Palo Alto Networks Employee Reviews about "palo alto networks"

Updated Oct 20, 2021

Join the conversation on

Tech

208.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Palo Alto Networks~115142
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good benefits and stock has been performing.(in 92 reviews)
  • "Great people and constantly innovating(in 87 reviews)
  • "Great culture and values.(in 63 reviews)
  • "the pay is good but not enough.(in 54 reviews)
  • "Growing fast, successful and good salaries.(in 38 reviews)
Cons
  • "Scrutiny and micro management of employees throughout.(in 51 reviews)
  • "No work life balance and s management really doesn’t have a clue it’s overall just an incredibly terrible place to work.(in 50 reviews)
  • "Some managers give lip service to the mission and remain disconnected from it.(in 25 reviews)
  • "401K match is lower.(in 17 reviews)
  • "We work very hard and long hours(in 9 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Palo Alto Networks and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "palo alto networks"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Been here over 3 years and staying for a long, long time

Oct 20, 2021 - Senior Engineering Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been here for 3 years now, and have been with the same product for over 5 years. I thoroughly enjoy working at Palo Alto Networks and can't see myself anywhere else. The vision, the leadership, the people -- it all comes together to create a vibrant place to work.

Cons

The work is hard! This is only a con if you're afraid of hard work, which I'm not. But if you don't want to tackle really difficult challenges, it's not really the place for you.

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Klaush Schwab, Inc. of Silicon Valley Inc. - You'll make nothing and be happy

Jul 15, 2021 - District Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

I joined Palo Alto in 2013 at a time when it was an amazing company and under the leadership of the previous CEO, Mark McLaughlin. Mark ran one of the most mutually beneficial company/employee organizations I've experienced in my career. What pro's existed long vanished in 2018.

Cons

Since 2018, under the new Google leadership, the company has been coordinating one of the greatest rug pull's on their sales organization I have ever seen. I have seen end of year needle moving deals result in massive percentage decreases on expected compensation - likely to help contribute to the CEO's $700K security detail. I witnessed compensation plan modifications that result in bucketed product quotas engineered to limit accelerated compensation. The problem with Palo Alto is that when the top executives compensation aligns with the share value reaching and sustaining a $400+ price - everyone in the company is the financial victim of a finite few benefactors - the cantillon effect in action. Combine the compensation policy of this company along with their gulag like woke indoctrination policies forced down on 100% of the company and you have what turned out to be the greatest 180 degree pivot of a company I have ever witnessed. If you are a talented sales professional avoid falling in to this trap. I don't know about you but I expect my sales efforts to be met with compensation certainty - not compensation decrease decisions made by a select few that suck the motivation out of every fibre of your body.

29 people found this review helpful
  3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Abysmal, incompetent, and disrespectful leadership. Bro Culture to the core.

Oct 11, 2021 - Territory Sales Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The name is what carries the weight here because it is Palo Alto Networks. You can put it on your resume and in the world of cybersecurity, it will help you get places. Definitely a blue blood in the space. Company is doing well and the stock is going up but that is true for cybersecurity in general. For Palo Alto, it is more due to the engineering team itself than the sales team. Product practically sells itself. Even for the cons I am about to right, it might not be the case in other regions as this is specifically for the Northeast territory.

Cons

This is just for the Northeast territory but it is bro culture personified with a lot of incompetence added in. Leadership does not know what they are doing, the people who do hit numbers do it through luck or getting easier leads that even marketing can close, and there is some serious prejudice going on. I spoke to some of the leadership at social events and in a more informal basis, racism and prejudice definitely run strong in the bro culture. Poor treatment given to people of color that apply to roles and some of the things said off the record resemble a YouTube comments section rather than how a modern-day business world should be. The tragedy is that leadership is selected based on favoritism and nepotism, not how well they can do the job. Get off on yelling at people, offer no solid coaching, play favorites, constantly gossip, waste everyone's time, and have made it a poor atmosphere to even develop a career.

11 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Intern

Great company to intern at

Oct 15, 2021 - Product Management Intern in Santa Clara, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love working at Palo Alto Networks! Good size company and high visibility.

Cons

I do not have any cons working at this company.

5. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

The Best Internship Program

Sep 20, 2021 - Java Microservices Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you are looking for a company that cares and is invested in training its interns I highly recommend Palo Alto Networks. They have a team dedicated to your success

Cons

You will never want to leave

6. 5.0
    Current Intern, less than 1 year

Great place to work for

Jun 24, 2021 - Software Engineer Intern in Santa Clara, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I joined Palo Alto Networks about 3 weeks ago. So far great experience. University Recruiting team hosts multiple events throughout the summer. Lot of fun activities to network with other interns and full-time employees.

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind.

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

The company everyone wanted to join is dead

Jun 1, 2021 - Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent benefits and good growth

Cons

- Discriminatory hiring focused on bringing in friends regardless of experience - Shopping around resumes without an actual position in mind solely because they worked with PM leadership at Cisco - Customer satisfaction will erode over next 3 years due to current focus on revenue/margin and lack of focus on the innovation that once made Palo Alto Networks great

10 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Diverse and wholesome workplace

Feb 14, 2021 - Senior Customer Success Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Palo Alto Networks focuses a lot on diversity and inclusion which makes them a great employer. They also have a strong social conscience which I admire a lot. They are a leader in cyber security innovation

Cons

Not big enough yet to compete with the FAANG

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

AMAZING company!

Jan 13, 2021 - Senior Marketing Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Palo Alto Networks has handled the pandemic masterfully. They really care about their employees. We have lots of focus on wellness, well being, and the company feels like a family.

Cons

It’s not for everyone - very fast paced and ever changing. You need to thrive in a fast paced environment to be successful here.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing culture & company!!!

Feb 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Palo Alto Networks has been amazing especially through COVID. I've never felt so supported by company and team. Go Palo Alto Networks!!

Cons

Truly, there are no cons for me!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 62 Reviews