Pacific Pulmonary Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Pacific Pulmonary Services Reviews

Updated November 6, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Forward thinking corporate and management team, cares about great patient care and employee engagement (in 7 reviews)

• There are/were some really great people in the field and at the Corporate Office (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • I spoke with upper management on many occasions about concerns of potential layoffs at my facility (in 7 reviews)

• micro manage and ver high turnover (in 6 reviews)

"Pharmacy Technician"

Pros

Great place to work before bought out by Quadrant. Loved my job and the people I worked with.

Cons

PPS is slowly shutting down. Do not trust Quadrant. They do not care about the company, employees or patients!

2. "Okay"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Bakersfield, CA
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Bakersfield, CA

I worked at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

felt family oriented at least for me.

Cons

company was not honest with employees.

"Gutted"

Former Employee - Compliance in Novato, CA
    Former Employee - Compliance in Novato, CA

I worked at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are/were some really great people in the field and at the Corporate Office. Well, there were on 4/28 when I was laid off. I'm sure it's just a skeleton crew now.

Cons

Lack of respect for tenured employees, lack of vision for the company as a whole. After 10 years of service I was let go without even a handshake. I had been told multiple times by C-level employees that I was a critical part of the company, and that the work I had done was integral to the company's success. New owners saw me as a line item on a budget and reduced my department by 2/3 with the stroke of a pen.

Advice to Management

Honor your employees and your obligations to Medicare and ACHC, or you will find that you bought something without much value.

"reports, customer services, billing paperwork"

Former Employee - Account Service Representative in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Account Service Representative in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The job itself was a great. My job was to find out what was needed to get paid for accounts that were not billing or about to stop billing while making sure the patient had everything they needed.

We talked to patients, doctor offices, insurance companies, other in-company locations and 3rd party companies all over the country. I built relationships with all parties to retrieve what was needed to make goal. The job itself and the patients were awesome and I really did enjoy it which is why i was there for almost 7 years.

Cons

The company lacked leadership, communication and universal training. There is a difference in supervising and being a real leader. Most of those who were managers didn't have the leadership qualities and the very few that did were treated like garbage and forced to pick up the slack from others. It wasn't just in my location but company wide. Telling people to work faster and do a better job, but yet have never done my position. How can you tell someone how to do the job if you have never done it before?
    Some of the managers, sales reps and center reps did some really unethical things that altered numbers in their favor.
    Communication and organization was a joke. With today technology there should have been no excuse for how sloppy information was passed around. Training, (not speaking about official trainers) but rather training was crap and if you were under a bad supervisor then good luck. Because of the negligence of fake leaders, it resulted in massive lay offs and the parent company selling Pacific Pulmonary to an investment group Quadrant who fired most of the employees.
    We had no notice, they showed up and said today is your last day, all benefits end today, you get one paycheck as a "severance" regardless of how many years you have been with the company and get out. The way the entered in the "severance" caused issues with our unemployment and some people, over a month and a half later still have yet to get their unemployment checks.

Advice to Management

Be an actual leader, talk and understand the job of the lowest level employee. A real leader actually listens and works with people side by side. CEO should be in the mail room helping out once in a while or get on the phones themselves and talk to their customers. If there is a deadline or high queue then a manger, director, GM or supervisor should jump in an account or on the phone and help out. I know it can be done and understand a higher lever position is stressful but I have worked with real leaders and it can be done.

5. "Patients no long matter"

I have been working at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are absolutely no pros about working for this company

Cons

Patient care has gone out the window. Company no longer cares about helping sales retain referral sources, has left the field with skeleton staff with management who has absolutely no experience. New management requires field reps to adhere to unreasonable time management, micro manages, and is degrading to the employees-to the point where they feel like they need to work off the clock to provide patients with the assistance they need. There are continuous requests to compromise integrity when that is one of the company's "core" values. This company is a joke now.

Advice to Management

Remember that Pacific Pulmonary USED to be one of the best in the business providing patients with the best customer service and access to local reps. The new process does not help senior citizens who do not understand a centralized phone system where they have to sit on hold for 30 minutes or leave a message and never get called back.

6. "A/R collections Represenative"

Current Employee - A/R Collections Re in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - A/R Collections Re in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of PPS Phrase is " put family first" they are very flexible with family emergency and working around our schedule when a day off is need. I am able to come to any Manager, Supervisor and lead in our outside of my department and are willing to help with any situations I might have.

Cons

Wages are below working skills and no cost of living raise is ever considered

Advice to Management

Review of competitors wages in area and same field of business

7. "Lack of communication"

Pros

Lack of communication within this company is what makes it hard to go to work everyday. Everyone makes up their own rules but don't give anyone a chance if they make the same mistake as the previous employee.

Cons

All cons only good thing is your co-workers that works with you. We work as a team but sometimes even that it not enough to get the job done. You have a lot of work and are expected to do the impossible.

Advice to Management

None because they wouldn't take it anyway.

8. "Misleading"

Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator

I worked at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good environment. Good team atmosphere.

Cons

Company going through a number of changes currently and after acquiring new management, a number of layoffs were performed nationwide.

Advice to Management

Listen to the difficulties the sales people have to go through so you can improve the way of doing business.

9. "Patient Care Coordinator Assistant"

Former Employee - Pcca in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Pcca in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great management.Continued education on new products. Continued opportunities with growth in the company. Fantastic environment with full support on a day to day basis.

Cons

Never had a downside while working with the company.

10. "Company Under New Management"

Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator

I worked at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can't think of any pros right now

Cons

under new management. New management took over and laid off over half of the entire company. They are changing directions and will no longer be patient focused. Their service model will suffer. Nothing will set them apart from the competition.
    New management doesn't value work ethic, only looks at numbers.