PageGroup Employee Reviews about "working hours"

Updated Oct 22, 2020

Found 64 of over 2K reviews

3.8
PageGroup CEO Steve Ingham
Steve Ingham
Pros
  • "good working environment for beginner(in 87 reviews)

• "You will have great career progression if you do your best(in 78 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Sometimes long hours if you're working on many jobs at the same time(in 206 reviews)

• "8:00AM - 6:00pm standard working hours(in 64 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of PageGroup and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "working hours"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work!

Apr 17, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Environment: hard-working and driven professionals who are great to learn from and love to work hard/play hard - Great learning opportunity! - You get back what you put in - Collaborative atmosphere, if you are willing to work your way up people want to help you succeed - Ability to learn from the best in the industry - High profile candidates and clients

Cons

Working hours - the harder you work the more reward you get though so it's worth it

2. 4.0

Associate Recruiter

Oct 23, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Overall, i enjoyed the work hard/play hard culture.

Cons

Later working hours were less than ideal.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Working at Michael Page made me depressed.

Oct 22, 2020 - Consultant in Saint Albans, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are some really great Directors in the business to learn from, and their training is excellent as a start in recruitment.

Cons

I cried every night when I got home because I hated working there so much. There are two types of people working there - the genuinely nice few who got sucked into the business and are probably searching for a way out, and their soul-sucking colleagues who will stab you in the back the moment they can if it means they'll earn an extra £100. Do not trust anyone here unless they are as visibly miserable working there as you are. It's super KPI heavy even monitoring how many hours per week you spend on the phone. If you haven't reached 6 hours on the phone by Thursday morning you're brought in for a one-to-one with your Manager. 6 hours may not sound like much, but it is when it's made up of a load of voicemails because candidates struggle to answer their phones during working hours (unless they're immediately available). I had 3 Managers in the 20 months I worked there which a Director apologised to me for when I left. Cold calling is very much part of the job (even if they tell you it's only a small amount in the interview!) - be prepared to be hung up on - a lot. Expect to have no life outside of work besides with your colleagues. You will be expected to work 8 am-7 pm (except on Fridays when you can leave 'early' at your contracted 5:30 pm). In the London office, they tend to go out for drinks together, and if you don't go you're seen to not be making an effort. The bonus structure is nowhere near as rewarding or motivating as a commission structure.

4 people found this review helpful

PageGroup Response

Beverley Nicholas, Regional Talent Director

Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry to read that you did not find your role fulfilling. We do appreciate that the pressures of working in any sales environment may not be for everyone, as it is a strong performance-based culture. However, we do provide exceptional training to ensure that employees are fully equipped to be successful in their role. We encourage and support a healthy work-life balance through the ability to work from home, flexible and dynamic working. We pride ourselves on our values and culture as they are an important part of working for PageGroup; they are reflected in everything we do, in all of our offices. We have five values that have always contributed to our success; take pride, be passionate, never give up, work as a team and make it fun.

4. 2.0
      Former Employee

Not the best recruitment agecny

Aug 24, 2020 - Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Interview was relatively easy

Cons

- Don't feel they are an honest company to work for - Different salaries for same position - Working hours are different to what's in the contract - Employee retention is very low

5. 5.0

Great workplace

Jun 27, 2020 - Recruiter in Sheffield, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Brilliant environment Thorough and high quality training

Cons

Long working hours for all staff

PageGroup Response

Beverley Nicholas, Regional Talent Director

We are so please to hear that you had a wonderful experience while at PageGroup and enjoyed our high-quality training, it is something we certainly pride ourselves on. We continue to improve based on feedback from our employee engagement surveys and firmly believe in a high performance, high trust environment which focuses on output as opposed to the hours that people work. We are very proud of our dynamic and flexible working which enables our employees to have a work-life balance.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to start corporate life

Aug 15, 2019 - Associate Director in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

I had a fantastic 4 years here. Great career trajectory and you have tangible targets to get promoted. Met some life long friends. Pay is very good. This was my first corporate role and its great they give opportunities to those with no/limited experience. Some fantastic incentives - went on two 5 star rewards trips in Asia.

Cons

Pretty long working hours, though flexibility was being introduced when I left. ´Phone time´ was a ridiculous KPI which made no sense when measuring results. Because everyone starts at the bottom, certain senior members have spent their entire career here, meaning they are quite tunnel-visioned. There is some bad blood when you leave which is unnecessary, in particular from the MD.

7. 5.0

Excellent Sales Job With Awesome Training and Company Culture

Oct 30, 2019 - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Exceptional training and development programs for new starters and managers - Great leaders and mentors across the business that are there to help - Company culture is awesome - hiring is made strategically based on team dynamics and structures - Flexible working hours provided to those who earn it - Merit based promotions, not tenure - Office location is central Financial District - Competitive salary with lucrative bonuses for the hard workers - 4 weeks vacation plus RRSP match, good benefits - Early finish Fridays

Cons

- 8:00AM - 6:00pm standard working hours - Bonus is not guaranteed

8. 3.0
      Former Employee

Work life balance could be improved for support functions

Sep 3, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great welfare benefits covered under a insurance program. Annual leave is also more than sufficient. Open culture, colleagues are generally nice.

Cons

Long working hours especially for support functions, no work life balance. Back office typically viewed as 2nd class citizens.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Senior Consultant

May 10, 2019 - Senior Consultant in Mumbai
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent learning and exposure for sales Job involves interacting and negotiating with C level executives Above industry standard fixed pay Potential to earn 4+ lacs in bonus every year above fixed pay

Cons

Long working hours 10+ hours easy Cut throat internal sales environment

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great training ground/ bad employee engagement

Jun 16, 2019 - Consultant in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

They are great at training consultants with Zero experinece

Cons

Working hours and KPIs are crazy, hence Zero quaterly bonus if you don't hit 90K per quarter unless your manager fight for it

Viewing 1 - 10 of 64 Reviews