Padgett Stratemann LLP Reviews | Glassdoor

Padgett Stratemann LLP Reviews

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
John Wright

1. "Great Company and Community"

Current Employee - Entry Level Auditor in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Entry Level Auditor in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Padgett Stratemann LLP (Less than a year)

Pros

This company truly cares about the quality of work. The employees are pleasant to work with. The company also strives to provide a sense of work life balance for its employees.

Cons

Although this company stresses the importance of employee health, there is no compensation on behalf of the company for gym memberships or active lifestyle activities.

2. "Great Learning experience..."

Former Employee - Tax Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Tax Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Padgett Stratemann LLP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great learning experience, good support network, lots of team events

Cons

A lot of work, especially juggling the needs of clients, partners and staff training

3. "Great place to work in public accounting."

Current Employee - Audit Senior in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Audit Senior in Austin, TX

I have been working at Padgett Stratemann LLP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Padgett Stratemann is a great place to work. I am in their Austin office and we are having tons of growth. Every one of my coworkers is not only hard working, but also willing to help other coworkers and clients. At Padgett, they monitor the work load so that employees are not working ridiculous hours (no more than 50 hours a week during busy season on the audit side). Senior management also made an attempt to listen to everyone in the organization by having a day set aside where everyone came together and brainstormed new ideas for the firm (travel, changing the office layout, incentives, community involvement, etc.). It will be a challenge to implement these new ideas with some people being adverse to change, but they are trying and I believe Padgett is heading in a very positive direction. In my opinion, Padgett Stratemann is the best you can get in public accounting. They have all of the resources of a big firm but the personality of a caring, get to know you on a personal basis type of company.

Cons

Like at most public accounting firms, there is travel in the audit department. I am usually at a client site rather than in the office, but they do make an effort to minimize the out of town nights. I am in the industry with the most travel at the firm, and I had ~40 out of town nights this fiscal year.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employees of all levels. There are great ideas going around that can truly make Padgett Stratemann an even better place to work.

"Audit Intern"

Former Intern - Audit Intern in San Antonio, TX
    Former Intern - Audit Intern in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Padgett Stratemann LLP as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training, the software is easy learn. You feel very appreciated by your coworkers and receive feed back on every engagement. HR is very active in the company and employees make time to socialize outside of work. You always experience something different and continually learn.

Cons

The scheduling was a little crazy, this is partly due to the fact that it the job is very dependent on the clients preparedness. There would be some days where I had little to no work, but management tries their best to keep you busy.

"Work Elsewhere Unless There is No Other Employer Left in this World"

Former Employee - Tax Associate in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Tax Associate in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Padgett Stratemann LLP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Without a doubt this company has nothing good to write about!!

Cons

Plenty of dirty office politics. Partners and senior managers are completely ineffective in generating any new business and growing the company. Salary increases and bonuses are random and completely unfair. Employees constantly using unprofessional, abusive language (even the Partners) and senior management are unethical and lack basic courtesy and integrity.

They have numerous admin and report production staff for just a 300 person company.If you try to improve any process or procedure, you get zero encouragement from management unless you belong to the "inner circle".

They have this silly company meetings every two months where all they do is pat themselves on the back and feel content that they are "one of Texas' largest privately owned CPA firm".

Management is greedy and only think of themselves and getting their big bonus at the end of the year not caring about how and what motivates employees.

Advice to Management

Trim all the ineffective senior managers and hold them accountable to generate a certain level of new business. Get rid of the numerous admin and report production staff who sit around and appear to be busy. These employees add no value. Be fair in salary increases and bonuses. Implement a plan to retain smart and proactive employees, rather than sticking with the same old practices and senior management who are change averse.

"Revolving Door"

Former Employee - Tax in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Tax in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Padgett Stratemann LLP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice coworkers. Ability to work remotely as needed.

Cons

They are constantly firing people. I have never worked at a place that fired so many people. Even at the busiest of times. The reviews are ridiculous - practically non-existent. Partners and managers play favorites. They are really tight with budget - no lunches, parties, etc.

Advice to Management

Give everyone the same opportunities. Take time to invest in employees training on new items.

"Okay but reason I'm gone."

Former Employee - Systems Support Specialist in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Systems Support Specialist in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Good first job, learned a lot on the job.

Cons

No respect or room for advancement in IT.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees like replaceable meat and offer them starting salaries that actually make sense. I knew I was leaving ASAP on day one.

9. "Accounting Firm"

Pros

Team member incentives and programs.

Cons

Long work hours, work-life balance hard to do.

10. "Fantastic!"

Pros

The team atmosphere and positive attitude at this firm allows for a fun and exciting workplace.

Cons

As far as my experience, I did not have any negative situations while at PS&Co.

11. "great place to learn"

Pros

learn a lot on the job

Cons

cant move up in level