PageGroup Reviews in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

4.0
PageGroup CEO Steve Ingham
Steve Ingham

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • work hard play hard culture - great socials (in 42 reviews)

• Michael Page is one of the best learning environments that I have worked in (in 74 reviews)

Cons
  • not ideal for work-life balance (in 77 reviews)

• The nature of the industry is long hours so definitely not for those who are looking to put in the minimum hours in order to be successful (in 147 reviews)

1. "Incredibly Caring Employer Offering Amble Opportunity"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Nottingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Nottingham, England (UK)

I have been working at PageGroup full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At Page Group each and every person is highly valued. They actively encourage and support ambitious & motivated individuals who are looking to reach their career aspirations. An extremely positive culture with people who want to work here and welcome you into the business from day one with open arms. You are certainly not a number within this global organisation. I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to work for a strong brand and market leading recruiter.

Cons

It's difficult to pin point the cons to working here at Page Group as this is very much subjective to your personality. Some people could look at my working week and consider the hours to be long, but I am a big believer in what you put in is what you get out. It's great to have a job where you are rewarded for hard work.

Advice to Management

The management here is very much focused around creating a "high trust high performance" culture, which fits perfectly with my own beliefs.

2. "Michael Page Graduate Scheme"

Current Employee - Fashion Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Fashion Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at PageGroup full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Quick career progression- hard work is rewarded through promotion
    - Fantastic benefits scheme- private healthcare, pension etc
    - Versatility - each day is different
    - Good work life balance
    - A lot of trust involved in the role
    - Friendly working environment

Cons

- Extremely target driven ( this could be a positive as some people thrive in this environment)
    - Sometimes the process is out of your control. You can only do your best to manage the decisions of candidates and clients.
    - Learning to manage the highs and the lows

Advice to Management

- Offer support even once a consultant is established, a lot of hand holding at the start but make sure the support is continuous

3. "Michael Page"

Current Employee - Manager in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Manager in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at PageGroup full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent training and progression possibilities

Cons

Pressure & Expectations
    However I put the pressure on myself as I want to do the best job possible and therefore reap the rewards

Advice to Management

You can never train and support your staff too much!

4. "I wish I had joined sooner"

Current Employee - Manager in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Manager in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at PageGroup full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked in the Page Group Manchester office for nearly 9 months now and wish I had joined sooner. It's an environment where you can 'be yourself' and are treated with respect and like an adult. Plenty of diverse characters in the office which makes it fun and I enjoy coming to work.

Having been in Recruitment for 10 years I have seen the good, the bad and the ugly side of the environments that are out there. With PageGroup I can genuinely see my long term future here as my professional and personal life evolves. At the moment I am part of a fast growing division in Technology and we all have shared vision to significantly progress our careers.

Fantastic flexibility offered if you are performing, and an impressive client base to work with.

Cons

None so far. Takes a while to get your head around some of the processes in a large complex business.

Advice to Management

None specifically - excellent leadership that is realistic and fair.

Aug 10, 2017 – Olly Watson, Executive Board Director UK & North America

Thank you for your feedback and I’m delighted you are enjoying your career with PageGroup. You reference some of the things we are most proud of; our diverse and inclusive culture, career... More

5. "Worked full time"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at PageGroup full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training system to plug into, especially if you are starting out, great team culture

Cons

Although promoting open mind in fact only follow internal policies

Jul 31, 2017 – Olly Watson, Executive Board Director UK & North America

Thank you for your review, we have always been proud of the training and development we provide at PageGroup so I am pleased to hear that you received the support you needed. We recently launched... More

6. "Brilliant in some ways, pretty disappointing in others"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at PageGroup full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good training is on offer, especially if you come through the graduate scheme. The benefits are good, incentives are plentiful and you'll no doubt make some great friends.

Cons

KPIs are pretty brutal and rarely relationship focused. One minute you're the hero and the next minute you're made to feel small and insignificant. There's a lot of inconsistency in how performance is managed, misconduct is often overlooked if you're a high biller. HR are also nowhere to be seen, which is not intended to be a criticism of them, it's just very telling that they're kept so far away from the day to day goings on.

Advice to Management

Stop encouraging your employees to think of In-house Talent teams as failed recruiters, it's only going to come back to bite you later on when you're desperately trying to 'crack' that new client.

Aug 10, 2017 – Olly Watson, Executive Board Director UK & North America

Thank you for your feedback and I’m glad you have found value in the training and support we provide to give you the tools and knowledge you need to be successful. Whilst this is a performance... More

7. "Great business and fantastic people"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at PageGroup full-time

Pros

Training and development
    Working towards a more flexible culture which increases engagement and productivity
    The people

Cons

Sometimes too KPI focused rather than quality focused. KPI's used as a blanket management technique to increase productivity by Directors managing regional teams in multiple locations.

Advice to Management

Cannot fault management style - engaging, collaborative, progressive leadership, tailored to get the best from every team member

8. "Training is great, Atmosphere is clicky"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)

I worked at PageGroup (More than a year)

Pros

From day one you are put through training, both on the job and dedicated day training to teach you different techniques an give you an understanding of the business. If you are able to make plenty of placements you are rewarded as Page has a great commission scheme.

Cons

The atmosphere is very clicky. You have to know the right people to talk to, in order to be invited out for drinks, meals events etc. There is a divide between, Executive, Michael Page and Page Personnel.
    There is no recognition for those who work extremely hard to build relationships it is purely driven on sales.

Advice to Management

Recognise staff for hard work, and decrease the barrier between departments.

9. "hard work good rewards"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at PageGroup full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunities are there for you if you work for it and put in the effort. Career progression can be quick and the size of the organization enables you to move globally if you want

Cons

Not everyone is equal and you need to push to get a fair deal.

Advice to Management

Invest in good people managers that can bring on your teams and retain your top billers

10. "Great Business"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at PageGroup full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent training, lots of incentives, strong brand, good career path, flexible working and a great culture.

Cons

Promotion targets can be unclear, bonuses are not great in comparison to competitors or other sales roles,