Palisades Mediagroup Reviews | Glassdoor

Palisades Mediagroup Reviews

Updated Jan 14, 2020

3.9
Palisades Mediagroup Owner/CEO Roger Schaffner (no image)
Roger Schaffner
  1. "Learned so much"

Former Intern - Digital Intern

I worked at Palisades Mediagroup

Pros

Great Atmosphere in the office

Cons

Not always something for the interns to work on

Palisades Mediagroup2019-08-22
  2. "Overall Good Culture, Overall Bad Training"

Former Employee - Const Manager/Supt in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Palisades Mediagroup full-time for more than a year

Pros

Comparatively this company had good work/life balance and they implemented summer Fridays which is when you can use up to 4 Fridays to take off or leave early. They were also closed on bank holidays. For the most part, easy people to work with and connect with even outside the office.

Cons

I was originally hired as a trainee but I went through 3 different supervisors in less than a year so my training was either never really complete or abrupted on several occasions due to internal politics. This is why I will say that with my position and minimal experience, I felt a lot of pressure working with a very lean team. With that being said, they also rarely give title promotions or pay increases.

Palisades Mediagroup2020-01-15

"Great place to work, and would recommend to anyone looking to get into Advertising"

Current Employee - Digital Media Planner

I have been working at Palisades Mediagroup full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Environment. All the people that work there are trying to help you learn, and most importantly are patient in you getting up to speed with all the responsibilities that come with the position.

Cons

Industry as a whole doesn't pay much.

Palisades Mediagroup2019-05-14
  4. "Went well"

Former Employee - Assistant Media Planner

I worked at Palisades Mediagroup part-time

Pros

I loved Palisades Media Group, the people there are fantastic.

Cons

Nothing! I loved every second.

Palisades Mediagroup2019-04-01
  5. "Good Agency"

Current Employee - Associate Media Director

I have been working at Palisades Mediagroup full-time

Pros

People, Culture, Nice Office Space

Cons

Small accounts, high turnover

Palisades Mediagroup2019-03-17
  6. "Your Typical Media Agency"

I have been working at Palisades Mediagroup

Pros

Competitive salary, nice people. Upper management cares about their teams. Good client roster. Growth opps.

Cons

Per the title, typical agency; competitive, money driven, mismanaged groups based on inexperience and lack of creativity.

Palisades Mediagroup2018-06-12

"The BEST company I've worked for by far!!!"

I have been working at Palisades Mediagroup full-time for less than a year

Pros

Having worked in the advertising business for over 25 years, I have truly seen it all! I'm happy to have spent the last 14 years of my career here at Palisades MediaGroup. In my experience Palisades has been the epitome of what a true boutique shop represents and values, employees of vast backgrounds showcasing unique perspectives as independent thinkers, visionaries, and fearless leaders. This essence of Palisades to utilize our talent as individuals and a team has allowed me to continue thinking outside the box; strengthened my growth within our community garnering valuable relationships and lasting partnerships. And lastly but certainly not least, having direct access to our CEO Roger Schaffner all of these years, has always been a phenomenon!

Cons

Is it a con to have too many talent individuals working for one company?

Palisades Mediagroup2017-05-05

"Do Not Work Here"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Palisades Mediagroup full-time for less than a year

Pros

the benefits are ok, the pay is decent, sometimes you get free lunches

Cons

The turnover rate is huge as clients don't get the results they are promised and end up leaving. During my tenure, I saw three major clients drop and at least seven people quite or get laid off. As a result, they are always short staffed and digital has to work over 8 hours per day on a regular basis, without any additional pay or benefits. They had to downsize their operation to a smaller office because of this as well. Decisions regarding clients are made based on internal company politics as opposed to numbers or ROI. As a result, the decisions made lack common sense. They spend client budgets just to make commissions, rather than to generate ROI. Upper management is shady and does not tell the full truth to employees. They are not open about how well the business is going.

Palisades Mediagroup2017-04-28

"Bad for digital and creative employees, good for traditional media employees"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Palisades Mediagroup full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Clients are worth putting on your resume. - Good opportunity to get traditional media agency experience. - The actual office itself is nice, the Water Garden building is very pleasant. - It's common and expected to have direct interactions with the owner and upper management at all employee levels. - A majority of the employees are very talented and give good opportunities for learning and personal skill growth.

Cons

- This agency is not "digital first", most of the revenue comes from traditional media, and as a result that's where most of the priorities go internally, often leaving digital employees scratching their heads. They sell digital because clients want digital, but are very hesitant to invest in building these teams. - They don't have a firm infrastructure to service important "new" digital channels for clients, the social media team and search marketing team have seen crazy turnover as a result, sometimes every quarter leading a new team. - They're very slow with raises and promotions, some people going 4+ years without upward movement.

Palisades Mediagroup2017-03-12

"Potential Ruined by Upper Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Palisades Mediagroup full-time

Pros

- Great People ( at the non upper management level) - Cool office - Good culture (for non upper management and below)

Cons

- Horrible hours for digital folks - Treat you like robots not like humans with feelings and emotions - As it's a small agency, they don't give a hoot about you at all - it's all about the client - Upper-Management doesn't want to hear you out or listen to any complaints - No one cares about you on the Upper-Management level. You are disposable to them. They give not one care about you.

Palisades Mediagroup2016-11-08