Palmetto Air & Water Balance Reviews | Glassdoor

Palmetto Air & Water Balance Reviews

Updated Jun 3, 2019

Found 11 reviews

3.8
Palmetto Air & Water Balance CEO Penny Hinton (no image)
Penny Hinton
  1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - TAB Engineering in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Palmetto Air & Water Balance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They bestow so many gifts of appreciation (large and small) upon their employees even though our pay checks are thanks enough for the jobs we perform. It is such a pleasure to work for Palmetto Air & Water Balance and it is primarily due to their attention to their employees. They make each one of us feel special even though they have so many people working here. But, it is also a great reason to work... here as everyone would rather work with a great staff of co-workers versus being surrounded each day by people who are miserable at work. That is just another reason why Palmetto Air & Water Balance is such a great place to work.

Cons

There is nothing bad to say about Palmetto.

Palmetto Air & Water Balance2019-06-03
  2. "Lots of Room to Grow, and Learn!"

I have been working at Palmetto Air & Water Balance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great place to work if you want to work hard and expand your knowledge.

Cons

If you travel I-85 getting to work is difficult.

Palmetto Air & Water Balance2017-10-06

"It's been a very good experience, a lot of room to learn."

Current Employee - TAB Technician in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Palmetto Air & Water Balance full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Very understanding of individual situations, co workers do what they can to help one another on their individual projects to make sure it gets done.

Cons

The only thing to complain about is rate of pay. I feel after this long being here I should make more, and be "moving up", even with my multiple attempts to advance and ask for advancements. I have compared averages of salaries with surrounding competition and cost of living, yet, it seems that doesn't matter.

Advice to Management

People walk by us on jobs and say, "dang those guys probably make good money," yet, they probably make more than we do while we do important work for the total function of our projects.

Palmetto Air & Water Balance2017-08-02
  4. "Last active conditions"

Former Contractor - Manager in Greenville, SC

I worked at Palmetto Air & Water Balance for more than 10 years

Pros

Great owners and Zone managers (cities). It was like a family to me. I could always speak my mind.

Cons

Business was like a roller coaster. Too much backlog was bad; too less work , also bad.

Advice to Management

Been gone for over 5 years, have not kept up with changes. I hope operations are at same level; company has greatly expanded, could be a bad thing.

Palmetto Air & Water Balance2017-05-31

"If you wanna live in constant fear, this is the place to be. Learn to walk on eggshells!"

Former Employee - Senior Tech in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Palmetto Air & Water Balance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay is always on time. Friendly office staff. Nice uniforms and hats. Good business to be in. Company can be substantially improved by making one single move.

Cons

Pretty much Everything! This place is the most terrible place to work. The management is rude and disrespectful and will micromanage your every minute of the day. Get ready to get yell at in your face by a shouting mouth at about 16" from your face. Since they have electronic devices for the data entry, they will know even how long was your toilet break. One person runs the whole company and it is not the president.... You must live in fear if you want to last. This company is trying to expand to other areas so what they do is offer salaries to owners of smaller companies trying to start in the business and get all of their contacts and then either fire the guys or beat them till they quit. That way they get to keep the small companies' clients and put the people out of business with no compete agreements. You will also be asked to do things that are simply WRONG or CHEATING to complete a project and make them more money. At the end you will realize that no amount of money will be enough to put up with their constant fear, discrimination and disregard for their employees and their families.

Advice to Management

Hire a human being to run the Raleigh office and all the ones under Raleigh. You have a good business but your people are not happy.

Palmetto Air & Water Balance2016-08-03

"Pre TAB Planner"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Palmetto Air & Water Balance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Stepping stone to start your resume. If you are willing to work overtime, you can make okay money. Always hiring.

Cons

Treats employees like slaves. In order to advance within the company you must be part of the family or part of the "in" crowd. Has some managers and owners with limited education and are very small minded. Very high turnover rate of employees. Constantly creates an environment of fear and disrespect.

Advice to Management

Value your good employees

Palmetto Air & Water Balance2016-07-30
  7. "Great Company"

I have been working at Palmetto Air & Water Balance full-time

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Competitive and demanding industry at the completion of construction.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing for your people.

Palmetto Air & Water Balance2016-04-21
  8. "Good company with room for growth"

I worked at Palmetto Air & Water Balance full-time

Pros

Good company to work for overall. There are opportunities for advancement for those that are willing to take advantage of them. Compensation is fair for employees who are proactive in furthering knowledge and training, especially once higher level certifications are achieved. Upper level management easy to work for.

Cons

Palmetto is a service-based company in a tough industry, customers are often demanding and sometimes last minute with scheduling requests and project needs. Formal training is often lacking, however most "self-starters" will be fine.

Advice to Management

Continue to reward dedicated employees. In addition to the existing training course, create a plan for adequately training brand new employees.

Palmetto Air & Water Balance2015-09-28
  9. "Great place to work"

Certified Technician in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Palmetto Air & Water Balance

Pros

Like any team its only as strong as the weakest link. There is a sense of family working here.

Cons

schedules can be demanding due to the nature of working on projects at the end of the schedule. the customers are very demanding and appreciative.

Advice to Management

continue to take care of those that take care of the company

Palmetto Air & Water Balance2015-06-29
  10. "BAD!"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Palmetto Air & Water Balance for more than 3 years

Pros

Not one thing positive comes to my mind when thinking about this company.

Cons

Management and the TBE's are a mess! They were very hard to work with, and their unwillingness to train made the job very difficult.

Advice to Management

Step down, and hire actual managers.

Palmetto Air & Water Balance2014-03-20