Paddy Power Betfair Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Paddy Power Betfair CEO Breon Corcoran
Breon Corcoran

Pros
  • Some good people still left from the pre-merger paddy power (in 26 reviews)

• You will find here great people to work with (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • can be long hours but can get many days off in a row which makes up for long days (in 19 reviews)

• total compliance is rewarded and hence encouraged in senior management (in 17 reviews)

1. "Great opportunity for growth and challenge while at the same time making a difference with an exciting mission"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Openness, willingness to do the right thing, challenge, mission, scale, experience, people, excitement. It's got good bones and huge potential.

Cons

Company has grown very quickly and it needs to rationalise performance levels across the group

Advice to Management

Some of the easy things are too hard - we need more of the basics polished.

2. "Great people, process and investment in technology."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The company is growing fast in San Francisco, picking up more and more talented people. It is a good chance to work with a company that has the look and feel of a start- up with international a foot print.
    Betfair has a great product and will change to face to the betting industry in the US.

Cons

As like many fast growing technology companies some of the managers needs some work on the basic skills of managing people.

3. "I love my job and the people I work with"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Betfair is by far the best place I've ever worked for. There's a lot of opportunity to learn new things and the compensation is competitive. The people are very professional and management is on top of things. You should try to work here... if you can get in lol

Cons

Management was trying to hire very rapidly and in the process they hired a few bad apples, but these people didn't last, you have to know your stuff to be last here.

Advice to Management

Hire people on a contract-to-hire basis so you can get rid of them quickly if it don't work out. Don't hire FTE off the bat.

5. "Best employer I've ever had"

Current Employee - Middle Manager in Hammersmith, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Middle Manager in Hammersmith, England (UK)

Pros

Very vibrant and energetic environment. Every body is so committed to doing their best for the company. Lots of freedom to make decisions and take the initiative. Opinions are valued and lots of opportunity to be creative and innovative.

Cons

Can be a little bit unstructured and chaotic at times. Quite a complex organisation with not much to help you find your way around in terms of roles and responsibilities.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to see and hear you a bit more. As the company grows larger your visibility diminishes. Listen to the internal expertise a bit more rather than relying on external advice all the time.

6. "Loving the challenge! Such a great opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hammersmith, England (UK)

Pros

I get to own my projects here which is great. There's so much going on which makes this an exciting place to be. I love sports, so to work somewhere with sport on the big screens around the office 24/7 is really enjoyable.
    Betfair is also a really cool Tech company - to be able to mix my passion for sports and passion for cutting edge Technology is so cool!

Cons

The pace of change is so fast you sometimes need to work real hard to keep up. Occasionally it can get on top of you - but it would be a lot more dull if it was slower!

Advice to Management

We need to get more automation on our processes. I've seen us start to work a bit smarter, would be great to see it continue.

"Positive challenge"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Pros

Bright, interesting and nice people
    Relaxed, informal culture
    Strong growth creates lots of opportunities
    Interesting, challenging work
    Management are open to challenge

Cons

Core hours are until 6pm so with commute its a long day

"Changing times, exciting challenge!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hammersmith, England (UK)

Pros

Coming from a large corporate background Betfair is a refreshing change. I love the challenges it brings and there is so much room for growth and opportunity to make a difference.
    In the current climate I feel fortunate to be working for an Organisation that is doing well and still growing.
    Employees at Betfair have a certain pride with working here and what betfair has created in the exchange which you dont see in many organisations.
    Betfair encourages its employees to have a voice and an opinion.

Lots of negative feedback on here but many of the people that leave realise the grass isnt greener and come back.
    Socially its fantastic with lots of team events happening . Arent many places you get two big parties a year!

Cons

Outside of gaming industry, fairly uinknown brand.
    External perception of working at Betfair not good, we need to get better at selling our strengths and celebrating them too!

Advice to Management

Looking forward to seeing some positive changes with recent internal activity on succession planning.
    Management need to be more visible and could benefit from regular Communications.

9. "Positive challenges, with the encouragement to make a difference"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager in London, England (UK)

Pros

Dynamic culture
    Continuous development of technology platforms
    Globally expanding organisation
    Unique business model
    Driven Senior Management team
    Investment in employees

Cons

As we continue to grow there are lots of changes ensuring continuous improvements and development of the products, technology, offerings to the customer - must be able to handle this fast-paced environment and the evolving structure.

10. "Great experience working for a growing and very dynamic young company."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Pros

Great company full of talented, dedicated and proud people. Love of sport mandatory. Always a good buzz in the office.

Cons

Lack of organisational maturity makes it hard to navigate at times. Prone to the occasional knee jerk.

Advice to Management

A little more trust would go a long long way. Keep the faith and push onwards and upwards.

11. "Fun, challenging and rewarding"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Paddy Power Betfair full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Youthful workforce
    Friendly
    Like minded colleagues
    Ambitious

Cons

Pressure
    Enormous growth rate means process adaptation may lag behind