PageUp Reviews | Glassdoor

PageUp Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2019

Found 38 reviews

3.9
PageUp CEO Mark Rice (no image)
Mark Rice

"Dynamic, challenging and full of opportunity."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

I have been working at PageUp full-time for more than a year

Pros

Small company in the midst of expansion. It's a good mix of culture and career opportunity, where you're encouraged to learn and develop.

Cons

The salary and benefits don't really compare to some of the bigger competitors. It can also be hard to get the right support in a smaller company.

Advice to Management

Due to the expansion of new leaders, it can sometimes feel like there are managers who are out of touch with the real core of the company.

PageUp2016-03-12

March 15, 2016Talent Manager

Thanks for the stellar review. We'd really like to explore the cons and advice areas in more depth, drop the details into your next Cultureamp survey or if you're feeling courageous (and fancy a gab) then drop some time into Deb's diary!

"Autonomous teams"

Current Employee - Technical Advisor in Melbourne

I have been working at PageUp full-time for more than a year

Pros

Teams work autonomously, they own their own processes and technology decisions. We're encouraged to adopt new technology or innovate to better solve problems. Developers have the opportunity to choose their own mentors and managers. PageUp is a great example of Agile in action.

Cons

There's so much interesting stuff to work on there's not enough time to get involved in it all. If you need clear structure / strategy to be handed to you then you may struggle in this environment that looks for all staff to be thought leaders.

PageUp2016-02-04

February 7, 2016Talent Manager

Thanks for providing a review, we are very proud of our Agile culture so it is great to read that experience is lived!

"Awesome place to work! 5 stars!"

in Melbourne

I have been working at PageUp

Pros

- Employees are trusted to make judgements and decisions and take calculated risks without going through lengthy approvals and through many layers of hierarchy. New dev grads are even trusted with end-to-end access to deployment if the team in onboard! - Tune Ups / Hackathons which encourage everyone to trial the craziest most innovative new idea they can come up with (and take risks) to make us stand out from... the competition - and it actually gets done! - Flexible working/ virtual freelancing! - we can get involved in secondments and different projects at any time to upskill and cross skill - Entire departments being given the option to choose their own manager - Development opportunities upwards/ cross functionally or internationally - Fun events, social get togethers, collaboration, friends and fun at work

Cons

We are still growing fast and have a lot of change ahead but that's why PUP employees are agile and like adapting to change!

PageUp2016-02-03

February 7, 2016Talent Manager

We so appreciate your time to review your working experience with us, it is very rewarding to read that you have embraced so many of the things we do, many of them developed by our employees.

4. "PageUp - The place to be ..."

Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at PageUp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have never worked in such an inclusive and client focused organisation such as PageUp. If you want to work 9 - 5 or 5 - 9 the options are endless but you need to drive change off your own back as change doesn't happen without some effort on your on behalf. Not many companies have a direct line of sight to the CEO - but stop Karen in the hallway and she will always make the time to chat and provide insights /... feedback or guidance

Cons

Limited opportunities in certain areas of the company but management are always open to new ideas / role as along as there is return to customers and the company

Advice to Management

Sometimes knowledge is power and some feel that passing on information can be letting go of this power but over all the monthly "Town Halls" are a great way to ask questions and get updates

PageUp2016-02-03

February 7, 2016Talent Manager

Excellent advice and something we are working on is that knowledge dissemination - if you have any ideas on this front (I think you know what to do!) share them. Thanks for taking time to review - you rock!

"Don't waste your time"

I worked at PageUp full-time

Pros

Flexible working arrangements, international reach, mobility opportunities, friendly team.

Cons

Good work is rarely acknowledged unless you're in the dev team. You have to blow your own trumpet if you want any sort of recognition. Management will keep note of everything you do and use it against you if they don't like you. They are not afraid to push you out the door in the most unethical ways. CEO is uninspiring and company values are false. This is not a 'Great Place to Work'.

Advice to Management

You will not instill values and company goals by forcing employees to learn them by heart.

PageUp2016-02-04

February 7, 2016Talent Manager

We know we don't always get things right but reading this does devastate us. Obviously this is not the experience we have been working so hard to cultivate. We hope your next workplace is the right fit for you.

"Very disappointing; don't believe the hype!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

I worked at PageUp full-time for less than a year

Pros

The only thing I can think of is that they allow you to work from home at times.

Cons

This company does not deserve a 1 star rating, let alone to be in the top 50 companies in to work for, according to BRW. I had a horrible experience working in the executive team. My work and feedback in my area of expertise was largely set aside by Senior Management - why did they hire me in the first place? In addition to that there was large component of micro-management. This company is very set in their ways... and is by no means innovative as they say they are. I’ve worked for many companies in the past, and have never had to deal with this level of dysfunction and poor management.

Advice to Management

Learn to trust your staff rather than micro-managing them.

PageUp2014-11-19

November 25, 2014Talent Manager

We were saddened to read that your personal experience was negative. We work extremely hard on creating a culture where our people are respected, supported and encouraged to be the best they can be, however we do acknowledge that this environment is not for everyone, so we appreciate ...

"Growing, Agile Flexible Company"

Current Employee - People Leader

I have been working at PageUp full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

PageUp has always been and remains a family friendly, flexible organisation that respects and values it's employees. Over the last 6 months particularly the leaders in the business have encouraged empowerment and courageous behaviour from all employees. It’s fast paced environment means that PageUp can continual innovate their products and take them to market while getting daily feedback from their user base. ... There is a high degree of respect, fun and humour among team members. There are also few organisations where the CEO welcomes you to pick up the phone and call them if you find roadblocks in driving success in your business unit.

Cons

All companies have their challenges and PageUp is no exception. I would say the key piece is getting consistent communication in an Agile organisation that moves rapidly is one of the largest challenges and a work in progress in the right direction.

PageUp2014-09-12
  8. "Excelente CEO"

Current Employee - Ingeniero de software sénior
    (Translated from English)

I have been working at PageUp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Buena cultura de empresa, empoderamiento de la dirección y clientes y proyectos interesantes.

Cons

Usan tecnologías obsoletas (en 2013, quizás ahora han cambiado)

PageUp2016-12-15

April 2, 2017Talent Manager

Really appreciate the fact that you took the time to provide us with your feedback. Thank you.

Found 38 reviews