Pacifica Hotels Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Horrible Manager"

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Pacifica Hotels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company gives good benefit such as health insurance, paid vacation etc.

Cons

Manager lay the favoritism style, I f she likes the employee, she will be very nice to her/him , will give a private training about managerial task and duty , will give OT even unnecessary and they always chit chat at the back office discussing other employees performance.

Advice to Management

Please review managers performance too because they always act like they're the owner of the company.

Jul 19, 2017 – People Services & Payroll Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are glad to hear that you liked our benefit and vacation offerings but are sorry to hear about your experience with management. We'd love the... More

"False promises"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marina del Rey, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marina del Rey, CA

I worked at Pacifica Hotels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Location was nice easy to get to close to beach and other nearby attractions

Cons

The management promised a lot and never delivered anything

Jun 29, 2017 – Director of Training & Development

So glad to know that you enjoyed the location, but we're disappointed to hear that your experience with us didn't meet your overall expectations. We'd love the opportunity to speak with you directly... More

3. "Solid company with positive intentions"

Former Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Pacifica Hotels full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ownership spends money as needed instead of neglecting concerns as some hotel companies do. Positive engagement and work environment. Not perfect, but when mistakes are made, cool heads and solutions prevail here. I have worked for large scale and small scale hotel companies and Pacifica is a solid company with their priorities straight. They care about employees and try to do their best to address concerns, use good judgement and listen to recommendations.

Cons

Pay rates could be better at times for certain positions. I found after I left that they posted my position at a much higher rate than I was making. I did also try and negotiate a better salary earlier this year and was turned down, even though I was doing very well in my role. That said, I was still happy working there and enjoyed the environment. I did leave for a better paying position about 4 months after I had asked for the increase. Benefits are good, not great, but in line with industry standards for the most part. The insurance I had when we started was better than the last go round.

Advice to Management

Better benefits and pay rates and fully consider increases when employees make a good case. I may have still left, but it would have slowed down my search for sure if my salary was adjusted when I requested.

Jun 29, 2017 – Director of Training & Development

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and suggestions. We truly value our team members and all they do to contribute to our success.

"Marina del Rey Hotel - worst job of my life"

I worked at Pacifica Hotels full-time

Pros

- Hotel located on beautiful peninsula
    - salary reasonable (but not worth it)
    - fellow co-workers and hotel manager
    - great restaurant

Cons

- corrupt culture, even illegal
    - very high turnover rate
    - General Manager unprofessional
    - some managers not pad bonuses and treated very unfairly.
    - witnessed fellow employees being written up or fired for things that never happened to try to 'push them out'
    - employees doing drugs/ drinking on the job and caught NOT fired or written up
    - no structure, disaster
    - Very long hours as doing to the job of 3 people. not compensated but rather told to manage time better.
    - outdated systems
    - extremely corporate, no flexibility
    - Director of Sales horrible, untrustworthy, completely unprofessional, and disrespectful. knows how to decorate but nothing about rooms or sales.

Advice to Management

- Remove DOS from her position and replace with someone who is qualified, positive, trustworthy, and professional who encourages the team's success.
    - Pay bonuses as promised
    - be more selective with hiring
    - try retaining employees
    - take leadership courses
    - RUN A CLEAN BUSINESS!!!

"front desk agent"

I worked at Pacifica Hotels full-time

Pros

There are no pros for this company

Cons

no training, bad managers, employees not held responsible for their jobs, constant turnover, want you to have no life after work.

Advice to Management

Change your whole idea. Most employers are now wanting their employees to have a good life outside of work also. Your company only wants people who do not care about their life.

"Growing Pains"

Current Employee - Associate in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Associate in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Pacifica Hotels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small company so everyone is accessible.

Cons

They play favorites and promote unqualified people just because they have been with the company for a while. Not many have worked for larger hotels and it shows in their processes and mentality. Culture is inconsistent. They do not pay very well compared to other hotel companies.

Advice to Management

Hire experienced people and welcome their suggestions to help improve the company.

Jun 2, 2017 – Director of Training & Development

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts, and will certainly take your suggestions seriously. We'd love the opportunity to talk with you further, so that we can address your... More

"Front Desk Agent"

Current Employee - Front Desk in Marina del Rey, CA
    Current Employee - Front Desk in Marina del Rey, CA

I have been working at Pacifica Hotels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Vacation + Sick Hours
    Benefits Package
    Very Flexible

Cons

Poor Management
    No Training
    Bad Fromt Desk Computer System
    Disorganized
    Lack Of Staff

Advice to Management

Hire Competent People
    Improve Candidate Selection Process
    Micromanage
    Discipline Employees

"Misleading about advancement"

Current Employee - Catering Sales Manager in Cambria, CA
    Current Employee - Catering Sales Manager in Cambria, CA

I have been working at Pacifica Hotels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The guests, and staff are great and very positive. I love the location, and my General Manager. I really enjoy coming to work.

Cons

I was told when I was hired that advancement was very likely and that Pacifica gives preferential treatment to current employees for promotions. I find this to be false. I am a great employee and have had stellar employee reviews. I have a wonderful reputation for being an outstanding employee and am willing to pick up extra shifts to help out other properties. I have been told many times that the company could use more employees such as me. I had placed several applications in for promotions and none of them have been reviewed. The most recent application sent was for Assistant General Manager. I have since found out that they hired a less qualified non-employee for that position and was told they hired this person because no other applications were made. This is false as I applied the day after the job posting was made on the Pacifica Hotel website. I find this practice very discouraging and demotivating.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach and review current employee applications for advancement. Employees should be rewarded for exceptional job performance and not overlooked.

Nov 3, 2016 – Director of Training & Development

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts, and would like to learn a little more about your concerns. Please call Alie in People Services at (949)596-7974, so that we can... More

"Team work"

Pros

Great environment . Guests are great. co workers are patient. management listens . Hr is professional.

Cons

not much i can say but ........ nothing

Advice to Management

na

Nov 3, 2016 – Director of Training & Development

AWESOME!! You've really made our day! :)

"Bullying Tactics"

Pros

This company has such promise to be a true leader, it is very unfortunate the culture they are manifesting is so fear driven and hostile.

Cons

This company has lost what made it almost tolerable to work for. The new regime that is in place at corporate has taken to leading their managers by fear, intimidation, harassment and downright bullying. What's worse, is they don't own that fact, they play this game with their gm's about "being a leader by example" but they don't walk it themselves. It's a very demotivating place to work, and I feel sorry for those who feel they are "stuck" working under these conditions. I am sure the company's founder wouldn't allow what is currently happening. Very very sad, for a company with such an opportunity to shine, they are wasting it with this unbridled ego, power and control driven corporate management team.

Advice to Management

Be true leaders by allowing these properties to operate for the guests experience, and stop micromanaging and driving your property managers insane with unattainable goals that truly don't benefit the guests experience. By demotivating and using bullying tactics at the property level, you are creating such an unhealthy and fear driven environment, the guests cant help but feel it, and you are robbing the guests of an experience they deserve for their hard earned dollars. Take your foot off their necks and allow your dedicated employees to be human and enjoy working for you!!!

Sep 2, 2016 – Director of Training & Development

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry your employment experience wasn’t ideal, and invite you to speak to a People Services representative in person. Please call Alie at (949) 596-7974 to... More