KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Panda Express

Is this your company?

Panda Express

Add a Review

Panda Express Employee Reviews about "free food"

Updated Jan 22, 2021

Found 344 of over 3,397 reviews

3.7
Panda Express Co-CEOs Andrew and Peggy Cherng
Andrew and Peggy Cherng
1,359 Ratings
Pros
  • "Got free food and drink every shift(in 345 reviews)

• "Good pay compared to other fast food places(in 273 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours, no work life balance(in 160 reviews)

• "long hours and they make you work at other stores(in 151 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Panda Express and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "free food"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Cashier

Jan 22, 2021 - Cashier in Jacksonville, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free food, flexible hours, great crew

Cons

My experience was really good

2. 2.0

Good Starting Job, Horrible Management, Team, and Customers

Aug 9, 2020 - Counter Help/Cashier in Queen Creek, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

As a first job, it is alright. It is a basic, fast food, starter job. It teaches you the reality of the food industry and how customers are, or some of the worse ones. The pay is a little above average, 50 cents. Free food while you work and 20% discount off of work.

Cons

There are so many downsides of working here. To start, I have met some of the worst customers ever here. I understand every place has their Karens, but it gets insane. One person in the drive-thru literally got charges pressed against her for what she did to the staff. It is also a very stressful job. Very fast-paced and physical. The team is not the best. No one cares about the next, people often start rumours and there is way too much unnecessary drama. As far as management, it is the most unprofessional you can get. They are biased, the hire, promote, and favor their family over the rest. There is sexual harassment, racial remarks, and transphobia/homophobia, very obvious here. I was qualified to be promoted for over 6 months, and I was not promoted because the manager wanted the people that she hired (family members, close friends, people from her store) to get the position instead, despite not being qualified. The assistant manager was a joke, could not do her job, and messed around with an employee. I reported them to HR, and they knew it was me and a few other coworkers based on their tight circle. They then proceeded to harass and purposely target us to the point we had to quit. It might not be all branches, but this one is definitely corrupt. The higher-up managers also do not care.

1 person found this review helpful

Communications Analyst

We appreciate the time you took in providing extensive feedback. At Panda, we are an organization focused on continuous learning and improvement. Your feedback gives us valuable insight into how we can elevate our associate work experiences. We are a workplace committed to collaborative and supportive work environments and am sorry to hear that your experience missed the mark. If you would like, you may share your experience in further detail via our “My Voice Matters” confidential hotline: 626-799-9898 x6053. We do not condone any sexual harassment or racism in the workplace in any manner and look forward to hearing from you.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Very fast pace and expect a lot from you even if you are new and its your first week

Nov 30, 2020 - Team Member in Buckeye, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Female coworkers very helpful and nice, paid break free food, most customers are nice and understanding when you're new, has money go towards college.

Cons

Fast paced for a first job, loud and hot environment, some mangers are rude and very controlling and overwhelming while training you, male coworkers don't leave you alone, always trying to flirt when they see you and splash mop water on your shoes and get them soaked, also when I called out food needed to be cooked one of the male line cooks started laughing and making fun of me because I'm new and they never made the food that the customer needed. It is still my first week(on my fourth day) and the team already wants me on drive thru and register when I haven't even got the serving down as much as I wanted. No benefits for part time workers.

Communications Analyst

At Panda, one of our core values is respect and strive for the highest form of professionalism. We are always seeking to continuously listen, learn, and understand. We thank you for your feedback and will be sharing your feedback with our Ops Management team to improve the experiences for our associates. If you would like, you may share your experience in further detail via our “My Voice Matters” confidential hotline: 626-799-9898 x6053. We do not tolerate any form of harassment in the workplace in any manner and look forward to hearing from you.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Dont bother applying

Jan 13, 2021 - Front of House in Alafaya, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free food on shift, training was on the clock so you got paid

Cons

Terrible management, weird hours, treat you terribly, informal interviews (my interview was with a manager calling me from his car and another while she was working in a kitchen). Since the first interview the manager was already doubting I could not do the job. I was hit on by the whole crew and all the okder people were really rude. In a rush, instead of keeping crew calm manager proceeded to yell at everyone in front of customers. On second shift manager tells me “didnt think you could do it or survive” whatever that means.

Communications Analyst

We apologize on behalf of your experience. The people are the core of our Panda family and we strive to maintaining a good work environment and consistency among all our managerial staff. We take your feedback to heart and will share it with our Ops Management team. If you would like, you may share your experience in further detail via our “My Voice Matters” confidential hotline: 626-799-9898 x6053. We look forward to learning more about your experience.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Fun experience

Jan 11, 2021 - Service Team and Kitchen Staff
      Business Outlook

Pros

Got free food and drink every shift Great management and good pay.

Cons

Always had busy work, when the store was empty I had to clean things that I had cleaned a couple of minutes ago.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Pretty good workplace

Jan 8, 2021 - Kitchen Service Team in Hayward, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Everything is made clear and fair -Free food -Simple and easy job

Cons

It can take time to join the team, I guess it depends on the team and the location

7. 5.0

Good place

Jan 19, 2021 - Shift Leader
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free food, nice people, pay is ok

Cons

long hours, hand work, stress

8. 4.0

Good food, mediocre pay

Jan 10, 2021 - Front of House in Dedham, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The free food is a huge bonus

Cons

Pay is mediocre like all fast food restaurants

9. 4.0

Decent

Dec 13, 2020 - Counter Help
      Business Outlook

Pros

Organized, free food, busy, good experience. Worked with school schedule but not flexible during the holidays

Cons

Depending on your location the people may be inappropriate, some managers were good while others were belittling (I got slapped)

10. 4.0

Meh

Jan 3, 2021 - Team Member in Eugene, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free food and sometimes cool coworkers

Cons

Too stressful and management cares too much about corporate culture

Viewing 1 - 10 of 344 Reviews