Palmetto GBA Customer Service Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 24, 2014

2.2
Palmetto GBA CEO W. J. Johnson
W. J. Johnson

"It was overall a good place to work."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH

I worked at Palmetto GBA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The benefits: the 401k contribution, the bonus, some people get unlimited overtime from time to time.. The coworkers are nice people.

Cons

Management. The training was a joke. The trainers don't teach you anything of importance. Then you start doing your job title and one day when you need management's help they act like you should know more than you do. Basically it's a way of shaming you for coming to them in the first place. Management is the last to let you know anything. They are always so "busy" and understaffed there is no time for you or your... problems. Our providers tell us news and then we find out it's true by reading it from a website or supervisor confirms it at a later date. It's so sad. We had to basically teach ourselves the computer programs through trial and error. If you have problems don't go to management. They will make you wish you hadn't. They will turn everything around on you. You learn to deal with situations on your own. It's the paycheck that keeps you coming back for more. All jobs have pros and cons. There is no perfect place to work.

Advice to Management

Take care of the people that represent your company. They need to know you have their back.

Palmetto GBA2013-12-31
  2. "Customer Service Advocate"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Palmetto GBA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pay is fairly decent and the benefits.

Cons

Contract based jobs so you risk the possibility of being out of a job every few years, micromanaging is rampant through out company

Advice to Management

Listen to the peons. Our opinion should matter. Stop with the cronyism.

Palmetto GBA2014-11-24

"There is absolutely no room for advancement."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbia, SC

I worked at Palmetto GBA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Palmetto GBA often has a demand increase for customer service representatives near the months of September and October, due to the Medicare enrollment process.

Cons

Palmetto GBA takes absolutely no pride in its employees. Everyone is dispensable. Always have a back up plan when dealing with this company. They caused me to be homeless.

Advice to Management

Help subordinates advance

Palmetto GBA2013-06-07

"A living Hell"

Customer Service Representative in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Palmetto GBA

Pros

The pay overall is OK and it offers great benefits. There are some really great people that you will come to love (co-workers). The environment is nice and conveniently located. If you are a good contract based, temporary, or permanent employee you can move up internally. (Knowing the right folks!!)

Cons

Upper Management doesn't know what they are doing or how to set up appropriate measures for certain contracts. Thus being contract based isn't alot of fun. Never know if you would win or lose one. Everything is based on productivity, no one wants to work with you at all. You will work yourself to death for alittle of nothing in return.

Advice to Management

Place yourself in our shoes for one solid day and then you will see how we feel. Thanks!

Palmetto GBA2012-03-26