Pacira Pharmaceuticals Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 66 reviews

2.8
Pacira Pharmaceuticals CEO Dave Stack
Dave Stack
Pros
  • "Strong future, great product, and even better people(in 9 reviews)

• "Good product in a burgeoning anti-opioid clinical/legislative environment(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Pacira Is Not For Everyone!"

I have been working at Pacira Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pacira is not for everyone and that's not a bad thing! If you are smart, driven, and looking for a place to learn and make an impact, Pacira might be the place for you. I've been at Pacira for almost 5 years and have worked with and learned from some of the sharpest minds in the industry. I am challenged every day and look forward to coming in every morning.

Cons

Pacira is still a young and growing company. Not every SOP and policy is in place as you may be used to, but that's just opportunity for the right people.

Pacira Pharmaceuticals2019-02-25
  2. "Great Product - Lousy Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Pacira Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The product is a great alternative to opioids and combatting the epidemic. There are some genuinely nice people that work there.

Cons

HR is shady at best and nobody trusts them. Executive Leadership does not have a pulse on just how toxic the culture has become. There's backstabbing, poor emotional intelligence, retribution for anyone who tries to do the right thing (ie. be compliant), and only those who suck up to the powers that be get promoted. Salaries are MUCH lower than in other companies, although ELT will tell you otherwise. Work/Life... balance does not exist here. You are expected to work 24/7, and always be available.

Advice to Management

Get your act together and take a long hard look at your HR department, your staff that continuously bully employees to the point of making people sick, either because of their own power trips or the excessive stress-induced environment. It's toxic!

Pacira Pharmaceuticals2019-08-10
  3. "Great product, company will exceed expectations!"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Pacira Pharmaceuticals full-time

Pros

There is growth potential from a sales perspective and from a career perspective. Majority of the Pacira colleagues are true believers of the product and company itself. While everyone seems to be doing many different roles, I have not been a part of a more positive work environment. Management and HR likes to have well rounded candidates from different areas /job functions rather than a singular job ... function. Great product, with a great message. Ability to help add value within the growth

Cons

Comparatively Pacira is still a smaller pharmaceutical company, but is growing at a rapid rate. As a PRO, there is extensive growth potential, with that comes the growing pains and changes that are necessary to achieve goals. The job title to job function does not equal.

Advice to Management

Continue to be positive/be transparent and the work output will exceed expectations.

Pacira Pharmaceuticals2019-07-10

"Poor management"

Former Employee - Medical Science Liaison in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Pacira Pharmaceuticals full-time for less than a year

Pros

I loved my role and everything involved in interacting with the public.

Cons

My manager made my time as this company a living nightmare. I was told my job depended on outcomes that were not in line with industry compliance. I was constantly getting conflicting instructions and feedback. There was zero accountability for the manager's unprofessional behavior from above or from HR. The culture was toxic.

Advice to Management

Provide more oversight to the onboarding process and improving communication so you can support people in their long-term success rather than setting them up for failure.

Pacira Pharmaceuticals2019-06-23

"Look anywhere else"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Pacira Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than a year

Pros

Product can potentially benefit patients as long as the cost is worth it (with price increases its not)

Cons

Literally everything. Shady ethics SEC violations Senior leadership plays favorites if you’re into playing politics step right up If you don’t believe me just read Cafe Pharma

Advice to Management

Advice? You all need to find some ethics and understand morals.

Pacira Pharmaceuticals2019-07-11

"Rampant Nepotism and Favoritism"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Pacira Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay is good and plenty of overtime available. Company is growing and selling more product so outlook is good.

Cons

Obvious favoritism and nepotism. I've seen two operators make the same mistake within the same week and one gets chewed out and the other gets nothing. I've seen people use relatives to pull strings for them. Management overturns supervisor's decisions in favor of operators they like. Management is controlling and micromanages. Work gets distributed unevenly among team members and always ends up favoring certain... individuals. Certain management frequently yells and curses. Management puts little effort to promote the company "culture".

Advice to Management

Stop the nepotism and favoritism. sure the people that it favors will stay but the people it doesn't will leave. It doesn't help build your culture and hurts teamwork.

Pacira Pharmaceuticals2019-06-19
  7. "Growing startup mentality"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Pacira Pharmaceuticals full-time

Pros

Small enough to be able to act quickly and learn a lot as an employee. You can get involved in many projects over time. Good people who have passion about the mission.

Cons

Growing pains means process and people turnover while everyone tries to find their fit in times of expansion. Some typical communication issues from top down as well.

Pacira Pharmaceuticals2019-03-25
  8. "Challenging Growth Period"

I worked at Pacira Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Competitive pay, fun company-wide celebrations, good place to build your network

Cons

People bringing in others from the outside instead of promoting from within

Advice to Management

Actively try to work with your employees, don't just set goals without their input

Pacira Pharmaceuticals2019-03-22
  9. "No leadership"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Pacira Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay is good for the little actual work I do. My boss has no idea what he’s doing, rarely travels in the field and wouldn’t know what he’s doing if he did. Work balance is great because most AMs & OAMs are only working 2-3 days max.

Cons

Zero career development programs. Zero leadership. Zero trust. Zero accountability. CEO hates all sales people. Always has, always will.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at the capabilities of all leadership, what you will find are people way over there head. Most RDs too. Promotions based on the buddy system: golfers, drinkers, skirt-chasers. Purge these and get real managers with true experience.

Pacira Pharmaceuticals2019-02-06

"I have enjoyed my time here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Pacira Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than a year

Pros

-In my department if you're competent, productive, and deliver on time, it's a great job. -Pay is competitive. -WFH isn't unheard of if you do your job well. -A good amount of perks (events, lunches). -People are mostly friendly.

Cons

-Coming from a CRO, there is a clear lack of structure. -In some instances there is a lot of money wasted on outsourcing when we have capable folks here.

Pacira Pharmaceuticals2018-12-27