Pacifica Hotels Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Matt Marquis

"Team work"

Pros

Great environment . Guests are great. co workers are patient. management listens . Hr is professional.

Cons

not much i can say but ........ nothing

Advice to Management

na

Nov 3, 2016 – Director of Training & Development

AWESOME!! You've really made our day! :)

"Front Desk Agent"

Current Employee - Front Desk in Marina del Rey, CA
    Current Employee - Front Desk in Marina del Rey, CA

I have been working at Pacifica Hotels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Vacation + Sick Hours
    Benefits Package
    Very Flexible

Cons

Poor Management
    No Training
    Bad Fromt Desk Computer System
    Disorganized
    Lack Of Staff

Advice to Management

Hire Competent People
    Improve Candidate Selection Process
    Micromanage
    Discipline Employees

"Misleading about advancement"

Current Employee - Catering Sales Manager in Cambria, CA
    Current Employee - Catering Sales Manager in Cambria, CA

I have been working at Pacifica Hotels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The guests, and staff are great and very positive. I love the location, and my General Manager. I really enjoy coming to work.

Cons

I was told when I was hired that advancement was very likely and that Pacifica gives preferential treatment to current employees for promotions. I find this to be false. I am a great employee and have had stellar employee reviews. I have a wonderful reputation for being an outstanding employee and am willing to pick up extra shifts to help out other properties. I have been told many times that the company could use more employees such as me. I had placed several applications in for promotions and none of them have been reviewed. The most recent application sent was for Assistant General Manager. I have since found out that they hired a less qualified non-employee for that position and was told they hired this person because no other applications were made. This is false as I applied the day after the job posting was made on the Pacifica Hotel website. I find this practice very discouraging and demotivating.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach and review current employee applications for advancement. Employees should be rewarded for exceptional job performance and not overlooked.

Nov 3, 2016 – Director of Training & Development

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts, and would like to learn a little more about your concerns. Please call Alie in People Services at (949)596-7974, so that we can ... More

5. "Management with Pacifica Hotels"

Current Employee - General Manager in Cambria, CA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Cambria, CA

I have been working at Pacifica Hotels full-time

Pros

Pacifica Hotels has given a lot of opportunities to grow and advance in the company in 5 years. They give me the freedom to run the hotel my way with the support and resources of a brand.

Cons

Sometimes communication from the corporate office down to hotel level doesn't happen very well but it is improving.

Jul 25, 2016 – Director of Training & Development

We sincerely appreciate you sharing your thoughts and look forward to seeing you continue to grow with Pacifica Hotels!

6. "You get out what you put in!"

I have been working at Pacifica Hotels (More than a year)

Pros

Pacifica Hotel Company is truly dedicated to superior experiences for both guests and employees who are willing to work towards success. They offer team members the chance to experience the hotels at very discounted rates as well as growth opportunities with a company that is successful, solvent and growing.,

Cons

Pacifica runs very traditional hotels with traditional staffing, I would appreciate seeing a greater emphasis on varying the staffing model to include additional customer service staff, facilities staff and perhaps off-site reservations assistance.

Advice to Management

I love the fact that Pacifica is a growing company with a proven track record and honestly caring management. As the company expands, Pacifica would see an advantage in expanding the support staffing to their various regions.

Sep 2, 2016 – Director of Training & Development

We really appreciate the great feedback and will definitely keep your suggestions in mind as we move forward.

"Bad. It looks great, but it's not."

Current Employee - Housekeeper in Kailua Kona, HI
    Current Employee - Housekeeper in Kailua Kona, HI

I have been working at Pacifica Hotels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They offer a free lunch and discounts on the rooms and stuff.

Cons

They overwork you and you have no control over a schedule. They are always understaffed so you end up working 6 days or more per week. They also do illegal things like making you confirm payroll hours and get into your uniform before clocking in or after clocking out. They also do not provide any breaks aside from one 30 minute lunch.

Advice to Management

Get with the program. You can't keep employees because you treat them like slave workers.

8. "host/banquet server"

Current Employee - Group Fitness Instructor in Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Group Fitness Instructor in Hollywood, CA

I have been working at Pacifica Hotels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, and great management. Corporate benefits are wonderful including but not limited to 401k, insurance, promotions, raises, etc.

Cons

Corporate policy bogs down the day to day operations. Staffing needs to improve, constantly understaffed. The effective leadership does not outweigh the leaders who are incompetent and work against the success of the company

Advice to Management

Clean house with regard to management, and hire more people.

9. "A GREAT place to work"

Pros

Lots of opportunity to grow at Pacifica. I started out as a line level team member and worked my way up to a leadership position.

Beautiful hotels in amazing locations!

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything.

"Great people, opportunity to grow professionally. Need for better benefit packages."

Pros

Good work/life balance. Flexible scheduling allowed me to work and attend school full time. Great people to work with and grow professionally. Great opportunities for advancement if you are willing to relocate.

Cons

Benefits are less than adequate for non management employees. There is a disconnect between corporate and hotel property management which is felt in the daily operations of the hotel.

Advice to Management

Bring back quality benefits for all employees. These people are loyal and willing to go the extra mile as hospitality team members.
    Make a change in company culture to decrease the tensions between property management teams and corporate.

"Great!"

Current Employee - Guest Service Associate in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Guest Service Associate in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Pacifica Hotels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work in the most beautiful place in the country.

Cons

Not much, no more then any other hospitality carrier

Advice to Management

Keep doing a good job and improving the company so we all have a place to be proud of.