KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Palo Alto Software Reviews

Updated Aug 10, 2021

Found 26 of over 30 reviews

4.4
Palo Alto Software CEO Sabrina Parsons (no image)
Sabrina Parsons

Current Employee

Amazing

Jun 10, 2021 - Senior Customer Success Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun interesting best company for you

Cons

Nothing that I can think of

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Customer support role review

Aug 10, 2021 - Software Customer Advocate in Eugene, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very flexible especially for people with families, good healthcare and other benefits, lots of growth opportunities, work culture is overall positive and there is good transparency from management, decent work-life balance

Cons

"Like a family" translates to rampant favoritism/nepotism, not open to negotiating salary with employees who grow and take on new responsibilities

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company culture and teams!

May 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture, caring team, and down to earth upper management. Honestly a blessing to work with everyone, and they are all so excited about the work they do.

Cons

Sometimes projects can be slow to get out, so if you’re used to a fast-paced environment this might feel a little more relaxed to you.

4. 3.0
    Former Employee

Memorable

Jun 11, 2021 - Lead User Experience Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some good people to work with and a couple of nice benefits (holidays off)

Cons

There were instances of mismanagement

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work with amazing managers and understanding employees!

Jun 3, 2020 - Content Marketing Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly and inviting staff, understanding managers, and very intelligent people work here. The office is intimate and the company provides and cares well for its employees.

Cons

Not a downside to the company, but working remote can make it a little distant. However, video calls definitely help stay connected.

6. 5.0

Best work culture

Feb 5, 2020 - Communications, Senior Manager in Eugene, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

-lots of flexibility with work schedule - massage chairs at office - open work space design that is very welcoming - great office amenities that makes working easier - stocked kitchen with snack and coffee - company lunches

Cons

there are none so far

7. 5.0

Best Job I've Ever Had!

Apr 7, 2017 - Web Developer in Eugene, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Amazing employee benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Annual raises/bonuses, plenty of paid vacation days, bonus days off for the holidays. Even for holidays where it seems like everyone else is still at work! - Friendly coworkers, non-hostile workplace (in my experience) - Transparent workplace. Management does their best to remain transparent to us employees about situations that arise, as well as, answering any questions that we might have to the best of their ability. - The culture encourages innovation. Sometimes that can mean working from home occasionally to focus or have the flexibility of sprinkling in your work throughout the day. - Flexible work hours. Management is more than willing to be flexible with your availability (far more reasonable than other places I've worked at) as long as you get your work done.

Cons

- The office can be quiet around the winter holidays. I understand why some reviewers on here said it was boring. But at the same time, the scarcity was, in part, due to our old employee vacation process. Employees would all take off around christmas time, including leftover time because vacation days didn't roll over. This process has improved since that period of time.

3 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Brilliant workplace

Oct 27, 2015 - User Experience in Eugene, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Palo Alto Software is a phenomenal place to work. The culture is based around the idea that we all do better when we all do better, leading to a commitment to help our customers succeed in starting small businesses, as well as a commitment to one another to help each other out. There is a funded team of folks who devote a portion of their time to making life more fun and enjoyable for employees. The management team is transparent about business decisions and the company budget, with an open-door policy for questions, concerns and suggestions. We have a balance between solving interesting problems, and making sure we take care of ourselves, our families, and one another. The best part about working here is that we laugh together.

Cons

I have to honestly say that I cannot think of a single con. They feed and clothe us, the benefits are great, and the management is committed to constantly improving.

3 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Overall, a really great place to work

Mar 27, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

PAS works very, very hard to create an enjoyable place to work, and has done nothing but improve during my tenure here. Things were a tiny bit rocky a few years back, and it felt like the company was experiencing higher than usual turnover, but this hasn't been an issue lately. The C-level folks are great (just like...cool, interesting people, as well as good to work for), and while management varies by department, my experiences have been very positive. They work hard to reinvest in the company and in employees, and are flexible and transparent wherever possible. As someone who has worked there for a number of years, I can say that negative comments are more related the to growing pains PAS experienced over the past few years going from a small company to a mid-sized one. It's really a nice place to work, they treat their employees well, and try to inject fun into the workplace whenever possible. Plus, the culture as a whole really appreciates that work-life balance is very important.

Cons

I honestly don't have any—I really enjoy working here.

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Excellent employer

Nov 25, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Palo Alto Software is a gem in Lane County. This is my 4th employer in my career and I did some contracting as well before coming here. I definitely hit the jackpot with this job. The company listens to employees, actively seeks qualified and engaged professionals, and I believe does a good job both promoting from within as well as looking outside for new hires. The company has an excellent benefits package and also places an emphasis on giving back to the community. A portion of monthly hours are paid to volunteer and management has a program to help employees find volunteer opportunities.

Cons

If autonomy is not a thing you value this is likely not the place for you. In addition, the organization is dynamic and things move quickly. For some that’s a plus, but for many it is not - it can feel stressful. For me it’s a huge plus.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 26 Reviews