Panasonic Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Panasonic CEO Tom Gebhardt
Tom Gebhardt

Pros
Cons
  • Poor work/ life balance overall (in 28 reviews)

• No work life/personal life balance (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Life at Panasonic"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Panasonic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Summer flex time work hours, positive culture and helpful employees, global company with opportunities to network and move to different locations.

Cons

No road map for promotion

Advice to Management

Continue to serve the team but also provide a road map for each employee.

2. "Production operator"

Current Employee - Production Operator in Sparks, NV
    Current Employee - Production Operator in Sparks, NV

I have been working at Panasonic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am looking for a place where I can develop long term career and to expand my technical skills

Cons

To apply my experience and to share my knowledge in this kind of field by motivating others

Advice to Management

Hire me please

3. "Job that allows you to create your own role"

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Panasonic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ability to create your own role, travel opportunities, friendly co-workers, tons of learning opportunities, ability to get experience with applications and programs that are used at every major corporation, you get to work with amazing and groundbreaking technology.

Cons

Very hierarchical, everything is inevitably determined by Panasonic Japan, slow to make changes or get approval on requests, very siloed divisions.

"Software Development"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Panasonic full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lot of Challenges to promote company with up-to-date Technologies for the world.

Cons

hard work and work as team mate to make sure the whole team move forward.

Panasonic Response

Jun 13, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review and for outlining what we have to offer employees here at Panasonic.

"No work life balance"

I worked at Panasonic full-time

Pros

The pros are limited. Good benefits.

Cons

No work life balance.
    No career path.

Panasonic Response

Jun 13, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We take all feedback seriously and appreciate the time you’ve taken to express your concerns.

"They can't keep getting away with it"

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in The Colony, TX
    Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in The Colony, TX

I worked at Panasonic (Less than a year)

Pros

Thorough training, consistent performance reviews, top-of-the-line equipment. Sales and Engineering get along very well and interdepartmental communication is smooth. Benefits were okay. Fun Christmas party.

Cons

Because I cannot post aggressive or discriminatory language. I'd like y'all to imagine it. This review, it should be noted, reflects only the Mechanical and Electrical Engineering departments. The culture is bad. Asian employees seemed, ironically, to be discriminated against. As it was explained to me, because they are there on work visas, they stand to lose a great deal if they quit or are terminated. Unfair amounts of work are required of them, and strongly suggested (with a threatening glare) of other employees.
    Working 9:00 to 9:00 was expected. I know it sounds like hyperbole, but in all seriousness, twelve-hour days were required except on very rare special occasions. Work is constantly being added. Supervisors are totally cowed by managers, and did very little to defend (me, at least) from managers' reprimands, even in front of customers. Reprimands for falling behind are usually given in the form of brutal, drawn-out meetings or, and I acknowledge the honesty policy when I say this, screaming rants in the middle of the cubicles, in front of everyone. Formal write-ups with a strike system were employed while I was there. People actually wept at their desks.

Advice to Management

You cannot let managers treat people as *literal* indentured servants. That this is not illegal is absolutely horrifying. Salaries are low, and the work is very nearly half again what is required elsewhere. You'll never retain anyone like this. Please be considerate of your entry-level employees, and let them go home. Please, please don't keep managers that are demonstrably inequitable and immature.

7. "They are trying...."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

I worked at Panasonic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Relatively good perks. / Professional, yet, friendly support from HR. / Office location (Newark, NJ) and the corporate policy to encourage commuting via public transportation encourage for employees to leave office at 5pm, which was not the case before the office moved to Newark.

Cons

Some area of shared services (corporate PR, procurement) adds extra internal processes and slows down the speed of getting things done. / There is no free parking spaces for employees nor guests.

8. "Sales Coordinator"

Former Employee - Sales Coordinator in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Coordinator in San Diego, CA

I worked at Panasonic part-time (More than a year)

Pros

work environment, teamwork, satisfying, trust

Cons

no benefits if you are a part timer, no holidays,

"Senior Credit Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Credit Manager in Rolling Meadows, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Credit Manager in Rolling Meadows, IL

I have been working at Panasonic full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Every steps of the ways of our conducts are based on the Seven Principles that are introduced by our company's founder, Mr. Konosuke Matsushita. To me, these principles are not only applicable for Panasonic, but it is very soundly applicable to our daily activities outside the company. I am working at Panasonic Corporation of North America and I would say that most of employees that I crossed encounter reflect their actions according to the principles. The Corporate's credit culture and underwriting are discipline and evolve to balance our risk and reward. Strong supports from Upper Managements. The company offers a good benefit.

Cons

Panasonic has operated with many units or divisions, despite continued efforts to consolidate some of divisions to stream line the business. It may not be an issue for someone but for some may be, so, be prepared to remember all of the divisions' name and what they do and quickly adapt to new changes.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on innovation and cool ideas.

"A graveyard"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Panasonic full-time

Pros

Free air, coffee and tea.

Cons

The ghost of the former CEO, Joe, is still there. He got rid of the talent, promoted his cronies and did some bizarre hiring to top positions. Employees and managers who asked tough questions were labeled "complainers". Joe reinforced the Japanese culture of “keep your mouth shut” and never question senior management, no matter how clueless or destructive is their actions.

The only creativity that’s appreciated involve Excel and shifting numbers between columns; i.e. kicking the can down the road from bonus to bonus until retirement.

Advice to Management

Move again. Get out of New Jersey and start a fresh.