Pampered Chef Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Pampered Chef CEO Tracy Britt Cool
Tracy Britt Cool

Pros
  • cooking, fun, free products, and training (in 16 reviews)

• Great products and you can get them at a discount or for free if you sale so much product (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Direct sales has exploded and sometimes it's challenging to turn people on to hosting because they are burnt out on direct sales in general (in 5 reviews)

• This company is going through a period of a lot of change (in 3 reviews)

"Treats employees badly"

I worked at Pampered Chef full-time

Pros

Interesting work; varying duties daily; nice office; co-workers are great

Cons

Employees are expected to work a lot of hours on salary
    Bosses do not support those working for them
    Good employees do not last long

Advice to Management

Start treating good employees better and they will stay.

Pampered Chef Response

Sep 18, 2016 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for your post. We’re sad you feel this way, but as a former employee, your picture doesn’t sound like the Pampered Chef of today. Based on what our coworkers are telling us in our most recent ... More

"Sales & Incentives Department"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, IL

I worked at Pampered Chef full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People.are hard working and team oriented.

Cons

Only one word to describe - Dysfunctional and not keeping up with the 'times'
    Management is misdirected as to where they spend their money. (like an open floor concept when sales are sinking)

Sad to see Doris's baby slowly disintegrate. Management team is self serving and lacking leadership skills. Micromanaged. CEO is clueless.

Pampered Chef Response

Nov 15, 2015 – Chief People Officer

PC has made great strides in the past year as we transform our business. We are sorry to hear you did not see the positive changes within the culture. Our Founder has publicly addressed how happy ... More

"It's harder than you think!"

Current Employee - Independent Sales Consultant in Oakland, TN
    Current Employee - Independent Sales Consultant in Oakland, TN

I have been working at Pampered Chef part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Discounts on new product and you get to buy it as a sample at half off.

Cons

You have to be very aggressive to make money! It's time consuming and costly.

Advice to Management

They need to lower the dollar amount to make it a show and raise the comission percentage.

"Difficult work."

Former Employee - Consultant in Cockeysville, MD
    Former Employee - Consultant in Cockeysville, MD

I worked at Pampered Chef part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's nice being able to work as much or as little as you want, and to be able to choose the hours that you work.

Cons

Unfortunately hard work and determination does not automatically pay off in terms of a meaningful paycheck.

"consultant"

Current Employee - Independent Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Independent Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Pampered Chef part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can make your own schedule

Cons

Its a lot more time than just the time it takes to do a party. Alot of calling your hostess to keep them on track and even more calling trying to close parties

"Downhill go away if possible"

Current Employee - Software Architecture/Development/Lead in Addison, IL
    Current Employee - Software Architecture/Development/Lead in Addison, IL

I have been working at Pampered Chef full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

All the common ones that most companies provide.
    Work from home sometimes.

Cons

-The IT has no clue what is going on, they need to be told always.
    -director level positions likes to bully their subordinates for action.
    -Constant fighting on director level positions.
    -HR is mediocre are benefits removed to cut losses.
    - 2 IT development groups are not flawlessly working.

Advice to Management

- A lot of work needed to be done on the management level. YOu need to innovate to be competitive.

"Holds on to its past and refuses to move forward to the future"

Former Employee - Call Center in Addison, IL
    Former Employee - Call Center in Addison, IL

I worked at Pampered Chef full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Products that are given to the employees are the best benefit. Field Consultants are some of the nicest people you could ever meet.

Cons

Call Center Supervisors are more concerned about getting things their way than moving forward. Supervisors are afraid of their call center agents.

Advice to Management

Move forward - stop saying we can not do this because we have never done this in the past.

"Senior leadership revolving door...staff is tired, overworked and stressed out."

I worked at Pampered Chef full-time

Pros

Genuinely nice people to work with at the staff levels - many of whom have been there 10-plus years and are seriously invested in the success of the company and care deeply about the consultants.

Decent products, if not terribly innovative anymore. Product quality is a major emphasis for the organization.

Cons

Senior leadership has been a revolving door: 2 HR VPs, 3 Mktg VPs, 2 Legal VPs, 2 CIOs (one of whom was TOXIC in the extreme). The organization too often rewards crisis management at the expense of crisis averting tactics, such as simple planning. Decision making is all too often based on the emotions of one or two members of leadership.

Many key personnel are looking for jobs outside the organization due to unrealistic expectations, lack of priority, poor planning and general unprofessional and disrespectful behavior by middle- and senior-level management.

Product line needs some attention - becoming lackluster and bland.

Advice to Management

Look deeper. What is being presented as 'fact' is not always an entirely factual representation of reality. Not getting the results you want from your employees? Perhaps you are not rewarding the right behaviors...

"Terrible Web Development team, quite a few arrogant Consultants-- especially Directors and above."

Current Employee - Tier II Technical Support Specialist in Addison, IL
    Current Employee - Tier II Technical Support Specialist in Addison, IL

I have been working at Pampered Chef full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great benefits, occasional free products, comfy desk chairs

Cons

If there is a definition of "hell" it would be Tier II Technical Support. This position's technical skills entail telling Consultants to click the "Forgot your Password" button or to have them try a different web browser. It is mainly customer service orientated requiring you to take phone calls for 8 hours a day. The majority of these calls are angry consultant's who can't submit their orders because the website is not nearly as functional as it should be.

Sitting stagnant in a gray cubical staring at a computer screen for 8+ hours a day.

Taking phone call after phone call for 8+ hours a day and not being able to provide any real assistance because the technical issues have to be fixed by the web development team-- you'll spend alot of time apologizing to Consultants for something that is beyond your control.

No real line of communication between Technical Support (who deals directly with the field) and the Web Development team other than a ticketing system. There are many tickets market as "Urgent" that remain untouched by the Development team for months.

Dealing with arrogant Consultant's who will talk down to you and blame you for their order submission tool (the website) not working properly even though you have no control over its functionality.

Advice to Management

The average length of time an IT project is in beta testing phases is 4-8 weeks. Pampered Chef's website has been in beta testing for over 1 year and 4 months and it still is not functional. Fire your Web Development team-- they could not program Pac Man for an Atari 2600.

"Too much for a full time student"

Former Contractor - Sales Representative in Bloomington, IL
    Former Contractor - Sales Representative in Bloomington, IL

I worked at Pampered Chef as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Support and equipment was very accessible in my situation, I had a ride the sales meetings from my recruiter. I never left a meeting without some good food and learning something new.

Cons

It was almost impossible to market college students while I was living in the dorms. There were only a handful of products students would find useful, and I was a small fish in big pond with no sales experience on where and when to begin. I had no car.

Advice to Management

Other than cold calls and family, team up with the student to educate them on the products more and maybe create a "dorm kit" to offer students.