Add a Review

Pacific Office Automation Employee Reviews about "poa"

Updated Oct 4, 2021

Found 41 of over 414 reviews

4.1
Pacific Office Automation President Doug Pitassi
Doug Pitassi

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Pacific Office Automation and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "poa"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Great internship overall. Learned a lot and gained valuable experience. Great management.

Sep 5, 2018 - Intern - Hourly in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

The atmosphere at POA is great. The environment of the office was very professional,competitive and exciting. Communication between employees and management was efficient and the weekly training sessions were extremely helpful. Brandon Vallier and Todd Weisenburger were excellent managers who were constantly encouraging and challenging their teams.

Cons

Long hours and hot weather to be making sales calls in.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Amazing Company With The Best Culture

Jul 5, 2018 - Field Sales Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

POA's culture & daily work environment are all the motivation I need to get out of bed every day. Everyone works towards a common goal & has the good of the team in mind on every decision. The customer is always the priority & POA stops at nothing to honor their commitments to the customer and provide the best possible experience for them. The opportunity to make money is fantastic as well; the harder you work, the more growth within POA you will have. The 401K program is outstanding & POA pays for it's employees health insurance as well. The company continues to diversify and grow within it's markets & adds offerings that make sense to clients (currently offer office equipment/services, IT services/hardware, phone systems/service, mailing equipment/services, document management/cost recovery software, & managed print services).

Cons

There are no Cons to a career at Pacific Office Automation!

Corporate Recruiter

We appreciate your thoughtful feedback on your experience working with us. We’re pleased to hear that you recognize our efforts to provide the best experience for customers and for employees. We are proud of our success, and we couldn’t have achieved it without our hard-working teams. Keep up the good work.

3. 5.0

GREAT PLACE TO LEARN AND GROW A SKILL SET

Jul 9, 2020 - Account Sales Representative in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Wonderful management, very insightful hiring process and a very competitive environment. -POA has a very thorough training program that will push you and allow you to truly grow and strengthen your weaknesses - High income potential; more than the majority of jobs out there for people with little to no sales experience. (Be prepared to put in the hours though! Nothing comes free!)

Cons

To some people, the hours and the duties of this role might be a con but to me it's exactly what I was expecting. As a sales representative for POA you will be responsible for managing existing accounts within your territory as well as developing relationships with potential new customers. Prospecting for new customers might seem intimidating at first but POA does a great job of training their new hires and showing them how to go about the process.

Pacific Office Automation Response

Thank you so much for the kind words! We're thrilled that you're enjoying your time with us here at POA.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Excellent Opportunities, Great Leadership

Feb 1, 2022 - Account Manager in Beaverton, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is unlimited opportunity to be successful at POA. The income potential is unlimited. The care and compassion leadership has for their new employees is a very unique aspect of the company culture. If you are willing to work hard, and seek financial freedom, POA is a great place to launch your career.

Cons

Not an easy industry to succeed in if rejection discourages you.

Pacific Office Automation Response

Thank you so much for the kind words. We truly, truly appreciate that you've been a shining example of a career at POA.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee

Intense, overbearing environment, lucrative for salespeople, brute force everything

Sep 11, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

In sales, there is significant financial upside if you are willing to put the time and effort in. There is one prescribed method for sales success, work harder, which is good experience when you are young and need to learn how to grind. Fun work hard, play harder mentality. Great trips. Good comraderie. Surrounded by very talented sales people.

Cons

Prepare to be told what to think. All decisions are made by the President and everything at POA is all about him. Independent or creative thinking is strongly discouraged. Not a nurturing environment, very two dimensional and repetitive, this becomes suffocating. Old school, brute force mentality about everything. Huge chasm between sales and support. Exceptionally high-turnover for a reason.

5 people found this review helpful

Corporate Recruiter

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback. We appreciate hearing multiple points of view so that we can improve our day-to-day operations and create a fun place to work for everyone. While we disagree that our culture is two dimensional, we understand how employees could feel that way and encourage them to express their opinions openly both online and in meetings with their supervisors. Thanks again for your comments and feedback.

