Pall Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Pall President Jennifer Honeycutt
Jennifer Honeycutt

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great company with very good work/life balance, but it really depends on a manager (in 9 reviews)

• Large Corporation, competitive salaries and good benefits (in 15 reviews)

1. "Be careful"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Port Richey, FL

I have been working at Pall full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Salary and knowledge that I am supporting the War Fighter.

Cons

Management overworks the employees in excess, and I mean 60 to 70 hours. Also, you will be put in compromising positions which are direct violation of the Business Ethics policies. "Catch 22"

Advice to Management

Read and follow your own policies. Sooner or later DCMA, DCAA or the Customers will catch on.

2. "No Real Accountability"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I worked at Pall full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Pay. Excellent Intranet. Business model was inspiring. Awesome recruiting team. Local HR was a true sweetheart. Young minds with fresh ideas and enthusiasm .

Cons

Few if any people of color in management. Openly racist/sexist practices. No true accountability, just organized fingerpointing sessions. Scapegoat mentality. Will actually fabricate a story to cover their own bad choices, no matter who it hurts.

Advice to Management

Take a good look how people of color are treated in your company. They always appear to be the first to go.

"Beware o f Pall - they never pay for Interview Expenses."

Former Employee - Principal Scientist in Westborough, MA
    Former Employee - Principal Scientist in Westborough, MA

Pros

Nothing is positive in this company. Horrible experience. Sales agents are cocky, so are come Principal Engineers. Worked on-site with some staff, Jesus Christ! Senior Scientists in Cell culture sounded like high school pass outs! have no knowledge of what they are doing, no product knowledge whatsoever.

Cons

I was called in for an on-site interview from outside US, they made me pay all my interview expenses - flights, hotel, car rental, meals. But when i submitted my receipts for reimbursement to the HR woman from their NY head office who I had been dealing with for 1.5 months, she went deaf and blind, and never replied. Its been over a year that I am trying to get my reimbursement. I had contacted so many HR people in this company, but no one has the decency to return my calls nor reply to my emails. Awfully low standard company, and I am so glad I was not hired - who knows I would never have gotten paid, if hired! I feel pity for all the employees of Pall Corp and now Danaher, who has no other choice but to work for such a horribly managed company. Employees whine about Danaher acquisition - because now they have to actually work and not just sit in their offices doing nothing!
    Overly hyped and overrated for their substandard services, highly unprofessional Human Resources. Funny thing is they show themselves so high at whatever conference to see them at - reality is they treat people horribly.

Advice to Management

Fire your HR staff, especially NY and Boston, they dont deserve to be called professionals. Don't lie to interviewees that you'll reimburse all the expenses and when you decide not to hire, then you make autocratic decision of not reimbursing the interviewee. Absolutely preposterous! Very Trump-istic move! You all must be embarrassed of yourselves as human beings talking advantage of other human beings. HORRIBLE. I laugh at how they boast their culture and values! Sheer hypocrites!!

"Only a paycheck"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Port Richey, FL

I have been working at Pall full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I liked my co-workers and immediate supervisor.

Cons

Upper management throws around buzz words and instructions like "state of the art" "center of excellence" "own it" "drive the bus" etc. but then micromanage. They are inconsistent with their expectations and thus they rarely satisfied.

Advice to Management

If you really expect to improve the morale, consider retiring. Many of you have been there so long you are completely out of touch with your employees. Stop wasting time and money on employee surveys. The results are just skewed by middle management to appease you. The employees see this, but you don't.

"Company can't choose a path."

Current Employee - General Manager in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - General Manager in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Pall full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are some good people trying to make it work. Pall Corp does make money somehow.

Cons

The good people trying to make it work are overshadowed by:
    1. Too many people running out the clock with 2-5 years before retirement.
    2. Unsupportive upper management. Both old Pall and Danaher that pay lip service to fixing real problems but never dig in to find root cause or actually do anything other than buzz words.
    3. Middle and lower management are scared and only manage upward. They tend to over promise then push the hell out of everyone below with crazy timescales, unworkable ideas and try to do everything on the cheap. The goal is to look like a hero, but it always fails. Insert new manager with new grand idea and repeat.
    3.Ditch to ditch management style with constant turnover of upper management and idea's that go nowhere but down. Every new manager and idea only makes things worse, then they leave.
    3. Pall has a long history of low pay but expects high credentials and miracle results. So we get loaded with PhD and master's level dropouts that have never had a real job or couldnt hack it elesewhere. They get low pay for the credentials, so managers think they're getting a deal, but they get payed more than the appropriately credentialed group that is often more functional and carries the load. The useful people drop out of leave.

