Paladin Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 20, 2017

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kevin Corsi

"Paladin - a progressive company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valley View, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valley View, OH

I have been working at Paladin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paladin is Team concept employer. This is not only identified in our company culture but displayed thru the various team building activities that Paladin provides to all of its employees, from top management to office employees, to the field technicians and warehouse personel. For example, in the past year, we have had a corn-hole tournament (winners received big screen tvs), outing to the Indians games, go-carting experience, kickball tournament (with cash prizes), breakfast for the technicians cooked by the managers, tons of cookouts, ice cream socials, and a fully catered Holiday party with the works for entertainment for, not just the employees, but their families as well.

In all my years of working in corporate and non-corporate industries, this is the first employer I can honestly say cares about ALL of its employees. We are offered 5 medical benefits to choose from (how many employers offer that?), vision, dental, disability, and 401k match. Office employees have perks such as flex-time schedules, casual dress code (jeans allowed), and compressed workweeks. Paladin is family-friendly and understanding of family issues that might arise. We have had times when emergencies or family issues came up and moms had brought their children in to the office for several hours. How many employers allow that?

Whether you are in management or non-management, everyone is treated fairly, by the same set of standards and rules, and held accountable for doing their job well and on a timely basis. There are numerous opportunities for employees to be promoted from within and even cross departments. Many positions are offered from within before hiring outside. In fact, when a job opportunity is available, many employees refer people to Paladin, because we know first-hand what a great place we work at. How many employers can you say that about?

We all get along, work hard to do a great job every time, laugh and play together. We are ONE team with One common goal.

Cons

For me the commute is long, but my boss allows me to work from home during bad weather days!

Advice to Management

Paladin currently has a great core of managers with different management styles but fantastic leaders and coaches.

2. "Culture Change for the Good"

Current Employee - Wish to Stay Anonymous in Valley View, OH
    Current Employee - Wish to Stay Anonymous in Valley View, OH

I have been working at Paladin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Senior Management allows Department Managers to run their own departments with little supervision. Trust has been given to us to lead our teams and it allows us to work towards the goals and vision we have all agreed upon. Culture over the last 3 years has done a complete 180. Employee retention is fantastic and many employees have been promoted from within.

Cons

Not really a CON but something to list would be the amount of work compared to how many employees we have. Business is growing rapidly and we see that staff additions are needed. Senior Management has already addressed this early on and numerous employees have been added since then. If you are in the industry and looking for a fast growing employer, give us a call!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Things are working and working very well. A change in culture starts from the top and the change is noticeable.

"Run, don't walk."

Former Employee - AV Estimator/Systems Design Engineer in Valley View, OH
    Former Employee - AV Estimator/Systems Design Engineer in Valley View, OH

Pros

Hard to list any pros other than a few quality employees in the Project management and Installation areas.

Cons

A terrible work culture, wish is guided by intimidation and blame. Racism runs a muck here, shocking worst at the top most level.

Advice to Management

Get educated and quit fearing those that have more knowledge than yourselves.

"Unsatisfactory employment experience with Paladin Protective Systems"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valley View, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valley View, OH

I worked at Paladin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No pros to report, company is very disorganized.

Cons

Very high turnover of workforce both in the office staff and technical staffing, approximately 25% turnover. Management is very unorganized and unwilling to embark into new technology or consider new ideas to streamline processes. The company ownership does not want to change and the software systems do not integrate, information has to be data entered into 2-3 different systems. Management is unwilling to update their computer systems and inventory tracking systems.

Advice to Management

Upgrade systems and implement strategic planning. Be the boss and not the friend to your employees.

6. "Fire safety specialist"

Pros

I am not sure . It was close to home. They have decent benefits and team building for the " club".

Cons

There are two bases of power. If you are working in the office and part of the management "club" you are probably OK. If you are a field tech , you can NEVER be in the "club". This place has a revolving door of employment. Very high stress. Some good employees, a lot of snakes.

Advice to Management

Why ? They wouldn't listen.?

Paladin Response

Mar 20, 2017 – Human Resources

Thanks for the feedback. Management at Paladin is committed to creating a top notch work environment for all of our employees, office employees and field technicians, so we are disappointed to hear ... More