Pall Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Pall President Jennifer Honeycutt
Jennifer Honeycutt

Cons

1. "Sales and General Manager"

I worked at Pall full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Innovating Company with a former General Manager

Cons

Was sold and minimized

Advice to Management

Open mind to the future, every change from one day to another.

2. "Great company!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

I worked at Pall full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company with very good work/life balance, but it really depends on a manager. Staff get appreciated and recognised for a job well done. Nice people to work with!

Cons

Senior management is not always aware of workload at lower level, therefore decisions made are not always the right one. Apart from that, no any other cons

3. "Senior manager"

I have been working at Pall full-time

Pros

Salary / benefits are competitive
    Hours of work / life balance is good

Cons

old building / lacks investment
    flat structure little scope for progression

Advice to Management

actively work on talent planning don't just talk about it

"Beware o f Pall - they never pay for Interview Expenses."

Former Employee - Principal Scientist in Westborough, MA
    Former Employee - Principal Scientist in Westborough, MA

Pros

Nothing is positive in this company. Horrible experience. Sales agents are cocky, so are come Principal Engineers. Worked on-site with some staff, Jesus Christ! Senior Scientists in Cell culture sounded like high school pass outs! have no knowledge of what they are doing, no product knowledge whatsoever.

Cons

I was called in for an on-site interview from outside US, they made me pay all my interview expenses - flights, hotel, car rental, meals. But when i submitted my receipts for reimbursement to the HR woman from their NY head office who I had been dealing with for 1.5 months, she went deaf and blind, and never replied. Its been over a year that I am trying to get my reimbursement. I had contacted so many HR people in this company, but no one has the decency to return my calls nor reply to my emails. Awfully low standard company, and I am so glad I was not hired - who knows I would never have gotten paid, if hired! I feel pity for all the employees of Pall Corp and now Danaher, who has no other choice but to work for such a horribly managed company. Employees whine about Danaher acquisition - because now they have to actually work and not just sit in their offices doing nothing!
    Overly hyped and overrated for their substandard services, highly unprofessional Human Resources. Funny thing is they show themselves so high at whatever conference to see them at - reality is they treat people horribly.

Advice to Management

Fire your HR staff, especially NY and Boston, they dont deserve to be called professionals. Don't lie to interviewees that you'll reimburse all the expenses and when you decide not to hire, then you make autocratic decision of not reimbursing the interviewee. Absolutely preposterous! Very Trump-istic move! You all must be embarrassed of yourselves as human beings talking advantage of other human beings. HORRIBLE. I laugh at how they boast their culture and values! Sheer hypocrites!!

"Organized Chaos"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cortland, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cortland, NY

I have been working at Pall full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Most of the people are helpful, friendly and hard-working. Leftover Pall family type atmosphere. Standard manufacturing / industrial environment with emphasis on customer service, OTD and Danaher Business System (DBS)

Cons

Since Danaher there is no work/life balance, company first - your life second. Common theme is get the work done and if you cannot keep pace "the parking lot is out there" or "that is what OT is for". Almost a cult type atmosphere around DBS and related events. Unreasonable and sometimes impossible demands create a stressful environment. Favoritism and politics common. If 10 years or more of service, you feel targeted for removal by management.

Advice to Management

Try a simple thing: be nice to people. Delivery of a message without being arrogant, threatening or condescending can go a long way in getting employee buy-in to what you want to implement.

6. "Abundant opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Generalist in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Generalist in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Pall full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Class leading technology, positive social and environmental impact, and a wide range of customers help insulate Pall from economic instabilities.

From a career perspective, the acquisition by Danaher has not only improved how Pall operates, but opens up career opportunities at Pall's sister companies.

Cons

Moving from a publicly held company to a subsidiary of a very driven organization has challenged the operating styles of some associates.

Advice to Management

Slow the churn. The team needs some stability to deliver on our goals.

7. "Operations Leadership Program"

I have been working at Pall full-time

Pros

broad operations exposure and development program that teaches young recent graduates how to become operational leaders within a manufacturing company.

Cons

The structure isn't as clear as it needs to be and post program completion the salary still remains the same as when within the program.

8. "Technical Inside Sales"

Current Employee - Technical Sales in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at Pall full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Internal team, competitive Salary.

Cons

Limited Job Security, can be fairly Pressured.

Advice to Management

Cutting a team down to the leanest it can be doesn't leave the wiggle room for the aggressive expansion you desire.

9. "Pall lifescience"

I worked at Pall full-time

Pros

Goeie evaluatie module
    Doorgroei kansen
    Team work
    DBS tools

Cons

Sterk groeiende firma met heel veel potentieel

Advice to Management

Betere communicatie rond

"Only a paycheck"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Port Richey, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Port Richey, FL

I have been working at Pall full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I liked my co-workers and immediate supervisor.

Cons

Upper management throws around buzz words and instructions like "state of the art" "center of excellence" "own it" "drive the bus" etc. but then micromanage. They are inconsistent with their expectations and thus they rarely satisfied.

Advice to Management

If you really expect to improve the morale, consider retiring. Many of you have been there so long you are completely out of touch with your employees. Stop wasting time and money on employee surveys. The results are just skewed by middle management to appease you. The employees see this, but you don't.