KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Technical Account Manager

62 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great team spirit and culture.(in 43 reviews)
  • "The people here are smart, friendly, and always willing to help each other out.(in 34 reviews)
  • "PagerDuty has a fun atmosphere and everyone gets along well.(in 18 reviews)
  • "Good work life balance.(in 18 reviews)
  • "On top of all that there's great benefits, a fully stocked kitchen, catered lunch everyday, and lots of social activities inside and outside the office.(in 18 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of PagerDuty and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place

Jun 9, 2022 - Senior Sales Enablement Manager in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company, culture, executive team seems to genuinely care about their employees welfare. collaborative culture hardworking culture

Cons

Dreaded growing pains of fast growing company

2. 4.0

Great Company to work for

Jul 22, 2022 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Compensation, Culture, Work life balance, People, Leadership,

Cons

None, highly talented teams that support the sales efforts.

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

A good company that thinks they are an amazing company.

Jul 2, 2022 - Solutions Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Compensation is in line with the tech industry. Wellness Days and 'Hibernation Duty' weeks are ahead of industry norms. Commercial sales leadership and teams are excellent, and the product is well suited for this market. The product is good, and has a great deal of value for many customers.

Cons

There is an over-emphasis on Diversity, Inclusion and Equity to the point that it is a distraction in all-hands meetings and has deleterious effects in team planning and recruiting. It is counterproductive and making the company less diverse in unintended ways. (Example: The mascot 'Pagey' uses they/them pronouns. The fact that a mascot has preferred pronouns should tell you everything you need to know.) Other reviewers have correctly commented on the heavy influx of SFDC management, which has created an executive 'in-crowd' of those who have recently arrived, made some bad decisions that have eroded the culture of the organization, then pat themselves on the back for 30% YoY growth that was initiated by other people's hard work two years prior. This has crowded out experienced leadership that brought PD through the IPO period to the detriment of the organization. The company desperately wants to think of themselves as scrappy and in late start-up mode, but this is very much not the case. They are very slow to move on product advances, are highly siloed in communications among departments, and new executives are free to eliminate entire job functions while parroting "People First" slogans. This is a good company that believes they are an amazing company. Although great for executive talking points at kick-off meetings and CNBC appearances, the gap in intellectual honesty is preventing these same executives from effective assessments about the performance and direction of the company.

5 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0

Great Company w/ Mid-Late Startup Feel

Jun 6, 2022 - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- competitive compensation - top notch dei stewardship - top notch community stewardship - female CEO - wellness days - bulk holiday weeks off (july, december) - excellent compensation structure for sales / cs

Cons

- lack of a strong pmo presence in the entire organization -> this leads to less accountability even in an ack & own culture - not a lot of cross-functional collaboration visible across the board - current pmo within professional services lacks organizational leadership - lacks user-based scaled research/data around industry best practices, instead uses case studies as one-off examples (product also lacks consistent UI/UX as well, despite being easy to use) - no 4 day work week / no flex PTO / not truly global remote (limited days out of country) - take OKR strategies and performance reviews to the next level -> individual roadmaps for careers within PD -> hunter, gather, and helping each other in terms of career trajectories -> really no formalized upleveling strategy at this point in time, very barebones performance review structure

1 person found this review helpful

PagerDuty Response

Thank you for your candid feedback and comments on your experience at PagerDuty, I agree the culture of our company is what enables us to have a competitive advantage in the market. We are going through exciting changes and your advice is extremely important to us to ensure we are fostering a successful and productive workplace for our employees. We appreciate your feedback on how we’re doing and intend to continue taking action on feedback like this, and providing transparent communication across the business. Thank you!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Career Growth with the Customer Success team

Jun 6, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

PagerDuty continues to be a great place to grow your career. Personally, I really enjoyed working in the Customer Success org. - the energy, collaboration, and team-oriented vibe made me feel at home, supported, and confident that we could tackle any challenges. With this foundation, the CS org. also encouraged creativity and autonomy, and provided valuable coaching, all of which helped me grow tremendously in the role, acquiring skills that would apply to any position. And, when I eventually became interested in making a career change, the Customer Success org. again was there to support my career goals, discuss them with me, and encourage stretch roles to gain additional skills. Ultimately, with their support, I was able to move internally to a completely new role within a completely different department. I wasn't the exception either, I had and have seen others in the CS org. and beyond make similar career changes as well - it's a testament to the Customer Success group's (and PagerDuty's) focus on its people (and the people themselves), which is one of the company's biggest strengths and why I really enjoy working here.

Cons

None right now - this isn't to say people find nothing wrong with the org., but I feel like management attempts to be as tuned in as possible to what the employees are saying, and is action-oriented, even if the results won't be seen for some time given the complexity of the issue. For those reasons, I don't have much to say for cons at the moment.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing culture! Growing company!

Jun 6, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love the culture and the people at PagerDuty. We all run together and have a collaborative healthy environment. We also have great products and add a ton of value to our customers. I also appreciate the work/life balance here - monthly Wellness Days, a Wellness Week, plus Hibernation Duty, all on top of PTO. I'm very happy to be a part of such a great company and excited to see how much we grow!

Cons

Honestly, I don't have any.

PagerDuty Response

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with feedback. It’s rewarding to hear not only recognize the major actions we’re taking to not only remain a leader in Digital Operations, but also to ensure we have the talent and workplace culture to sustain that position. We appreciate your feedback on how we’re doing and look forward to continue to grow our company with our Dutonians! Thanks, again!

7. 1.0
    Former Employee

Negative reviews magically disappear - stock price disappoints too

Jun 29, 2022 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Not many these days. This is a whole new place and Salesforce people are just running the company into the ground because it’s their last rodeo before early retirement.

Cons

See pros. Yup. Scroll back up

4 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0

Great Culture and Place to Work

Apr 21, 2022 - Enterprise Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people, particularly management, genuinely care for each other. I've worked at the big software companies before who claim to have an "ohana" but in reality it was a turn and burn shop. This is a great company to build your career at. They've got the tools and they've got the talent to take it to the next level. Also, the comp plans are ridiculous so you can make a ton of money here.

Cons

The days of low hanging fruit are over in the enterprise space so if you are looking to just coast in and not do actual selling and prospecting pick another company.

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0

Great place to work

Apr 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to grow a career. The leadership is great at allowing you to easily pursue interests within the company

Cons

None that I can think of.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company with a great future

Apr 20, 2022 - Technical Support Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Remote work with the option to attend an office if located near you. - Competitive salary - Great benefits - including Wellness Days (Monthly) and 2 weeks of paid time off (hibernation duty during July and December) - Great culture

Cons

A lot to learn about the organization/how things work using PagerDuty. Best practice is to get an account and learn/use it yourself.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 291 Reviews
</>Embed

PagerDuty Reviews FAQs

PagerDuty has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 316 reviews left anonymously by employees. 88% of employees would recommend working at PagerDuty to a friend and 81% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, PagerDuty employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at PagerDuty. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

88% of PagerDuty employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated PagerDuty 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at PagerDuty to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be compensation, management.

Popular Careers with PagerDuty Job Seekers