Palisades Mediagroup Reviews

Updated Feb 26, 2021

Found 15 of over 15 reviews

3.8
Palisades Mediagroup Owner/CEO Roger Schaffner (no image)
Roger Schaffner
  1. 5.0
    Former Intern

Learned so much

Aug 21, 2019 - Digital Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Atmosphere in the office

Cons

Not always something for the interns to work on

2. 4.0

Learned a lot

Feb 26, 2021 - Assistant Planner in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Small boutique agency means you have to know everything and be nimble. This is advantageous for starting out in the industry.

Cons

Small boutique agency also means smaller clients so the scale of campaigns are not as big and you could be missing out on learning.

3. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Experience

Feb 1, 2021 - Assistant Strategist in Santa Monica, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good experience and friendly staff

Cons

They do not pay the best

4. 2.0

Overall Good Culture, Overall Bad Training

Jan 14, 2020 - Const Manager/Supt in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Comparatively this company had good work/life balance and they implemented summer Fridays which is when you can use up to 4 Fridays to take off or leave early. They were also closed on bank holidays. For the most part, easy people to work with and connect with even outside the office.

Cons

I was originally hired as a trainee but I went through 3 different supervisors in less than a year so my training was either never really complete or abrupted on several occasions due to internal politics. This is why I will say that with my position and minimal experience, I felt a lot of pressure working with a very lean team. With that being said, they also rarely give title promotions or pay increases.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work, and would recommend to anyone looking to get into Advertising

May 13, 2019 - Digital Media Planner
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Environment. All the people that work there are trying to help you learn, and most importantly are patient in you getting up to speed with all the responsibilities that come with the position.

Cons

Industry as a whole doesn't pay much.

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Former Employee

Went well

Mar 31, 2019 - Assistant Media Planner
    Business Outlook

Pros

I loved Palisades Media Group, the people there are fantastic.

Cons

Nothing! I loved every second.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good Agency

Mar 17, 2019 - Associate Media Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

People, Culture, Nice Office Space

Cons

Small accounts, high turnover

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

A great company only getting better!

Aug 25, 2016 - Assistant Digital Media Planner in Santa Monica, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am currently finishing my internship program and I couldn’t be happier with my experience at Palisades Media. Palisades has everything I can ask for in a company, the dynamic work environment, countless learning opportunities and my teammates are always more than willing to take time out of their busy schedules to help me have a better understanding of industry concepts and all of the processes that come with working in digital advertising. Being that this was my first experience working in Media; the learning curve was large to say the least. There were times where I would worry about prioritizing tasks correctly or if I was going to finish a project by a certain deadline, but whenever this occurred my supervisor would assure me that she is never going to let me fail and that if I’m trying my hardest and asking questions along the way, than I was doing the right thing. My expectations were completely surpassed during this short amount of time and I can’t wait to use everything I have learned to contribute as much as humanly possible to an agency that has invested so much into my professional development.

Cons

Too many smart and outgoing individuals.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

The BEST company I've worked for by far!!!

May 5, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Having worked in the advertising business for over 25 years, I have truly seen it all! I'm happy to have spent the last 14 years of my career here at Palisades MediaGroup. In my experience Palisades has been the epitome of what a true boutique shop represents and values, employees of vast backgrounds showcasing unique perspectives as independent thinkers, visionaries, and fearless leaders. This essence of Palisades to utilize our talent as individuals and a team has allowed me to continue thinking outside the box; strengthened my growth within our community garnering valuable relationships and lasting partnerships. And lastly but certainly not least, having direct access to our CEO Roger Schaffner all of these years, has always been a phenomenon!

Cons

Is it a con to have too many talent individuals working for one company?

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Bad for digital and creative employees, good for traditional media employees

Mar 12, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Clients are worth putting on your resume. - Good opportunity to get traditional media agency experience. - The actual office itself is nice, the Water Garden building is very pleasant. - It's common and expected to have direct interactions with the owner and upper management at all employee levels. - A majority of the employees are very talented and give good opportunities for learning and personal skill growth.

Cons

- This agency is not "digital first", most of the revenue comes from traditional media, and as a result that's where most of the priorities go internally, often leaving digital employees scratching their heads. They sell digital because clients want digital, but are very hesitant to invest in building these teams. - They don't have a firm infrastructure to service important "new" digital channels for clients, the social media team and search marketing team have seen crazy turnover as a result, sometimes every quarter leading a new team. - They're very slow with raises and promotions, some people going 4+ years without upward movement.

3 people found this review helpful