Pacifica Hotels Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Matt Marquis

1. "A GREAT place to work"

Pros

Lots of opportunity to grow at Pacifica. I started out as a line level team member and worked my way up to a leadership position.

Beautiful hotels in amazing locations!

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything.

"Great company to work for!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at Pacifica Hotels part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great management and awesome benefits, including paid vacation time. Very generous with pay as long as you are a good employee! I have worked in hotels for 4 years and Pacifica was the best employer by a long shot. So my advice is work hard and you will be rewarded.

Cons

They are a fairly large company so you rarely see upper management. But they have a GREAT human resource department.

3. "King Kamehameha Kona Beach Hotel"

Former Employee - Catering Sales Manager in Kailua Kona, HI
    Former Employee - Catering Sales Manager in Kailua Kona, HI

I worked at Pacifica Hotels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pacifica Hotels is a superb company. I appreciated their continuous improvement of the property and the monthly and quarterly meetings they held to ensure we were on track with our goals. They assisted with new ideas and made you feel like you were working with a happy family.

Cons

The front office and back office systems should be able to interface. Computer systems that interface free up time for the ever important sales calls for new business and servicing of existing clients.

Advice to Management

Jack Hu and his team are superb hoteliers. One can learn on the go with the fantastic Executive Committee members.

4. "You get out what you put in!"

I have been working at Pacifica Hotels (More than a year)

Pros

Pacifica Hotel Company is truly dedicated to superior experiences for both guests and employees who are willing to work towards success. They offer team members the chance to experience the hotels at very discounted rates as well as growth opportunities with a company that is successful, solvent and growing.,

Cons

Pacifica runs very traditional hotels with traditional staffing, I would appreciate seeing a greater emphasis on varying the staffing model to include additional customer service staff, facilities staff and perhaps off-site reservations assistance.

Advice to Management

I love the fact that Pacifica is a growing company with a proven track record and honestly caring management. As the company expands, Pacifica would see an advantage in expanding the support staffing to their various regions.

Sep 2, 2016 – Director of Training & Development

We really appreciate the great feedback and will definitely keep your suggestions in mind as we move forward.

5. "Management with Pacifica Hotels"

Current Employee - General Manager in Cambria, CA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Cambria, CA

I have been working at Pacifica Hotels full-time

Pros

Pacifica Hotels has given a lot of opportunities to grow and advance in the company in 5 years. They give me the freedom to run the hotel my way with the support and resources of a brand.

Cons

Sometimes communication from the corporate office down to hotel level doesn't happen very well but it is improving.

Jul 25, 2016 – Director of Training & Development

We sincerely appreciate you sharing your thoughts and look forward to seeing you continue to grow with Pacifica Hotels!

"Team work"

Pros

Great environment . Guests are great. co workers are patient. management listens . Hr is professional.

Cons

not much i can say but ........ nothing

Advice to Management

na

Nov 3, 2016 – Director of Training & Development

AWESOME!! You've really made our day! :)

7. "Solid company with positive intentions"

Former Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Pacifica Hotels full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ownership spends money as needed instead of neglecting concerns as some hotel companies do. Positive engagement and work environment. Not perfect, but when mistakes are made, cool heads and solutions prevail here. I have worked for large scale and small scale hotel companies and Pacifica is a solid company with their priorities straight. They care about employees and try to do their best to address concerns, use good judgement and listen to recommendations.

Cons

Pay rates could be better at times for certain positions. I found after I left that they posted my position at a much higher rate than I was making. I did also try and negotiate a better salary earlier this year and was turned down, even though I was doing very well in my role. That said, I was still happy working there and enjoyed the environment. I did leave for a better paying position about 4 months after I had asked for the increase. Benefits are good, not great, but in line with industry standards for the most part. The insurance I had when we started was better than the last go round.

Advice to Management

Better benefits and pay rates and fully consider increases when employees make a good case. I may have still left, but it would have slowed down my search for sure if my salary was adjusted when I requested.

"Great!"

Current Employee - Guest Service Associate in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Guest Service Associate in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Pacifica Hotels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work in the most beautiful place in the country.

Cons

Not much, no more then any other hospitality carrier

Advice to Management

Keep doing a good job and improving the company so we all have a place to be proud of.

"Great people, opportunity to grow professionally. Need for better benefit packages."

Pros

Good work/life balance. Flexible scheduling allowed me to work and attend school full time. Great people to work with and grow professionally. Great opportunities for advancement if you are willing to relocate.

Cons

Benefits are less than adequate for non management employees. There is a disconnect between corporate and hotel property management which is felt in the daily operations of the hotel.

Advice to Management

Bring back quality benefits for all employees. These people are loyal and willing to go the extra mile as hospitality team members.
    Make a change in company culture to decrease the tensions between property management teams and corporate.

10. "Simply Honest - Great Service Provider"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Laguna Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Laguna Beach, CA

I worked at Pacifica Hotels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Guest Service Training provided.
    Family run but professional casual modern look.
    Little things, that are still FREE IN-ROOM for guests, ALWAYS great making them feel happy and not ripped off if location is already in prime setting.
    Cleanliness and attention to detail is superb !!!

Cons

Too many things FD people need to do compromising full attention to guest arriving or departing.
    Dated computer systems - but seem to work better than newer high-tech confusing flou flous.
    Listen to your guest service agents more !!! - They see it all, hear it all, deal with it all, know a lot !
    Be more open to improvement and listen to your people !!!
    They wanne help you be better, more efficient and contribute to your very essential successes.

Advice to Management

Pay the "Little Guy" more who is - THE First FACE - your guests see and encounter !!!
    Pacifica Hotels provides awesome guest service training .
    If they could only realize more money and way more incentives for your *INCREDIBLE* guest service agents, then they will KEEP THESE GOLDEN PEOPLE around longer and make your regular and corporate return travelers "Feel even more at home" with the same faces who become FAMILY in a sense and keep on providing a *safe home* away from home for all guests ! --- RETURN BUSINESS GUARANTEED ...even more with good people sticking around.