Pacific Pulmonary Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Josh Parnes

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Forward thinking corporate and management team, cares about great patient care and employee engagement (in 7 reviews)

• There are/were some really great people in the field and at the Corporate Office (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • I spoke with upper management on many occasions about concerns of potential layoffs at my facility (in 7 reviews)

• micro manage and ver high turnover (in 6 reviews)

1. "Waste of time and energy."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative III in Bakersfield, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative III in Bakersfield, CA

I worked at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Really only that you have a job, or that there's vending machines haha. Really, that place is that big of a joke.

Cons

The work load is unrealistic and the pay is very low. Management is purely business driven employees aren't cared for here. Terrible management, employees aren't cared for at all. Best decision I even made was to leave. Not to mention all the shady business going on there.

Advice to Management

Learn management skills, such as leadership skills vs being a "boss".

"Great Company"

I have been working at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time

Pros

Excellent Company to work for.

Cons

None, I love it.

3. "Pharmacy Technician"

Pros

Great place to work before bought out by Quadrant. Loved my job and the people I worked with.

Cons

PPS is slowly shutting down. Do not trust Quadrant. They do not care about the company, employees or patients!

4. "Manager"

I worked at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time

Pros

Staff were great to work with

Cons

Not enough support from corp

Advice to Management

Patients need to be priority

5. "PPSC"

Current Employee - Warehouse Assistant in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Warehouse Assistant in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Job care about hard work

Cons

not a huge company dnt pay alot

6. "Okay"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Bakersfield, CA
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Bakersfield, CA

I worked at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

felt family oriented at least for me.

Cons

company was not honest with employees.

7. "Patients no long matter"

I have been working at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are absolutely no pros about working for this company

Cons

Patient care has gone out the window. Company no longer cares about helping sales retain referral sources, has left the field with skeleton staff with management who has absolutely no experience. New management requires field reps to adhere to unreasonable time management, micro manages, and is degrading to the employees-to the point where they feel like they need to work off the clock to provide patients with the assistance they need. There are continuous requests to compromise integrity when that is one of the company's "core" values. This company is a joke now.

Advice to Management

Remember that Pacific Pulmonary USED to be one of the best in the business providing patients with the best customer service and access to local reps. The new process does not help senior citizens who do not understand a centralized phone system where they have to sit on hold for 30 minutes or leave a message and never get called back.

"Gutted"

Former Employee - Compliance in Novato, CA
    Former Employee - Compliance in Novato, CA

I worked at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are/were some really great people in the field and at the Corporate Office. Well, there were on 4/28 when I was laid off. I'm sure it's just a skeleton crew now.

Cons

Lack of respect for tenured employees, lack of vision for the company as a whole. After 10 years of service I was let go without even a handshake. I had been told multiple times by C-level employees that I was a critical part of the company, and that the work I had done was integral to the company's success. New owners saw me as a line item on a budget and reduced my department by 2/3 with the stroke of a pen.

Advice to Management

Honor your employees and your obligations to Medicare and ACHC, or you will find that you bought something without much value.

"reports, customer services, billing paperwork"

Former Employee - Account Service Representative in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Account Service Representative in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The job itself was a great. My job was to find out what was needed to get paid for accounts that were not billing or about to stop billing while making sure the patient had everything they needed.

We talked to patients, doctor offices, insurance companies, other in-company locations and 3rd party companies all over the country. I built relationships with all parties to retrieve what was needed to make goal. The job itself and the patients were awesome and I really did enjoy it which is why i was there for almost 7 years.

Cons

The company lacked leadership, communication and universal training. There is a difference in supervising and being a real leader. Most of those who were managers didn't have the leadership qualities and the very few that did were treated like garbage and forced to pick up the slack from others. It wasn't just in my location but company wide. Telling people to work faster and do a better job, but yet have never done my position. How can you tell someone how to do the job if you have never done it before?
    Some of the managers, sales reps and center reps did some really unethical things that altered numbers in their favor.
    Communication and organization was a joke. With today technology there should have been no excuse for how sloppy information was passed around. Training, (not speaking about official trainers) but rather training was crap and if you were under a bad supervisor then good luck. Because of the negligence of fake leaders, it resulted in massive lay offs and the parent company selling Pacific Pulmonary to an investment group Quadrant who fired most of the employees.
    We had no notice, they showed up and said today is your last day, all benefits end today, you get one paycheck as a "severance" regardless of how many years you have been with the company and get out. The way the entered in the "severance" caused issues with our unemployment and some people, over a month and a half later still have yet to get their unemployment checks.

Advice to Management

Be an actual leader, talk and understand the job of the lowest level employee. A real leader actually listens and works with people side by side. CEO should be in the mail room helping out once in a while or get on the phones themselves and talk to their customers. If there is a deadline or high queue then a manger, director, GM or supervisor should jump in an account or on the phone and help out. I know it can be done and understand a higher lever position is stressful but I have worked with real leaders and it can be done.

10. "Misleading"

Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator
    Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator

I worked at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good environment. Good team atmosphere.

Cons

Company going through a number of changes currently and after acquiring new management, a number of layoffs were performed nationwide.

Advice to Management

Listen to the difficulties the sales people have to go through so you can improve the way of doing business.