Pacifica Hotels Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Matt Marquis

1. "Management with Pacifica Hotels"

Current Employee - General Manager in Cambria, CA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Cambria, CA

I have been working at Pacifica Hotels full-time

Pros

Pacifica Hotels has given a lot of opportunities to grow and advance in the company in 5 years. They give me the freedom to run the hotel my way with the support and resources of a brand.

Cons

Sometimes communication from the corporate office down to hotel level doesn't happen very well but it is improving.

Jul 25, 2016 – Director of Training & Development

We sincerely appreciate you sharing your thoughts and look forward to seeing you continue to grow with Pacifica Hotels!

"Front Desk Agent"

Current Employee - Front Desk in Marina del Rey, CA
    Current Employee - Front Desk in Marina del Rey, CA

I have been working at Pacifica Hotels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Vacation + Sick Hours
    Benefits Package
    Very Flexible

Cons

Poor Management
    No Training
    Bad Fromt Desk Computer System
    Disorganized
    Lack Of Staff

Advice to Management

Hire Competent People
    Improve Candidate Selection Process
    Micromanage
    Discipline Employees

"Misleading about advancement"

Current Employee - Catering Sales Manager in Cambria, CA
    Current Employee - Catering Sales Manager in Cambria, CA

I have been working at Pacifica Hotels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The guests, and staff are great and very positive. I love the location, and my General Manager. I really enjoy coming to work.

Cons

I was told when I was hired that advancement was very likely and that Pacifica gives preferential treatment to current employees for promotions. I find this to be false. I am a great employee and have had stellar employee reviews. I have a wonderful reputation for being an outstanding employee and am willing to pick up extra shifts to help out other properties. I have been told many times that the company could use more employees such as me. I had placed several applications in for promotions and none of them have been reviewed. The most recent application sent was for Assistant General Manager. I have since found out that they hired a less qualified non-employee for that position and was told they hired this person because no other applications were made. This is false as I applied the day after the job posting was made on the Pacifica Hotel website. I find this practice very discouraging and demotivating.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach and review current employee applications for advancement. Employees should be rewarded for exceptional job performance and not overlooked.

Nov 3, 2016 – Director of Training & Development

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts, and would like to learn a little more about your concerns. Please call Alie in People Services at (949)596-7974, so that we can ... More

"HORRIBLE! Aloft Rancho Cucamonga"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I worked at Pacifica Hotels (More than a year)

Pros

Hotel discounts, not much more

Cons

VERY underpaid staff. VERY high turnover. Hotel was seldom fixed, little money put into employees, property, and poorly managed.

Advice to Management

Take an active role in mentoring your staff and working with them instead of intimidating them and telling them to "figure it out". Employee incentives are promised but not upheld and employees are constantly left feeling frustrated. PAY YOUR STAFF A LIVING WAGE! Very little work life balance.

Sep 2, 2016 – Director of Training & Development

Looks like you've posted your review to the wrong company. Please note that Pacifica Hotels is not affiliated with the Aloft in Rancho Cucamonga.

"Bad. It looks great, but it's not."

Current Employee - Housekeeper in Kailua Kona, HI
    Current Employee - Housekeeper in Kailua Kona, HI

I have been working at Pacifica Hotels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They offer a free lunch and discounts on the rooms and stuff.

Cons

They overwork you and you have no control over a schedule. They are always understaffed so you end up working 6 days or more per week. They also do illegal things like making you confirm payroll hours and get into your uniform before clocking in or after clocking out. They also do not provide any breaks aside from one 30 minute lunch.

Advice to Management

Get with the program. You can't keep employees because you treat them like slave workers.

"Bright company but needs to focus on their employees too not just the guests"

Former Employee - GSA in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - GSA in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Pacifica Hotels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hotels are kept really nice.

Cons

Pay is horrible and differs between properties. Front desk/reservations takes care of a lot of accounting work and tends to be over worked and stressed out. Uniform is horrible, had to wear/was given a former employees shirt bc they didn't want to order new uniforms. The button fell off and they refused to get it fixed or give me a new shirt and I had to pay for it be fixed. Plus they only provide shirt and jacket, you provide your own pants and shoes. They require high end shoes, yet pay you pennies. You also have to pay for your uniform to be dry cleaned. Pay is way below industry standard and they will not consider any bonuses.

Usually hotels will provide employees with food or have a cafe for employees on duty, not at Pacifica. You barely get coffee because they don't have enough funds to replenish the "fake" cafe machine.

Advice to Management

Treat the employees much better. They deserve so much. For a 4-star hotel, you need employees who enjoy their job. They won't enjoy their job when their being under paid and overworked. The incentives cut off at $100, so even if we "go above and beyond" with upgrades we can only earn an extra $100 when we just made the hotel 1000s.

Let us cross train. Don't tell us you encourage growth and then not allow us to cross train. We want to better ourselves and better our company.
    Don't wait until we quit to beg and bribe us into staying by letting us cross train, it only makes us more bitter about our jobs.

"Great Properties"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Pros

Hotels are well run. The locations that i saw were beautiful, the managers really care about the guest experience. Management is very guest-focused.

Cons

Corporate staff doesn't care. At the properties, the concern is obvious; it's a different story from the corporate executives.

"Caring Company"

Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in Santa Barbara, CA
    Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in Santa Barbara, CA

Pros

Pacifica Hotels is a sister company that cares about its employees. Never a worry to feel guilty when expressing any concerns to management. They also offer discounted rates on the hotel chain and host fun holiday activities for the staff.

Cons

Long hours, little flexibility in schedule except for days selected. Sometimes understaffed and if someone calls in sick, you'll be working an extra shift.

10. "host/banquet server"

Current Employee - Group Fitness Instructor in Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Group Fitness Instructor in Hollywood, CA

I have been working at Pacifica Hotels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, and great management. Corporate benefits are wonderful including but not limited to 401k, insurance, promotions, raises, etc.

Cons

Corporate policy bogs down the day to day operations. Staffing needs to improve, constantly understaffed. The effective leadership does not outweigh the leaders who are incompetent and work against the success of the company

Advice to Management

Clean house with regard to management, and hire more people.

"Disappointed"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Panama City Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Panama City Beach, FL

I worked at Pacifica Hotels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Has or had some dedicated employees but the Managements lack of common sense has either fired or made most quit.

Cons

Expects your loyalty with none in return. Cuts hours, under staffed, no leadership.

Advice to Management

Treat employess as human beings not a number