Pan Atlantic Reviews

Updated Apr 29, 2016

2.8
Pan Atlantic CEO Justin Cobb (no image)
Justin Cobb
0 Rating
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Best use of my time ever

Apr 29, 2016 - Trainee Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great positive energetic atmosphere that gets you fired up to grow and progress in a fast paced environment where growth is determined by what you do rather than in the usual setting I have been in which is who you know.

Cons

You have to be on your game at all times as the management push, drive and challenge you every day to be better.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great if you can handle it.

Aug 29, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are pretty fun and easy to talk to. There's minimal seniority so it's a relaxed atmosphere and you learn A LOT in a small amount of time using peer teaching and first hand experience. Everyone is positive to the point of irrationality, Which would explain others post that they seem "sleazy", they're really just positive people who are good talkers. There are a lot of promises that seem too good to be true, and then you find out they are for the most part totally true. Super young environment, which is both a Pro and a Con

Cons

You are basically on your feet for 8-12 hours with about a half hour lunch break. CONSTANTLY. And Speed is your best ally so you are running around for about a 2 miles a day over 5-6 days a week. No matter how they spin it, it is still a commission based job so your performance is totally up to you and people you interact with that day.

2 people found this review helpful

HR Director

Thanks for the feedback. We’re sorry it was a mixed experience for you working with us, but we’re glad that you seem to have mostly enjoyed it. We’re very proud of our positive office culture and we’re glad that you were able to learn and grow with us. That’s really important to us. We acknowledge that the job can be hard work, but we believe that hard work pays off, and is rewarded. We hope you felt rewarded during your time with us. All the best in your future endeavours.

3. 5.0

Ambitious

Jan 21, 2016 - Corporate Trainer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere from management to employees. They were always very fair to me and as far as i could see to all staff really to be honest. Loads of progression opportunities up the ladder if you want them. I got the chance to work with some really big named companies on there client list. Learnt loads.

Cons

Long hours I guess but only if thats what you wanted plus I guess you have to put in the hours if you want to succeed in life. Everyone always excited no matter what,I'm not used to that lol! Always music playing. Boss always on site.

4. 1.0

Very iffy work practices

Feb 7, 2016 - Corporate Trainer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Located conveniently; I cannot really think of actual pros that you seek in a job. You might make friends being around people your age.

Cons

Very secretive about everything. You guys consistently made false promises and took advantage of me and other naive people. You pay lower than minimum wage and don't tell people that we are Independent contractors; this is illegal. You post the opportunity as a job posting and you talk about building a business well maybe not all of us want to build a business. Also filled with some very racist, sexist and homophobic people. People very regularly use racist slurs.

12 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Corporate Trainer

Jan 29, 2016 - Corporate Trainer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you are looking for an amazing opportunity than look no further! This is a very fast passed environment and has so much room for fast advancement if you are willing to work. Upper Managment is there to help you in every way, just have a great student mentality and be willing to work hard. If you are self motivated and want to constantly learn and grow this company will be a great fit for you.

Cons

The hours are long but the opportunity is extremely rewarding! Hard to balance home life but management is there to support you in every single way.

6. 1.0

Short lived

May 27, 2015 - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Room for advancement, and help you develop social skills. Some gems in there, but lack structure and professionalism.

Cons

Overall sexist environment. One of the senior staff members is very inappropriate with the girls especially. Name callings, touching and overall very unprofessional. Their business model is a bit cult like, there is a lot of chanting and pumping each other up for the day, which I found strange. It is a boys club. I quit after a boss of mine kept referencing my breasts and touching my hair and body while training me.

12 people found this review helpful

HR Director

Please accept our apologies. We deeply regret that this incident marred your experience of working with Pan Atlantic. We try very hard to take care of our associates, and make sure they are happy and fulfilled. Unfortunately in this case we didn't meet your expectations, or indeed our own. We work with many women, and would never like to think that they would be made to feel uncomfortable by any of our staff. Regardless of gender, we want everyone who works with us to have the same opportunities and chances for advancement. Several of our past female associates are now running their own businesses. We take allegations of this sort very seriously, and do not tolerate this behavior in our offices. The person involved in this isolated incident is no longer with the company, and we are expanding training sessions to ensure that nothing like this happens in future.

7. 1.0

DON'T WORK HERE

Jan 28, 2016 - Sales in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The sales people who work there are friendly- Until they get brain washed by senior management team.

Cons

Worked for this company for a little while. It's the worst company you could ever work for. 1. It's commission based- there is so much pressure put on you to sell. If you don't you make sales you get no money. The management team also think it's OK to treat you with no respect if you can't do sales. They continuously brain wash you and put you down. I don't belive it's a safe place to work -I worked 12 hours a day. Walking the street. Knocking doors. Late at night it's not safe to be walking around. They say that is 100% Promotion from within the company- that's no true. If the managers dislike you. You will never progress. This company is the biggest scam I have ever worked for. It should be shut down. Any advice for anyone going for a interview STAY WELL AWAY

6 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Opportunity

Jan 26, 2016 - Corporate Trainer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I had a great experience here at Pan Atlantic, i learnt a lot about myself as a person, it helped me develop my personal skills, management skills and helped me further myself with in the company. I learnt a lot from the management at Pan Atlantic and loved every moment, it was a great environment and had loads of fun while i was there.

Cons

To be honest the only thing that was a con was the extended hours, but apart from this nothing else.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

My experience at Pan Atlantic

Jul 31, 2015 - Sales Assistant in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The team is very nice, helpful, smart. I've learned a lot about my work. I just graduated and this job gave me the best opportunity I've ever had! For me, Pan Atlantics is the best job I had so far. Thank you to my manager who trained me for this job.

Cons

My day are very full, I always have something to do, but that's how you get better!

4 people found this review helpful

HR Director

Thanks for your feedback. We’re glad you are enjoying your time at Pan Atlantic, and getting on well with your team. We wish you the best in your career here.

10. 5.0
    Former Employee

One of my best experiences.

Jan 27, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

The environment is wonderful! I've never had that much fun at a job. The interview process was decisive and interesting. My interviewer really seemed to want to get to know me. I could see the enthusiasm that he had for the job.

Cons

You get out what you put in. If you work hard, you'll succeed.

2 people found this review helpful