6. 5.0

Account Manager

Mar 3, 2018 - Account Manager in Beaverton, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

POA has a very strong and supportive culture. The training you receive from everyone from the President on down is so helpful and inspiring. Everyone wants you to succeed, and that mentality fosters an environment where teamwork is valued. I took this job a few years out of college, and POA empowers you to be your own boss, there is no problem that you can't solve. I wanted to challenge myself and grow and this opportunity has helped me in so many different aspects of my life from learning how to sell, giving me an opportunity to earn more money than I ever thought possible, and by being a provider for my family. I have never seen an environment where the CEO is willing to teach, train, and coach brand new employees, and genuinely cares about there goals both personally and professionally. This is a growth based company, they want you to succeed and help grow the customer base and the brand. They give you the keys and let you be the driver, where you end up depends on how much work you put in, how invested you are, and how involved you are with your team. There are sales incentive trips that you are able to go in if you qualify. Those are a lot of fun and let me see parts of the country I have never seen before. The compensation is incredible, the health care coverage is amazing, and the 401k match is unbeatable.

Cons

You get out what you put in, to this career. There is a lot of work to do and the more time you put in, in the beginning the more you will get out of this. If you are not willing to invest in your career, this might not be the best fit for you.

8 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Growth, Culture, Training and Great People!

Mar 22, 2018 - Account Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with Pacific Office Automation for more than a year and a half now, and have been impressed at how much I have grown in such a short time. POA is an awesome place to work with an awesome culture and people. POA has some of the best training that you will find in a sales environment with Managers who are willing to take the time to really train you. The skills that you learn from working at POA will not only help build your business but also help you in your every day personal life.

Cons

Pacific Office Automation is a place that you are going to have to put your time in learning to become successful. It isn't something that happens over night. POA gives you the tools to become successful, its your choice what you do with them. Be prepared to learn and work.

2 people found this review helpful

Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your review! We’re proud of the robust training opportunities available to all employees to help them grow professionally and personally. It’s great to hear you feel you’ve experienced immense growth in just a short time on our team! We can’t wait to watch and help you develop a rewarding career path.

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

A Grind

Sep 23, 2019 - Sales Representative in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

POA has amazing opportunity for development as a young sales rep getting their feet wet. The company is structured around teams and coaching up youth. Weekly sales meetings to improve skills.

Cons

It is an absolute grind. Lots of knocking on doors and handing out cards. Rainy months can make this miserable. Expected to be at the office by 7am and not leave until after 6:30pm. Mileage is hardly reimbursed. Dying industry that no one really respects honestly. Again, a great opportunity to get your feet wet but it's definitely a stepping stone to a more legit company in a more promising industry.

Corporate Recruiter

Thanks so much for your feedback! We’re happy to hear that you developed skills at POA and are growing your career. We’re humbled by your words and have taken your review to heart as we continually try to improve and grow our business.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Progressive Company, Development and Growth Opportunity, Fun Work Culture

Mar 17, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with POA for about 7 months now, and the business continues to impress me each day. POA provides a great transition between the college lifestyle and professional work force, and gives motivated and talented people real opportunities to make something of themselves. If you work hard, you will get noticed. However, this is a competitive industry and company so you have to come in motivated and hungry for success. POA is growing really fast, so if you come in ready to work hard towards establishing a solid career, you can accomplish great things. The culture and POA is great! I have fun every day at work and genuinely like and connect with the people I work with. This company really understands the benefits of developing strong work culture. The benefits and 401k match are amazing, and almost unheard of in the present job market. The company truly cares about their employees.

Cons

If you aren't 100% fully committed to establishing, or continuing, your career then POA can be a challenging place to work due to high expectations out of their employees. If you are ready to sacrifice and commit to building a career early in life for it to pay off later in life, then POA will be the right choice.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Sales Manager

Jan 19, 2018 - Sales Manager in Pleasanton, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pacific Office Automation has strong organizational values and cares deeply about its people. The Company's success is directly correlated to the success of its employees. This is an environment where individuals are continually given a lot of responsibility and are extremely valuable to creating a strong Team environment. Individual successes are critical to the Team succeeding long term. The Company provides an opportunity for multiple career paths and typically only promotes from within. The benefits of working at POA are rare in todays corporate world. 100% 401k matching, performance bonuses, career advancements, full healthcare, incentive trips for all departments to achieve. People are not viewed as just another employee. We connect and build trust as the foundation to be able to come together and challenge one another. For sales positions, this environment is very entrepreneurial. We manage, train, and motivate employees to reach their personal goals, professional goals, and develop skill sets that will empower employees for their entire lives.

Cons

Some people view the hours as a downside. If you're an entrepreneur running your own business, most work until the work is done, there is no standard clock in/clock out.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 41 Reviews