Pacific Pulmonary Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 15, 2016

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jane Thomas

Pros
  • Forward thinking corporate and management team, cares about great patient care and employee engagement (in 6 reviews)

• The corporate office appreciates and incorporates feedback from employees at every level of the company (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • I spoke with upper management on many occasions about concerns of potential layoffs at my facility (in 7 reviews)

• micro manage and ver high turnover (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great things are afoot"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Forward thinking corporate and management team, cares about great patient care and employee engagement. Lots of room to grow as there are many opportunities as things change and evolve. A great place to jump in with both feet and put your footprints on something that will make a difference!

Cons

A few new processes and systems that are being developed or fine tuned can make for a lot of changes at once - calls for resiliency and a great attitude! Nothing bad about that unless you don't embrace change.

Advice to Management

Continue the momentum!

2. "Great company to work for."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bakersfield, CA

Pros

On my last day of extern with Pacific Pulmonary Services I was offered a position, The recruiter made the hiring process quick and easy. Excellent HR, Management and coworkers who work together as a team to achieve the same goals Striving in integrity, High performance, excellent Patient Care and employee training. It is a fun and productive place to work where everyone treats each other like family.

Cons

This is a great company. There are no cons..

3. "Wonderful family to work with"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ridgecrest, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ridgecrest, CA

I have been working at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All of my co-workers and managers work together as a team to solve tough issues, and the Managers back their employees. There is a lot of positive reinforcement within the company which is a driving force to work hard and achieve our goals.

Cons

We seem to be shorthanded often due to job openings, which puts a lot of work on others. We seem to manage, but hiring takes a long time to fill any position.

"Great company if you're in it for the long haul"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Novato, CA

I have been working at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Rewards those who follow the rules
    One of the "Big 3" in home oxygen
    Accredited by ACHC
    High quality training
    National presence

Cons

Poor/inconsistent communication from Corporate to others
    Inconsistent organization of field management (org structure changes almost annually)

Advice to Management

Take time to breathe and continue being compliant. When the dust settles, you will be on top.

"Always evolving"

Current Employee - Licensing Coordinator in Novato, CA
    Current Employee - Licensing Coordinator in Novato, CA

I have been working at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company continues to grow and thrive, even in this tough regulatory market.
    Frequent communication from Senior Leadership Team helps to align efforts across the company

Cons

Reduced reimbursement from Medicare has led to many locations being overworked/understaffed (i.e. the "do more with less mindset")

Advice to Management

Be consistent and transparent with communication - it is the only way we can function in this tough regulatory market.

7. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Novato, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Novato, CA

Pros

The people are great to work with. My boss is fabulous. We have a great team; open communication is encouraged.

Cons

As with any company in today's market I think technology could improve.

Advice to Management

Great place to work!

8. "PPS is a great place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Novato, CA

Pros

Executives listen to feedback from the employees and act upon them as they can make a difference.

Cons

Lack of procedure in place but I see that as a good thing to make the job as yours

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees, it really does make a difference.

"Growing company with solid values serves basic healthcare needs. A job I can feel good about!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Novato, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Novato, CA

Pros

Coming from the mortgage industry, it is great working for a company in healthcare that provides basic services (respiratory care) that allow patients to remain healthy and at home. Rather than apologizing for my work, I can be proud of what the company does. Plus, PPS was purchased by a Japanese conglomerate who is funding our expansion...it is exciting to work in an environment of high growth, investment in training and technology, an aggressive recruiting policy for top-notch hires...pretty incredible given the 2009 economy. Because we are growing so fast the work pace can be intense and also is stimulating. Lots of chances to pitch in on projects of interest and to make a contribution...lots of opportunities for growth. The people here are great...fun, intelligent and innovative.

Cons

Some growing pains...keeping pace with the growth rate (lots of acquisitions plus organic growth) is a challenge and change is a constant. Not a good job for the 9 to fiver who thrives on routine. Another drawback is our dependence on Medicare reimbursement (a majority of respiratory care patients are elderly) and how cuts and policy changes can impact the bottom line from one year to the next.

Advice to Management

The rapid expansion of the company has let to an expansion of the management team with lots of new, potentially great, hires. I hope that they are given a free rein to make changes necessitated by our growth. I guess I'd advise the leaders to provide the space and resources for the expanded team of managers to grow with the company. Also communication within the company is essential, and should be a priority.

10. "Changing Culture"

Pros

The people you work with

Cons

Culture has traditionally been bad, but improving

"Turning the Corner"

I have been working at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Desire to Transform the organization taking center stage

Cons

Tough industry and business model

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward with the progressive ideas and continue to bring in top class management while cultivating those already with the firm