Pacific Premier Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Pacific Premier Chairman & CEO Steve Gardner
Steve Gardner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great Interview and Hiring Process"

Current Employee - Portfolio Manager
    Current Employee - Portfolio Manager

I have been working at Pacific Premier full-time

Pros

From what I can tell, this Bank does a great job of not only attracting, but also retaining talented, hard-working employees. The hiring process moved very quickly and smoothly and I can see a fair number of employees who have advanced through the ranks and stayed with the company for a long time. To me, that means that management has allowed those individuals to fulfill their potential and treat them well so that they want to work for the company.

Cons

At times, the workload has felt overwhelming, but my team and the management are very supportive to help each other succeed and I personally prefer a fast-paced environment.

Advice to Management

Keep continuing to value your employees by welcoming their feedback and providing frequent lunches and weekly breakfasts. Continue to nurture the positive teamwork environment that has been created as it will allow the individuals and the company to flourish.

2. "Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Pacific Premier full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working at Pacific Premier for about a year and can say it's a great company. Yes there is lots to do, but management appreciates you for your contributions and always recognizes the hard work. Senior Management is open to feedback and welcomes input

Cons

Fast paced but to be expected with a growing company

Advice to Management

Continue the open communication

"Terrible place to work or bank."

I worked at Pacific Premier full-time

Pros

The stock price is rising.

Cons

Senior management is highly unprofessional and inexperienced, does not understand the basics of lending or selling, uses bully tactics, blames lower level management for their omissions and inexperience, only hires or promotes their friends for management positions even if they do not possess basic qualifications, disrespectful to employees, especially females. Encourages gossip and backstabbing, and gives no merit increases regardless of performance.

Advice to Management

There is more to running a bank than setting it up for sale.

"Pacific Premier...a growing bank that allows staff to grow, too!"

I have been working at Pacific Premier full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This bank is always expanding, and as long as I've been here (five years), it has allowed its staff to grow with it. Management has the ability to see the potential in good, hard working people and challenges them with opportunities to learn and manage. Executives and senior management are smart, honest, down to earth, and reflect good management skills. This is a great place to work.

Cons

The company expects you to work hard and at times workloads can be overwhelming. These times come in waves and personally I feel accomplished when I get through one!

"Pass on this one"

I worked at Pacific Premier full-time

Pros

Very liberal spending and expense policy.

Cons

Extreme lack of direction from management. Be prepared to spend a lot of time trying to navigate the waters on your own. Help is limited and the direction that is offered is unclear. Training of any type is non-existent. When being hired be prepared to have a very pretty picture painted for you only to find a polar opposite once you arrive. There has been a fair number of defections in recent times and for good reason. Management offers lip service, but rarely follows through -- very arrogant. Be careful after you leave --- better to leave them off of your resume. Too much time here can lead to career suicide -- pass and move on to the next opportunity.

Advice to Management

Offer training and direction, everything doesn't have to be a mystery. Coming to a new employer is culture shock -- lend a hand. Offer clear feedback along the way, no surprises. Provide the necessary tools to succeed. Listen to your employees, don't provide lip service. Be honest, be kind.

6. "Convenient and Consistent"

I worked at Pacific Premier full-time

Pros

Not much changes on a day to day. Great for networking with the clientele and staff.

Cons

No room for growth. Have to wait for position to open or move put ofthe area if a position so happens to become available.

7. "PPB"

Pros

Managers are nice and systems arent too difficult to understand.

Cons

Pay. Unless you are bringing in $1M accounts on a regular basis. No annual bonus.

8. "New Employee"

I have been working at Pacific Premier full-time

Pros

I just started at PPB, so it is hard to give an honest overall rating yet. But so far the experience has been very good. I can say that the hiring and recruiting process was wonderful. They were engaging and respectful throughout the process. The salary and benefits offer was very fair.

Cons

I'm so new that I don't have any to share at the moment.

"Very Happy w/ Employment at PPB"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Irvine, CA

Pros

Very friendly workplace. Management supports employees in every way they can. I do not get micromanaged, but excellence is expected. Great place to work for self-starters.

Cons

I'd really have to try to find a con to working here. Honestly, so far, everything has been great. It can get a little too quiet in the corporate office sometimes, but I suppose that would be the case with many corporate offices.

Advice to Management

Continue supporting employees and they will continue supporting you.

"Admin."

Pros

Pacific Premier Bank is an amazing company to work for. They have proven to their employees that if you work hard and do well, you will be rewarded. There is lots of room to grow in the company; I had been promoted within 7 months of working for the bank. Not only does each department reflect efficiency and teamwork, but the company as a whole has been very successful. This can be seen through the multiple acquisitions of other banks over the last few years.

Cons

This is a high volume, fast-paced company to work for. If you love staying busy and thrive in this type of environment, than this is the company is for you. If you want something slower paced, please reconsider employment with PPB.