Pacific Pulmonary Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 13, 2017

2.0
Josh Parnes

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Forward thinking corporate and management team, cares about great patient care and employee engagement (in 7 reviews)

• There are/were some really great people in the field and at the Corporate Office (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • I spoke with upper management on many occasions about concerns of potential layoffs at my facility (in 7 reviews)

• micro manage and ver high turnover (in 6 reviews)

1. "Waste of time and energy."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative III in Bakersfield, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative III in Bakersfield, CA

I worked at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Really only that you have a job, or that there's vending machines haha. Really, that place is that big of a joke.

Cons

The work load is unrealistic and the pay is very low. Management is purely business driven employees aren't cared for here. Terrible management, employees aren't cared for at all. Best decision I even made was to leave. Not to mention all the shady business going on there.

Advice to Management

Learn management skills, such as leadership skills vs being a "boss".

2. "Manager"

I worked at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time

Pros

Staff were great to work with

Cons

Not enough support from corp

Advice to Management

Patients need to be priority

"Gutted"

Former Employee - Compliance in Novato, CA
    Former Employee - Compliance in Novato, CA

I worked at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are/were some really great people in the field and at the Corporate Office. Well, there were on 4/28 when I was laid off. I'm sure it's just a skeleton crew now.

Cons

Lack of respect for tenured employees, lack of vision for the company as a whole. After 10 years of service I was let go without even a handshake. I had been told multiple times by C-level employees that I was a critical part of the company, and that the work I had done was integral to the company's success. New owners saw me as a line item on a budget and reduced my department by 2/3 with the stroke of a pen.

Advice to Management

Honor your employees and your obligations to Medicare and ACHC, or you will find that you bought something without much value.

"reports, customer services, billing paperwork"

Former Employee - Account Service Representative in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Account Service Representative in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The job itself was a great. My job was to find out what was needed to get paid for accounts that were not billing or about to stop billing while making sure the patient had everything they needed.

We talked to patients, doctor offices, insurance companies, other in-company locations and 3rd party companies all over the country. I built relationships with all parties to retrieve what was needed to make goal. The job itself and the patients were awesome and I really did enjoy it which is why i was there for almost 7 years.

Cons

The company lacked leadership, communication and universal training. There is a difference in supervising and being a real leader. Most of those who were managers didn't have the leadership qualities and the very few that did were treated like garbage and forced to pick up the slack from others. It wasn't just in my location but company wide. Telling people to work faster and do a better job, but yet have never done my position. How can you tell someone how to do the job if you have never done it before?
    Some of the managers, sales reps and center reps did some really unethical things that altered numbers in their favor.
    Communication and organization was a joke. With today technology there should have been no excuse for how sloppy information was passed around. Training, (not speaking about official trainers) but rather training was crap and if you were under a bad supervisor then good luck. Because of the negligence of fake leaders, it resulted in massive lay offs and the parent company selling Pacific Pulmonary to an investment group Quadrant who fired most of the employees.
    We had no notice, they showed up and said today is your last day, all benefits end today, you get one paycheck as a "severance" regardless of how many years you have been with the company and get out. The way the entered in the "severance" caused issues with our unemployment and some people, over a month and a half later still have yet to get their unemployment checks.

Advice to Management

Be an actual leader, talk and understand the job of the lowest level employee. A real leader actually listens and works with people side by side. CEO should be in the mail room helping out once in a while or get on the phones themselves and talk to their customers. If there is a deadline or high queue then a manger, director, GM or supervisor should jump in an account or on the phone and help out. I know it can be done and understand a higher lever position is stressful but I have worked with real leaders and it can be done.

5. "Misleading"

Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator
    Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator

I worked at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good environment. Good team atmosphere.

Cons

Company going through a number of changes currently and after acquiring new management, a number of layoffs were performed nationwide.

Advice to Management

Listen to the difficulties the sales people have to go through so you can improve the way of doing business.

"Bad decisions made by the corporate office employees directly contributes to the downfall of the company."

Former Employee - DOM in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - DOM in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people is the only pro. But nice people doesn't mean great workers. You got GMs who do nothing, contracting are not working to get ins contracts in profitable areas & GMs hold pccs accountable for that. Recruiting takes 6 month average to fill positions, the center manager or dom is accountable for that. HR has their eyes wide shut, I don't even know why their wasting money their. I worked for a Fortune 500 company who got rid of HR staff years ago. They saved a ton of money by training managers and using an outside source. PPS isn't nowhere close to a fortune 100 co. There are way too many people working in corporate. Half of those positions should be cut. Other than that, Pccs are getting no guidance or support from their gm, area managers are basically csrs and no one is running the district. The end result is closing facilities and layoffs. The executives are calling this a "savings" and they think they're doing better when it's actually a huge loss. So other DMEs prosper off of PPS loss.

Cons

Teijin needs to fire the entire corporate office team and start fresh. Corporate and executives are doing nothing to better the company. All they do is talk and report false figures. The CEO and GMs only care about filling their own pockets; They make quick irrational decisions which end up not working so they revert back to the same processes they were trying so hard to get away from in the first place. Doing this causes so much wasted time and money it's ridiculous. The amount of constant rework from poor decisions is astronomical. Besides that, the contracting department is horrible, the revenue department is horrible, and all the unnecessary corporate guidelines in place is causing a bottleneck so congested that millions of dollars get written off or buried every single quarter. They have Teijin thinking eliminating Managers and centers and increasing sales goals will fix the problem. But if Teijin saw the backlog of services and equipment not being billed, astronomical amount of free tank deliveries they don't bill for, the amount of write-offs the company does as a whole, they would lose their minds.

Advice to Management

Maybe you should study your number one competitor and do exactly what they are doing.

7. "CSR"

I have been working at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time

Pros

Good Co-Workers, No Micro-Managing

Cons

Management is BAD and is not consistent with company process.

Advice to Management

Engage all workers to use the same method of processing orders efficiently and effectively. Use a Proper training method for new employees, current method is a disaster.

8. "Favoritism"

I have been working at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time

Pros

Good hours paid holidays weekends off

Cons

Poor professionalism by lead staff
    Management is good
    The lead staff are too chummy with people they supervise and there is way too much favoritism within that circle. High turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Set rules and guidelines for leaders. Omit the friendships per say. Show professionalism as a lead staff should there are too many best friend groups outside of the work place which leads to favoritism and entirely way too much gossip

9. "District Sales Manager"

Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Spokane, WA

I worked at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Gratifying business that allows you to help to improve the lives of patient's.

Cons

Poor training program's for all positions within the company from CSR, Tech's, Sales, and Sales and Operational Management.

Advice to Management

Create better training programs to give all employee's a better opportunity to succeed. This will lead to better productivity, job satisfaction, and employee retention.

"Laid Off"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people you work with are awesome. I really enjoyed my team.

Cons

I noticed different departments across the US being laid off. I spoke with upper management on many occasions about concerns of potential layoffs at my facility. Of course I was assured the restructuring of the company would not affect my position. Then I came in 1 morning and was met by HR from Bakersfield and the rest is history.