Panda Express Reviews in Hayward, CA | Glassdoor

Hayward, CA

1.0
Panda Express Co-CEOs Andrew and Peggy Cherng
Andrew and Peggy Cherng

Pros
  • Lunch breaks came with free food and was a very interesting job (in 174 reviews)

• Free meal and 20% discount on meal purchases (in 104 reviews)

Cons

1. "Not my cup of tea"

Former Employee - Front of House Worker in Hayward, CA
    Former Employee - Front of House Worker in Hayward, CA

I worked at Panda Express part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It has competitive pay compared to other fast food places, higher than minimum wage to say the least. Free food when you take your break. Flexible schedules for those who are balancing two jobs or have classes, they make an effort to work with you... even if they may forget that you asked for a week off two months in advance and kept reminding them monthly as well as placed it on the calendar.

Cons

You only get a 10 minute break, it would be nice if it was 15-20 minutes to catch a breather from the sudden rush of customers. It's stressful when management tells you something "new" that you can't do every week you come in. First it was do not write all the orders on one box because it doesn't look good... it's easier and FASTER for us, cashiers, to do our job though. They would train me to do something for months and then suddenly, they say "Oh, you're not supposed to do that... ever." I've been doing it for three months and you didn't bother telling me... why?!

So if you work for Panda Express, be prepare of random things that was never said and then suddenly spring up on you.

Oh, and be prepare for customers coming in just to yell at you for doing a bad job... their lives are so miserable that they come in to let off steam on people they think who can't speak English well. They will use any excuses to blame something on you... even if they order Chow Mein verbally, what they really meant was Fried Rice physically. If you can handle that, I guess you'll do well here.

Advice to Management

Give your employees all the rules and guidelines in paper format, or paper instructions on how to do the online courses on all the rules/guidelines of Panda Express Inc.

Showing 1 of 1,201 review