Pacific Placement Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Jane Groner

1. "Administrative Assistant"

Former Contractor - Administrative Assistant in Oakland, CA
    Former Contractor - Administrative Assistant in Oakland, CA

I worked at Pacific Placement Group as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible to schedule and salary requirements.

Cons

As a temporary position there is no employer paid health insurance or paid holidays.

Advice to Management

Perhaps, have the occasional paid holiday or some kind of benefits for temp ad contract employees.

2. "Best Placement Agency EVER!"

Current Contractor - Administrative Assistant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Contractor - Administrative Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Pacific Placement Group as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I am a Contractor with Pacific Placement Group. They took the necessary time to really evaluate my situation and find out what would work for me. They were able to place me very quickly at a great place that works perfectly for my situation. They helped me with my resume, and sent training links to help me brush up my skills in PowerPoint! They did a great job with negotiating a good hourly rate for me! I have worked with other temp agencies and Pacific Placement really went the extra mile for me. I couldn't be happier with my experience.

Cons

I don't have anything remotely negative to say here. I have really enjoyed working with Pacific Placement.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! I am very happy with my assignment and I just adore Sharon she has been great to work with!

"Unprofessional and offensive"

Former Contractor - Contractor in San Francisco, CA
    Former Contractor - Contractor in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Pacific Placement Group as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Comes highly recommended, very professional environment (at first), "seems" busy

Cons

Maybe too busy, no follow up at all/no system, Jane (who was nicer than I thought she would be) will size you up and give you a list of what you need to do and then never call back (I figured she was like a professional version of the Millionaire Matchmaker but I think she may just like being harsh to people after reading google reviews... Unlike in the show, I have received no results, which is the entire reason I made the appointment! Not the learning experience I expected being new to the city 2 months ago. I have extensive experience in my industry and have found dozens of employers who are making offers for me, don't let this place discourage you.

Advice to Management

Although you have many awards it does not give you the right to size people up, make promises and just completely ignore your follow up. That is just bad business, and a simple email would be all most people ask, especially if you are the recruiter and they are looking for work... Even if they are not what you are looking for a referral could be the difference of tens of thousands of dollars.

Why ask someone to come in for an interview after previously viewing their resume, and waste their time? You know their qualifications, and then from what I have read, bring them in and size them up, then decide to suggest Craigslist or something along those lines? It doesn't make sense and is seemingly wasting your time as well and ultimately unprofessional.

4. "Overall, my experience is a positive one."

Current Employee - Account Manager/Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager/Consultant in San Francisco, CA

Pros

I enjoy working with the variety of personalities in the office. It is also thrilling that the building and the CEO allows employees to bring in their pets, so long as they are well-behaved.

Cons

As in all agencies, technology/hardware could be improved, as well as the CRM. Nonetheless, it is noteworthy that most employees look forward to coming in every morning.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest well in the employees, who will not hesitate to go the extra mile as a direct result.

"Great experience/ Intro to SF"

Pros

I have really enjoyed working for Pacific Placement. I recently relocated from Los Angeles, and thanks to Sharon and Jane I was able to smoothly transition into a position that I love! I received help with my resume as well as professional advice and was sent on great interviews within weeks. Everyone that I have met at Pacific Placement goes above and beyond to help from the from Administrative, Accounting, especially the recruiters. Jane knows the right questions to ask to quickly understand your situation, needs, and preferences. She has great connections, tons of experience, and always seeks to leave all parties satisfied with the outcome. Overall, great to work with.

Cons

Not really a con- but can be challenging for some. For best outcome be ready to fill out applications, complete skills assessments and show your best professional image when you come in!

6. "Recruiter"

I worked at Pacific Placement Group full-time

Pros

Very entrepreneurial environment. Great candidates and team. Long term company.

Cons

Low draw against commission, so difficult to build your business if you do not have enough capital under you to support your first year.

Not progressive in terms of technology. Better recruiting firms out there in terms of compensation, benefits. CEO competes with her recruiters, so your candidates can be moved into her placements fast. Tough environment but I learned a lot.

Advice to Management

Higher draw to get you started.