Pacific Pulmonary Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Josh Parnes

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Forward thinking corporate and management team, cares about great patient care and employee engagement (in 7 reviews)

• There are/were some really great people in the field and at the Corporate Office (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • I spoke with upper management on many occasions about concerns of potential layoffs at my facility (in 7 reviews)

• micro manage and ver high turnover (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great things are afoot"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Forward thinking corporate and management team, cares about great patient care and employee engagement. Lots of room to grow as there are many opportunities as things change and evolve. A great place to jump in with both feet and put your footprints on something that will make a difference!

Cons

A few new processes and systems that are being developed or fine tuned can make for a lot of changes at once - calls for resiliency and a great attitude! Nothing bad about that unless you don't embrace change.

Advice to Management

Continue the momentum!

"Growing company with solid values serves basic healthcare needs. A job I can feel good about!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Novato, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Novato, CA

Pros

Coming from the mortgage industry, it is great working for a company in healthcare that provides basic services (respiratory care) that allow patients to remain healthy and at home. Rather than apologizing for my work, I can be proud of what the company does. Plus, PPS was purchased by a Japanese conglomerate who is funding our expansion...it is exciting to work in an environment of high growth, investment in training and technology, an aggressive recruiting policy for top-notch hires...pretty incredible given the 2009 economy. Because we are growing so fast the work pace can be intense and also is stimulating. Lots of chances to pitch in on projects of interest and to make a contribution...lots of opportunities for growth. The people here are great...fun, intelligent and innovative.

Cons

Some growing pains...keeping pace with the growth rate (lots of acquisitions plus organic growth) is a challenge and change is a constant. Not a good job for the 9 to fiver who thrives on routine. Another drawback is our dependence on Medicare reimbursement (a majority of respiratory care patients are elderly) and how cuts and policy changes can impact the bottom line from one year to the next.

Advice to Management

The rapid expansion of the company has let to an expansion of the management team with lots of new, potentially great, hires. I hope that they are given a free rein to make changes necessitated by our growth. I guess I'd advise the leaders to provide the space and resources for the expanded team of managers to grow with the company. Also communication within the company is essential, and should be a priority.

3. "PPS is a great place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Novato, CA

Pros

Executives listen to feedback from the employees and act upon them as they can make a difference.

Cons

Lack of procedure in place but I see that as a good thing to make the job as yours

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees, it really does make a difference.

4. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Novato, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Novato, CA

Pros

The people are great to work with. My boss is fabulous. We have a great team; open communication is encouraged.

Cons

As with any company in today's market I think technology could improve.

Advice to Management

Great place to work!

"Always evolving"

Current Employee - Licensing Coordinator in Novato, CA
    Current Employee - Licensing Coordinator in Novato, CA

I have been working at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company continues to grow and thrive, even in this tough regulatory market.
    Frequent communication from Senior Leadership Team helps to align efforts across the company
    The corporate office appreciates and incorporates feedback from employees at every level of the company

Cons

Reduced reimbursement from Medicare has led to many locations being overworked/understaffed (i.e. the "do more with less mindset")

Advice to Management

Be consistent and transparent with communication - it is the only way we can function in this tough regulatory market.

"Great company if you're in it for the long haul"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Novato, CA

I have been working at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Rewards those who follow the rules
    One of the "Big 3" in home oxygen
    Accredited by ACHC
    High quality training
    National presence

Cons

Poor/inconsistent communication from Corporate to others
    Inconsistent organization of field management (org structure changes almost annually)

Advice to Management

Take time to breathe and continue being compliant. When the dust settles, you will be on top.

"District Operations Manager"

Former Employee - District Manager
    Former Employee - District Manager

I worked at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Senior Management, decent pay, paid holidays, bonuses, Good benefits, friendly co-workers. Training was always there to answer questions if you had one.

Cons

Need a better training program, understanding Medicare is a process that needs to be longer than a webex session. Revenue and R3 are not always on the same page with what is acceptable and what is not.

Advice to Management

Keep up the employee recognition that was started recently throughout the company. It means a lot to employees when it comes from people higher than their direct manager. A weekly newsletter to everyone explaining how centers or team members are being successful would work. Some people have best practices that should be shared to all.

8. "Lacks management"

Pros

Medical device, oxygen and nebulizers

Cons

Lacks growth opportunities and mgt

9. "magament manager"

Pros

great ceo great culture great times

Cons

bad times bad business model bad benefits

"Turning the Corner"

I have been working at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Desire to Transform the organization taking center stage

Cons

Tough industry and business model

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward with the progressive ideas and continue to bring in top class management while cultivating those already with the firm