Pacifica Hotels Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Matt Marquis
1 Rating

"Bright company but needs to focus on their employees too not just the guests"

Former Employee - GSA in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - GSA in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Pacifica Hotels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hotels are kept really nice.

Cons

Pay is horrible and differs between properties. Front desk/reservations takes care of a lot of accounting work and tends to be over worked and stressed out. Uniform is horrible, had to wear/was given a former employees shirt bc they didn't want to order new uniforms. The button fell off and they refused to get it fixed or give me a new shirt and I had to pay for it be fixed. Plus they only provide shirt and jacket, you provide your own pants and shoes. They require high end shoes, yet pay you pennies. You also have to pay for your uniform to be dry cleaned. Pay is way below industry standard and they will not consider any bonuses.

Usually hotels will provide employees with food or have a cafe for employees on duty, not at Pacifica. You barely get coffee because they don't have enough funds to replenish the "fake" cafe machine.

Advice to Management

Treat the employees much better. They deserve so much. For a 4-star hotel, you need employees who enjoy their job. They won't enjoy their job when their being under paid and overworked. The incentives cut off at $100, so even if we "go above and beyond" with upgrades we can only earn an extra $100 when we just made the hotel 1000s.

Let us cross train. Don't tell us you encourage growth and then not allow us to cross train. We want to better ourselves and better our company.
    Don't wait until we quit to beg and bribe us into staying by letting us cross train, it only makes us more bitter about our jobs.

"Great Properties"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Pros

Hotels are well run. The locations that i saw were beautiful, the managers really care about the guest experience. Management is very guest-focused.

Cons

Corporate staff doesn't care. At the properties, the concern is obvious; it's a different story from the corporate executives.

"Unprofessional Experience"

Former Employee - Front Office Manager in Hermosa Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Front Office Manager in Hermosa Beach, CA

I worked at Pacifica Hotels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The upside (renovating older hotels), the experience of having a management title, flexible schedule, Ongoing leadership training company-wide

Cons

Poor, antiquated computer systems, Lack of training, Improper use of texting as a means of communication with employees, Lack of marketing of property, No security on property--unsafe, unfair business practices in handling employee relations

Advice to Management

Renovate all your properties, and upgrade your computer systems, and hire reliable managers that will be supportive of their employees.

"Great Place To Work If Work- Life Balance Is Low On Your List!"

Former Employee - Corporate Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Corporate Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Pacifica Hotels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work with some great people that really love what they do. You are able to travel and visit properties and really see what beautiful California has to offer. The training team and programs are awesome, as well the rest of the staff- very friendly and always willing to help! Great salary compensation for most corporate employees. You will have the freedom to suggest new projects and try new things. You will have many social events together to bond and have fun with your team. Volunteerism is highly valued there, which is something to be admired.

Cons

Work life balance is essentially non-existent in some departments. Be prepared to be micro-managed, and sometimes watched while working. Projects are sometimes held up with red tape and waiting on a lengthy approval process from management. You will be questioned taking time off for any type of appointment, and they are strict on what working hours are- do not vary from those times set. Benefits are lacking, and deductibles are very high. I didn't feel that the company was invested in me as an individual, so I resigned.

Advice to Management

Invest in your new employees, make them feel welcome form the start. Be flexible and understand that work life balance is always a companies problem, employees need to feel that they have freedom- sitting 9 hours plus per day doesn't make many happy, and it's not good for them either. Small tweaks will make this business be a top place to work in Orange County!

"Work here if you're happy with never growing in a corporation."

Current Employee - Front Desk in Pacifica, CA
    Current Employee - Front Desk in Pacifica, CA

Pros

To meet new people from all around the world. Friendly front desk staff and lovely housekeeping staff.

Cons

The downsides include poor management, a lousy restaurant, and mediocre maintenance.

Advice to Management

Senior management should pay attention to the needs of their employees. They should take the steps necessary to making the hotel a viable location for everyone.

"Cheap Management"

I worked at Pacifica Hotels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

About the only perk is the that the properties are nice and you can use them at a discounted rate sometimes--in the slow seasons. There are few perks with this company. They run very lean.

Cons

This is a hotel management group, so the corporate office staff doesn't even know the majority of their own employees. They have no real regard for their bread and butter employees such as housekeeping, front desk clerks and assistant managers. The corporate officers in Santa Barbara are close knit, but are back biting toward the managers of each of their properties.

Advice to Management

Get some morals and compassion. It is very clear that you have no value for your employees.