PagerDuty Reviews | Glassdoor

PagerDuty CEO Jennifer Tejada
Jennifer Tejada

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "The company is growing at rapid speeds, so sometimes you'll find yourself stuck or overwhelmed" (in 7 reviews)

• "We are experiencing huge growth and with that comes growing pains" (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best culture of any company I've worked for..."

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time

Pros

Get to work with super-smart + passionate individuals. GSD culture in Engineering. Very supportive peers.

Guilt-free culture. If you are feeling sick and need to take a day off or work remotely, you can do that guilt-free. Within Engineering, most teams are split between SF, Toronto, and remote folks. It's very easy to WFH when you like, and there's a culture of trust.

Large enough to find like-minded folks interested in things you are interested in... There's a slack channel for almost any hobby/interest you can think of. Communities within PD meet weekly for random things like tea tasting, meditation, yoga, etc.

Leadership is fully committed to and gets Agile, not just within Engineering, but across the org.

Leadership is fully committed to diversity and creating a safe environment to be one's authentic self.

Cons

Lots of autonomy. You won't be told what to do. Some folks may be so used to being micromanaged that they are uncomfortable in an environment where they're in control of their own destiny + growth.

PD is growing so fast, it's easy to overcommit yourself. Going back to autonomy / being in control of one's destiny... It's important to know what your own boundaries are and creating a healthy work/life balance is up to you.

Advice to Management

PagerDuty is changing fast, feels like a new company every 6 months. Let's retain what's important to us + what makes us special as we continue to scale + grow.

Let's add 401k matching ASAP.

Let's look for interns at more than one university.

"Amazing company"

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

PagerDuty is really a rare bird. They genuinely care about their employees and customer relationships. They work diligently to build complex, highly skilled teams and work to partner with customers. So many companies focus on the sale and forget the real value which is the relationship. Likewise, they are focused on truly developing their staff. Not in a "check the box" way, but in a very genuine way. Absolutely the best company I have worked for. Very innovative and open to challenging the norm.

Cons

Typical growing pains of figuring out how to organize through rapid growth, but they are managing it well with very smart people.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Focus on true partnership with customers and they will stay loyal.

"Great for a logo on your resume, bad for growth"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at PagerDuty full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PD is growing quickly and getting lots of press and attention. It's a nice company to have on your resume.

The company's making big strides in social good.

Cons

Big, big cons with working at PagerDuty.
    1. Management isn't interested in helping people grow. With such a high turnover, it's difficult to have managers for full review cycles, which are required for your bonuses and promotions. Someone needs to fight for you for such to happen and it doesn't.
    2. Even if you get a good starting salary, don't expect it to grow much at all after that. Raises are tiny.
    3. A number of departments are riddled with politics. The culture of politics (and nepotism) has grown at a significantly higher rate than other parts of the company. Some guise this as "growing pains" -- more accurately, it's poor management.

I would not recommend PagerDuty, especially in the following depts: finance, marketing, business operations, analytics, customer support.

"truly a dream company to work for"

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time

Pros

* High investment in employees e.g. career architecture programs
    * Fantastic ERGs (SisterDuty, RainbowDuty, etc.)
    * Led by an amazing female CEO (Jennifer Tejada)
    * Strong emphasis on Diversity & Inclusion initiatives (partnerships with various bootcamps such as Hackbright Academy and Code2040)
    * Product itself is unparalleled in the industry

Cons

* High growth company, so still trying to scale the workforce accordingly e.g. onboarding, cross-functional team processes

"The culture is riddled with hypocrisy"

I worked at PagerDuty full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast growth, great coworkers, solid product, on-site lunches

Cons

The culture is riddled with hypocrisy. In here, the measure of success is measured differently for a few people. If you are not one of the "liked' individuals, who get picked up for monthly awards which have no transparency, then expect to be treated poorly. Contrary to what the company's annual goals wants you to believe, the managers do not care about your career development.

Advice to Management

Have a more transparent culture. Culture is defined by inclusive behavior, compensation, promotions, and terminations.

"Best part is feeling like we're all family."

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone works together to create the best streamline of workflow. You'll always have someone on your back anytime you're stuck. Continuous support from team leaders and well managed atmosphere to keep your days delightful.

Cons

The company is growing at rapid speeds, so sometimes you'll find yourself stuck or overwhelmed. Although, this almost always gets overshadowed from the Pros written above.

Advice to Management

Listen, Learn, Lead. We're all in it to win it.

"Best places to work!"

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company walks the talk when they put people first! Every employee and leadership embodies our values and ways of working. There is also a great appreciation for diversity here. For a company of our size, I'm amazed by the inclusion and diversity initiatives we are working towards.

Cons

More of a challenge - scaling our processes as we expand

"Fast growing company"

I worked at PagerDuty full-time

Pros

Future thinkers and a company that takes great effort in diversity and inclusion.

Cons

Weak equity and low-market salary offerings. No 401k match.

"Awesome Place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PagerDuty has great leadership, a wonderful culture where it feels like management is really trying to help their employees succeed. People are smart and collaborative and the product is great. PD's focus on customer shows its roadmap is focused and its customers are loyal. It's growth both as a company makes it an exciting place to work.

Cons

Its not perfect - things are changing rapidly and process falls behind the growth. So it's easy to feel underwater and overwhelmed.

Advice to Management

Keep listening and keep helping your people. You are on the right track.

"Amazing place to work"

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture: very friendly and collaborative, get-stuff-done attitude. Great leadership team that keep eyes on the prize.

Cons

Can't think of any yet.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!