Pacific Sunwear Employee Reviews about "employee discount"
54% would recommend to a friend
(79 total reviews)
Gary H. Schoenfeld
65% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Hours aren’t that good and the hourly pay is low" (in 202 reviews)
- "The management was poor and not well" (in 161 reviews)
- "Sometimes take on managerial roles for a dollar raise and do the same work the Assitant managers do." (in 100 reviews)
- "Long hours and always busy in store" (in 87 reviews)
- "Upper management is horrible and unprofessional" (in 64 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Pacific Sunwear and is not affected by filters.
Found 79 of over 2K reviews
Updated Nov 29, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "employee discount"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Apr 4, 2016FT Assistant ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearScranton, PA
Employee discounts were great. Always met new people everyday. Awesome brands to work with. Very flexible scheduling at this job.
Its a mall job so you will be dealing with rude customers on a daily basis. Will have to work some holidays no way around it.
- 4.0Apr 13, 2014Assistant ManagerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearFederal Way, WA
The people were great to work with: the associates, store managers, and the regional managers. The pay was better than my previous job as a manager and the employee discounts were pretty fair. The company was very accepting towards piercings and tattoos and receiving time off wasn't too much of a problem.
I wasn't a fan of how much time had to be spent on cleaning the store and the lack of time spent on selling and giving the best customer service. It was difficult for our payroll system to have enough floor staff to keep up with everything.
- 1.0May 23, 2014Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 5 years
Discount is very nice for employees.
Hours are horrible. I worked in a top tear store that did 2M a year, but yet I only worked with people during the weekends and forced to cut hours during slow periods. I was there for several years and then forced to part-time with a $4 pay cut.
- 3.0Apr 3, 2021Store ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 years
The employees, freedom of self expression, clothes, discount, and general operations structure
Embarrassingly low pay compared to competitors. Given minimal hours for staffing and online returns get taken out of your daily sales and therefore you get even less hours for staffing. Regularly worked open to close 6 days a week and had no support from district and upper management. California and SF bay area district by far worst district in my experience (I worked at 3 other districts as well)
- 1.0Feb 1, 2020Sales Associate/CashierFormer Employee, less than 1 yearGrapevine, TX
There's an employee discount, which is good if you like shopping at PacSun.
The location I worked at had bad management and also was apparently one of the worst performing locations and it was not hard to believe. I had to work long hours even off the clock while making bare minimum wage while my coworkers would often slack off and the employee who was appointed to lead and close with us would just be on her phone relaxing while giving orders. Overall terrible experience, but hopefully that was just my location.
- 4.0Jul 13, 2021Retail Sales AssociateFormer Employee, less than 1 yearNew York, NY
I liked my coworkers and the employee discount is nice.
Sometimes not flexible in scheduling work shifts.
- 3.0Sep 29, 2014FT Assistant ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsTulare, CA
I first got hired as a Senior Sales Rep. After fishing an intern with the Pac store that my high school was contracted with they offered me a job. 10 months down the road I get recommended to fulfill a Full-time Assistant manager position. Interviewed with both SM and DM. Career progression with the company was probably the biggest highlight for me.. Oh and the employee discount
Not enough hours for your team to be successful with "Rolling floorsets, 20+ boxes of shipment received every mon, wed and Friday"