Pampered Chef Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Pampered Chef CEO Tracy Britt Cool
Tracy Britt Cool

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Generally friendly atmosphere and free products every once in a while (in 19 reviews)

• Great products which make it easier to sell (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • As with any direct sales, you need to be self motivated and reasonably organized (in 6 reviews)

• Complete flexibility and control means to be successful you must be a self-motivated and committed individual (in 5 reviews)

"If you are going to reinvent, please do it the right way and look at the top!"

I worked at Pampered Chef full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Products are great, coworkers are, for the most part, good to work with.

Cons

Upper Management does not listen to employees. I understand the need to reinvent, but some of those employees let go over the years, were loyal and did not require the management to hold their hand or for employees to kiss-up to management. It is hard to believe that a few employees who have been there over 10-15 years in the sales department are still with Pampered Chef. How can that be, when all the employees they managed are now gone? Isn't there some sort of issue there?

Advice to Management

Listen to employees and look at those Managers who are out for themselves. This type of environment does not appear to be a Doris Christopher or Berkshire way of business.

Jan 10, 2018 – Director - Talent Strategies

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. As part of our reinvention we’ve added many new coworkers who have fresh ideas on how we can adapt our business. Pampered Chef has a strong foundation, but we... More

"Boring."

Pros

Good work-life balance, coworkers are generally friendly, strong hires recently, professional learning opportunities, modern workspace, fairly organized. Transparency in business objectives at all levels. Berkshire-Hathaway. Some teams have fun and do well.

Cons

Pampered Chef moves at slow pace, checks for permission often, and does a lot of talking without a lot of doing. Compensation is average, not competitive. Outdated technology, both internally and consumer-facing. Outdated ideas and strongholds by veteran coworkers. Trying really hard to have a modern culture but not getting there. Very corporate considering that they aren't huge-- fearlessness and risk-taking are discouraged and there is a fear of making mistakes. High turnover rate due to unhappy coworkers and restructuring. Executive leadership does not really have a pulse on their teams.

Advice to Management

Stay competitive in the marketplace through better technology. Keep working on reinvention: it's not enough to preach values, make people believe in them. Find some wiggle room in the top-down model. Diversify.

Jan 10, 2018 – Director - Talent Strategies

Thank you for your post; you mentioned a few areas where we’re making progress and a couple areas that we’re continuing to work on during our business reinvention. We have been transforming a... More

"Not so great"

I worked at Pampered Chef full-time

Pros

finances seem to be good

Cons

leadership going off in different directions; employees confused

Advice to Management

get help on decisions

Jan 10, 2018 – Director - Talent Strategies

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. A key component of our culture is empowering our people and we see its positive impacts in decision-making and collaborating at all levels of our organization. We're... More

"Wish they would really listen, great potential"

I worked at Pampered Chef full-time

Pros

Great products, huge brand loyalty which makes you proud. History of company is inspiring. Some really hardworking people here that make you want to do your best. Very book smart officer team. Driven and aspirational culture and that can be a great challenge to many.

Cons

Metric/kpi focus but no support to actually make the targets and if business changes, good luck trying to get flexibility. Poor work/life balance with no end in sight. Budget approach is too strict with no flex for training, recognition, team building unless in some teams with influence. Job security is always in question.

Advice to Management

Officer team needs EQ training and hands-on experience to better relate to the work that really occurs. Walk around all floors and areas, talk to people. Can't keep cutting jobs and achieve same results with no/little investment. Value experience and empower/trust your team vs micromanaging and analysis paralysis. You have some great people, let them do their job.

"Former Employee"

I worked at Pampered Chef full-time

Pros

Open space environment, competitive pay and benefits

Cons

A lot of confusion and talking behind of back.

"Treats employees badly"

I worked at Pampered Chef full-time

Pros

Interesting work; varying duties daily; nice office; co-workers are great

Cons

Employees are expected to work a lot of hours on salary
    Bosses do not support those working for them
    Good employees do not last long

Advice to Management

Start treating good employees better and they will stay.

Sep 18, 2016 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for your post. We’re sad you feel this way, but as a former employee, your picture doesn’t sound like the Pampered Chef of today. Based on what our coworkers are telling us in our most recent... More

"Sales & Incentives Department"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, IL

I worked at Pampered Chef full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People.are hard working and team oriented.

Cons

Only one word to describe - Dysfunctional and not keeping up with the 'times'
    Management is misdirected as to where they spend their money. (like an open floor concept when sales are sinking)

Sad to see Doris's baby slowly disintegrate. Management team is self serving and lacking leadership skills. Micromanaged. CEO is clueless.

Nov 15, 2015 – Chief People Officer

PC has made great strides in the past year as we transform our business. We are sorry to hear you did not see the positive changes within the culture. Our Founder has publicly addressed how happy... More

"It's harder than you think!"

Current Employee - Independent Sales Consultant in Oakland, TN
    Current Employee - Independent Sales Consultant in Oakland, TN

I have been working at Pampered Chef part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Discounts on new product and you get to buy it as a sample at half off.

Cons

You have to be very aggressive to make money! It's time consuming and costly.

Advice to Management

They need to lower the dollar amount to make it a show and raise the comission percentage.

"Sales"

I worked at Pampered Chef full-time

Pros

Great pay, good benefits and coworkers

Cons

Too much travel, awful leadership

Advice to Management

Its the 21st century, leadership team - out with the old and in with the new would help.

"Difficult work."

Former Employee - Consultant in Cockeysville, MD
    Former Employee - Consultant in Cockeysville, MD

I worked at Pampered Chef part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's nice being able to work as much or as little as you want, and to be able to choose the hours that you work.

Cons

Unfortunately hard work and determination does not automatically pay off in terms of a meaningful paycheck.