Advice to Management

I don't know and you wouldn't listen if I did. There's more than enough information on how to run a company. Danaher has some well run opcos. No reasonable person expects perfection. What we have now is just awfull. Even if your just milking the cow for its last dollar, it could be done better. Milk it dry or run it well. Choose path, start today. No better time than now.

"Worst Mismanagement ever seen"

Former Employee - Production Operator in Pensacola, FL
    Former Employee - Production Operator in Pensacola, FL

I worked at Pall (More than 10 years)

Pros

It's a job, You will save money because you never have time off to spend it, not because they pay anything.

Cons

BUGS, BUGS BUGS! So many you need one hand to swat them away while you try to work with the other. Actually had bug strips mounted on production lines, bugs getting in finished product to customer. Black mold on equipment. Complete lack of qualified employees, so greedy they will hire any BODY to fill a slot. Can't slow production, might affect management bonus. No sharing of wealth in this company. The 1%! No ethics, no morals, RETALIATION. Lack of management. One big ego contest, and not one of them has any reason for it. So intent on being the right one that no decision gets made. Complete lack of respect for employees, LIARS, will actually make up lies to blame employees for their incompetance. No maintenance to speak of. Duct tape, zip ties, and super glue. Be prepared to work 60-72 hour weeks because they won't make half the people do their job, or they can't do their job! So bad that they made the company picnic MANDATORY ATTENDANCE on company lawn to get anyone to show up. No advancement.

Advice to Management

The clowns are running the circus at this place. You need to clean house and start over. Including HR, she "would just rather plan events, I don't like any kind of conflict".

"Customer service"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Pall full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This job is a good stepping stone. Pall looks good on a your resume and pall has a lot of big customers you can start networking with.

Cons

Pall is owned by danaher who only focuses on numbers. Very little care for employees well being. The management is terrible. Very unorganized and highly unprofessional.

"Engineer"

Former Employee - Engineer in Westborough, MA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Westborough, MA

I worked at Pall full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

okay place to work, decent salary and opportunity to learn about the industry. Ideal place for beginner wanting some experience

Cons

Stay way from this place if you want to climb up the ladder. Pall is a place where management have little incentive to invest in your career advancement despite to what they claim.
    Besides biopharm, Pall investment are mostly short term.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs and give opportunities to junior employees. Promotions should not soly based on promoting European orgins

"Gone from Bad to Worst!"

Current Employee - Product Engineer in Port Washington, NY
    Current Employee - Product Engineer in Port Washington, NY

I have been working at Pall full-time

Pros

This company works is in spectrum that is quite needed for the society. Pall filtration and purification products have positively impacted people’s lives.

Cons

Pall’s inner culture is quite the contrary of their claims on customer’s first, valued-products, employee growth and engagement etc. I got various opportunities to get exposed to various departments, products and people. I got the chance to work with people who are genuinely interested in Pall’s growth and also folks who are extremely political, practice favoritism, over-promise and follow non-ethical behavior. It is important to clarify that my comments are only on the management and not at all on the company which Dr. Pall started with great passion. People were being promoted based on unknown reasons and certainly not due to their talent or passion. Other reason for random promotion was job-offer from other companies. It was clearly communicated that talent is available in the market so do question the management. An example of open power-play is indicated by this incident; a colleague was asked by their manager to apologize to an executive as the colleague raised concerns about the work culture in a meeting, which made the executive furious and blocked their promotion. After Pall’s acquisition by Danaher, a lot of folks started looking for jobs and those who got the opportunities left despite the offer of random promotion and salary hike. In fact, a recent engagement survey performed by Danaher showed low employee morale, disengagement, and opportunity to leave Pall. I always wondered how a company could advertise customer-first slogan if the employees, who are the first contact point to the customers, are treated with disrespect.

Advice to Management

I still have hopes on the success of this company. It is only possible if few executives who practice favoritism, over-promise and non-ethical behavior leave the space for decided folks who want to make Pall successful.

"horrible company worst on long island"

Pros

none nothing worthwhile to write about.

Cons

worst management. all engineers left company. vice president on shop floor making product himself.

Advice to Management

Danaher should replace all Pall management with their own.